Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-31-2012, 03:02 PM   #1
chach4
Registered Users
seller

how did you/will you tell everyone you were pregnant?

I made a "big brother" shirt for my son. Though I'm not sure how we will show people. Maybe host a game night, maybe inviting local family out to dinner.... For my family who lives 3 hours away, I took a picture of him in the shirt and was going to mail it and wait for the phone to ring.... So that's the PLAN. Not set in stone yet

How did you, or will you tell your friends and family?

Advertisement

chach4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 04:22 PM   #2
Christina
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: how did you/will you tell everyone you were pregnant?

This is baby #5 for us, total surprise and I knew that my parents and my husbands parents were going to flip!! Yes I'm 36yrs old and I'm still afraid of my mother. lol

We were going to wait to tell anyone until at least 12 weeks but when I had a gall bladder attack that turned into pancreatitis and ended up with the hospital I knew it was going to come out. My mom came to see me at the hospital and just as she sat down my surgeon walked in!! Eeek! I knew that all of the pregnancy stuff was going to come out and how we had to wait until the 2nd trimester to do the surgery. I froze, looked at my husband and shushed the surgeon. Again, Eeek!
I had to tell her. Luckily she took it a million times better than I thought she would and then of course the word spread.
Old 01-31-2012, 04:48 PM   #3
MommyKeller0107
Registered Users
seller

We've not told yet. Probably won't under the gender scan.

I tried to tell my mom yesterday, but she said "Please don't tell me you're pregnant, I'll shoot myself"... soooo, she gets a shirt with a target on it and a nerf gun

We'll be getting a pregnancy / gender announcement photo shoot done and paper announcements made from them.. then she'll be doing a blog post and will post it on my FB page.
MommyKeller0107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 04:55 PM   #4
Christina
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyKeller0107 View Post
I tried to tell my mom yesterday, but she said "Please don't tell me you're pregnant, I'll shoot myself"... soooo, she gets a shirt with a target on it and a nerf gun
Old 01-31-2012, 05:08 PM   #5
HookedByCarolyn
Registered Users
Formerly: shaneNspencersmommy
seller
seller

My Mood:

I made my youngest son (18 months) a shirt that says "I'm gonna be a big brother!" and he wore it to all the Christmas get-togethers. My MIL thought it was a hand-me-down. (On Christmas Day? Really MIL? haha) My sister (8 months preg at the time) had to point it out to my mom and she screamed "Are you PREGNANT?!?!?!" No one said anything negative and I was relieved. It was more of a "what's one more" "more the merrier" attitudes. :0)
Old 01-31-2012, 05:12 PM   #6
tazzae
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We have not told yet either. We are going to wait until the nt scan because of my mc history. I'd like to take dd to a 3D scan to tell her; I think the expression on her face would be precious. That would mean waiting until 14 weeks or so though...don't know if we can hold off that long.
Old 01-31-2012, 05:36 PM   #7
andyoly82
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I POAS at my mamas house while on vaca so she knew right away. I told my grandparents at my grandfathers 70th birthday party with my whole family. I tape the stick to his card

DHs family found out on accident when DH slipped and said that we couldn't visit in August because I couldn't fly.

This is baby #2 for us and we just had a loss last August so everyone was very thankful and happy for us. My dad even told me today thy he was proud of me for getting through these past few months. I think my dad has said those words to me maybe twice in my whole life.
Old 01-31-2012, 06:31 PM   #8
amandajiggles
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We told my family for the most part in Xmas cards. Signed all of us, DD and baby #2. I told a friend the other day over the phone after she posted on my facebook that she dreamed I was pregnant and announced it on facebook. My parents I told in person while out shopping one evening, my Mom is fighting breast cancer and just found out she needed another surgery because they somehow missed all of the cancer during her 1st... I thought it was the time for some good news.

Work won't know until I am sure of my due date (hopefully tomorrow afternoon) after my scan. I think I may tell them Thursday or Friday. I'm afraid... I haven't been there very long.
amandajiggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 08:02 PM   #9
LittleThingsMama638
Registered Users
seller

For my parents, we took a picture frame with 3 sections and put each of the kids hospital picture in it, then on the last one put "picture coming august 6, 2012" then they opened it on Christmas.

We also did this for the inlaws, but we always do a family dinner for Christmas, and since I had so much to do and had a lot going on with morning sickness and my gall bladder, I decided that instead of making a typical dessert I'd just get a cookie cake with everyone's names on it. I had seen it right after Thanksgiving and thought it was cute, and when we found out about the baby I decided to just add the baby in there. So it was just on the cookie cake and I told DH he could pick how they found out.. he choose the cake. That didn't go over so well though. MIL almost missed it then told me that all my "gall bladder stuff" made sense now- apparently she thought I was lying about spending Christmas Eve in the ER for my gall bladder (???), FIL told me he thought I wasn't smart enough to know my nieces name so I just put baby #3 on the cake instead, even though her name was on there! (????), and SIL said we copied her because they announced on a cookie cake with an ultrasound picture. It was a mess, and my inlaws are insane.

With DS, we waited until I had my ultrasound done last week. Then we showed him the pictures and talked to him about DD being in my belly since he remembers her being in there and her ultrasound pictures, and how there was another baby in there. He's pretty excited to have another baby, and according to him he's "going to be nice to the baby all the time, unlike DD". We obviously haven't told DD anything as she's 10 months.

We haven't announced on FB either, not sure if I will or how if I do. I have a lot of friends that will be happy but I don't want the comments about how little DD is, or how I'll have my hands full.
LittleThingsMama638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 06:48 AM   #10
Beaner's Mom
Registered Users
seller

I wrapped up a Notre Dame onesie and beanie (DH is a fan) along with a digi and a "House Divided" onesie (my mom is a UGA fan, I'm a GaTech alum) and digi and gave them to my husband and mother a few days before Christmas. I have video of them opening the presents and it is awesome!

I told my grandmother by giving her some yarn and telling her she had until August to get a blanket done.

I told my aunt and a few others by asking them "what is the size of a lentil and has a tail? The baby in my belly!". Cheesy, I know! But fun.

We haven't posted on Facebook. I think I'll do a Valentine's day "card" with 4 Hershey kisses, and write our names on the "tag". The 4th tag will just say Baby #2 or something. Then I'll post that.

My aunt (by marriage), whom I don't really get along with, tried to be offended that she hadn't been told yet. She said she was told I announced it at Thanksgiving. My response was "Um, I wasn't pregnant at Thanksgiving. And I didn't even tell my husband and mother until Christmas." I didn't apologize for not going out of my way to tell her, tho. That was probably petty of me but, oh, well.

Everyone's response has been extremely supportive. Aside from the constant ribbing that it is twins!