Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 09-30-2007, 11:57 PM   #21
Pinchin' pennies 'til they scream
My Mood:
Re: my son hasn't gained weight in three weeks... LOTS of questions.

Originally Posted by snangel View Post
Yes i was thinking perhaps to much fore milk as well. Perhaps try feeing him more on the first side before you switch him. Also get the formula OUT of your house!!!! Give it to a womans shelter, somewhere, just get it out. That is something you dont need hanging over your head. Good luck Momma, sounds like your doing very well!
You're doing great--it's just a valley inbetween the peaks.

Come "like" The Screaming Penny on Facebook HERE Groupon Eversave
Discover Swagbucks (FAQ) then join Swagbucks
Manna00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 10:45 AM   #22
Registered Users

Originally Posted by eyelashes View Post
I am frustrated. My boy hasn't gained an ounce in three weeks. I thought he had actually lost weight, but I weighed him again and he's exactly 14.6 pounds for the third week in a row. I THINK he started sleeping through the night right when he should have had a growth spurt and I need to catch up or something, but my husband is all in a panic about it. Also, he is teething and he seems less interesting in nursing. I am trying to make sure I feed him every two hours at least, is there anything else I can do? Last night my husband was telling me I need to give him formula. He doesn't understand my total commitment to breastfeeding. Ugh. Also, my son usually only poops once every few days, but he has gone 5 times since yesterday morning! How do I know if he has diarhea? It started with a bm that was more solid than normal, followed by totally normal poop, and the last one was sort of mucousy, but I chalked that up to the teething. Sorry. This is a lot of questions. I guess I'm just looking for a little support/advice.
What kind of scale are you getting these weights on? Is he naked on the same scale every time?
Stacey... momma to DD (6yrs), DS (4yrs), and DD (2yrs)
paintedbison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 11:58 AM   #23
Registered Users
Formerly: Mom&BabyNaturally
My Mood:

Just wanted to chime in and say we had the same experience with our babies...they really grew fast for the first few months, then all of the sudden...nothing for several months at a time. With my littlest one I am pretty sure it was around 6 months with absolutely no weight gain! She was happy, healthy, showing no signs of being deficient at all. Then, all of the sudden she started gaining by leaps and bounds again, she gained 2 pounds in just over 3 weeks During the time that her weight was staying the same I did note that she was still growing, we had to get new clothes all the time because she had outgrown long as she was content, so was I
Mommy to 5 Beautiful Blessings
Earn Money and Amazon GCs using Swagbucks
chpiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 05:36 AM   #24
Legendadry Perc
Registered Users

I have one that was 29lbs at 6 mo, and 32 at a year, so ya, really fast weight gain at first, then almost nothing.
I also have one that has never been above the 7th percentile. luckily I had the big one first (actually same weight at birth), and I fed them the same stuff, just different individuals!
Dh and I notice a very distinct pattern in all of them. chub, sleep, grow. First they gain a lot of weight, then they sleep way more than usual, then they have grown. But they gain the weight before they grow, and hardly any, or even loose when they're growing. They just sleep alot.
Also, when a baby gets more active, they burn more energy, so they don't gain as fast, or even loose.
Legendadry Perc is offline   Reply With Quote