Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 01-31-2012, 09:15 PM   #1
Registered Users

Does it cost to go to a La Leche League meeting?

hbelle521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 09:20 PM   #2
My Mood:

No. You can become a member if you decide to. At least that was what it was all the years I went.
Here to help if I can.
Shameless referral links: Soft Star shoes are awesome. Buy them here. PM me your email for 15% of your first Boden purchase.I use Republic Wireless and I will gladly answer any questions.
Agla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 09:27 PM   #3
Registered Users
Just like the pp said - it doesn't cost anything. You can actually go to several meetings without being a member. A friend of mine went for two years before becoming a member. In my chapter you can't borrow books from the library unless you are a member but that's it.

Meg, mama to Joey (2/2010)!
RunawayBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 09:28 PM   #4
Registered Users
Absolutely not!! LLL is open for all women, pregnant, nursing, or curious, it doesn't matter. You can become a member for additional benefits, like a subscription to the magazine, and obviously, to help a good cause! It does not cost to call a(n) LLL leader for help either.

Welcome baby Edeltraud! 27-7-2011 Von meinem iPhone gesendet.
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 08:04 PM   #5
Registered Users

Like others have said it is completely free. There is a membership offered that is either $40 (at least in our area). The membership gets you a 10% discount in the store, an emailed copy of the New Beginnings magazine (they don't make a hard copy anymore) and discounts on things like conferences. And of course part of the membership fee goes to support your local group and state so that your group can keep up the library, help pay for leader continuing education etc. But it is absolutely not necessary to become a member. I have some moms who have been coming for literally years and never got a membership and others who come to their first meeting and want to become members. Both are completely fine. We do allow non members to check out the books in the library.
Awesome Heartsy Deals today! Get $5 credit for signing up and take advantage. Soaps, cookies and baby hats are all feature deals today!
Greenbabybottoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 02:17 PM   #6
Registered Users

At our group, we allow non-members to check out one book at a time from the library, and members can check out as many as they like. The library rules seem to vary by group. But of course, you do not have to be a member to attend meetings or call a leader.
-Alicia, mommy to
Munchkin (5/19/06) and Sweets (4/25/09)
CEVmommy is offline   Reply With Quote