Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-02-2012, 11:03 AM   #11
sblakeley
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by smblake
My happy baby is MIA, battling another stuffy nose and not sleeping great, day or night.

Kinda bummed, we didn't get the house we were hoping to, so we are trying to regroup and we might actually build instead.
That stinks!!! Building could be really fun though!! I bet Naomi is doodling pictures ready to help!!!

Advertisement

Old 02-02-2012, 01:13 PM   #12
Andbabymakes2
Registered Users
seller

Re: August 2011 babies- February chat :)

Hey there! seems like forever since I've been on here. I tried to reply last night but my computer froze up in the middle of it! argg!

we've been having some really nice days here, but I dread what that means for summer.At least the kids are getting out and riding their bikes and playing outside.

It's been busy here. Still trying to finish the house, a little at a time now that dh is working full time. I am so frustrated right now, b/c Evan is so clingy and doesn't like to be worn. Not to mention he's got 2 teeth in, plus the upper two just about ready to pop through, and 2 more on the bottom are threatening to show too. He's nursing nonstop it seems + eating solids at almost every meal with us. I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed. But I am glad to be in our house and out of mil's. I'm going to ask her if she will take the kids for a few hours T/Th's so I can work around the house, maybe try to get some sewing/knitting in.

I really need to get some free time to work out too. I need to lose a bunch of weight before my reunion this summer. Hopefully this weekend I can get my gazzelle out of storage as well as my workout videos.

Oh my! look at the time! I need to get busy before I pick up the kids! Going to try and keep up this month with you all. Sorry for the lack of persies this time.
Old 02-02-2012, 02:57 PM   #13
jenn5388
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Sold my Ergo, so I bought a new camera. Got it on walmart, but site to store, so it's going to be awhile before it's here. lol

Learning how to Crochet again.. Joined a crafting group on meetup.com and we're getting together on saturday. They are going to teach me how to read a pattern. There's a couple things I want to make.

I might just not bother with the crocheting right then and start this instead

http://www.duitang.com/people/mblog/17378736/detail/

I bought the stuff for it. I also picked up the older kids craft for valentines day.

Levi is eating babyfood 1-2 times a day he eats a jar and a half!.. we moved up to stage 2 the other day. Last night he had sweet potatos and turkey, and loved it. still makes a face with applesauce. Or any combo with the applesauce.

tonight is chicken noodle soup. lol

He's got his cloth diapers, and because of all the solids, he's also got flushable liners. lol we still use sposies at night, and that will continue forever.

Trying to sell off the rest of the diapers we don't use, people trying to get them for free.. (literally) I also need to take the clothing i have down to the consignment store.. since nothing will sell and I'm tired of trying to get it to.

happy febuary everyone!
jenn5388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 03:40 PM   #14
Andbabymakes2
Registered Users
seller

I need to make some baby food. miss my bullett blender... Gotta get dh to hook up the diaper sprayer too. Going to try and put Evan down so I can go make dinner.

eta-added a few pics of the house. need to take some more recent ones.

Last edited by Andbabymakes2; 02-02-2012 at 03:46 PM.
Andbabymakes2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 04:28 PM   #15
JadeScarlet
Registered Users

Hi everyone!

I don't visit you all much, but my boy is doing great and I'm having a blast at being a mom. We have been exploring solid food a bit to taste some new things, and DS loves it but still BFing so we haven't done much. He can sit up now which is really exciting, except I need to keep a pillow behind him and my arms alert as he can still topple over.

sblakely - I don't know much about school systems but I'd love to hear what you figure out. Are you expats? I'm American, DH is English, and we live in Brazil, and we have both an American school and British school nearby. But it will be years before I have to figure out where to send DS and we may have even moved again by that time.
JadeScarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 04:39 PM   #16
sugar_crystalz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I need to find time to work out too, Vanessa. There are only so many hours in the day and working out seems to come at the end of the list! I made time to do some strength training today, though, and that felt really good. SO out of shape, though- it was difficult to do 10 push-ups ON MY KNEES. Ugh. I'm only 8lb away from pre-preg, but I know I have less muscle than usual as well.

I don't know if Seni's close to getting teeth or not. She's been a little extra crabby and doing funny stuff with her mouth. She's making the cutest little expressions, sucking her lips in and clamping her mouth shut.
Old 02-02-2012, 05:28 PM   #17
sblakeley
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeScarlet
Hi everyone!

I don't visit you all much, but my boy is doing great and I'm having a blast at being a mom. We have been exploring solid food a bit to taste some new things, and DS loves it but still BFing so we haven't done much. He can sit up now which is really exciting, except I need to keep a pillow behind him and my arms alert as he can still topple over.

sblakely - I don't know much about school systems but I'd love to hear what you figure out. Are you expats? I'm American, DH is English, and we live in Brazil, and we have both an American school and British school nearby. But it will be years before I have to figure out where to send DS and we may have even moved again by that time.
We are in process of becoming expats.
Old 02-02-2012, 08:36 PM   #18
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
Vanessa, aren't you loving this weather?!

Melissa, sorry you lost the house. It sounds like building would be fun!

Amy, I gotta get on my desktop ASAP- I want to see that picture!

Sara, I know nothing about other school system, good luck!!

Crystal, I do need to drop some weight too. I haven't lost anything more than what I gained with dd.

I can't believe I made it thru today! And we didn't pick up take out!

Dd is changing personalities on me again. Although she is the happiest little girl and smiley and playful, but naps and nights are awful again!!!! I'm so sad because I was finally getting sleep. I think she may be teething hard again, I wish these things would come out already- she seems miserable.

I wanna join the happy baby pic club so here ya go.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image-776523916.jpg (12.1 KB, 28 views)

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***

Last edited by mommabritt; 02-02-2012 at 08:38 PM.
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 10:29 PM   #19
smblake
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommabritt
Vanessa, aren't you loving this weather?!

Melissa, sorry you lost the house. It sounds like building would be fun!

Amy, I gotta get on my desktop ASAP- I want to see that picture!

Sara, I know nothing about other school system, good luck!!

Crystal, I do need to drop some weight too. I haven't lost anything more than what I gained with dd.

I can't believe I made it thru today! And we didn't pick up take out!

Dd is changing personalities on me again. Although she is the happiest little girl and smiley and playful, but naps and nights are awful again!!!! I'm so sad because I was finally getting sleep. I think she may be teething hard again, I wish these things would come out already- she seems miserable.

I wanna join the happy baby pic club so here ya go.
Seriously, I think mary and harper are in cahoots, I could have typed that word for word describing dd, ugh... So tired of no naps.

I ll add a happy baby shot from my desktop later.
5 angels in my heart always
smblake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 10:50 PM   #20
MamaCoffee
Registered Users
Formerly: babydazedesigns

Hi Ladies!

Ugh, been super busy couple of weeks with DH at basketball all the time it seems. Ellie is sitting up now, and I am fairly certain is going to be cutting a tooth soon, though I have yet to see or feel anything yet. She is just a gnawing and drooling fool these days.

It's been an emotional couple of days, and I've been loving on and hugging my kids a little more the last couple days...our dear friends who are in the midst of adopting their little 16 month old foster son they've had for a year now just found out yesterday that he has a form of cancer in his bone marrow called neruoblastoma cancer and it is stage 4. He'll be undergoing chemo starting immediately, and it sounds like it has spread to his stomach, and possibly other organs. They are completely devastated. He's at Doernbechers and it sounds like he's going to be there for a while. I've just been sick over it.

Sorry to be a downer.

Anyways, looks like we're heading into Portland this weekend to Costco to stock up on our essentials and just get out of town for a bit. Being from LA, I get cabin fever when I'm cooped up in our small town for too long. Looking forward to having dinner someplace that is NOT fast food or craptastic garbage that is the selection over in Longview. Not sure where we're going though. Any PDX'ers have any suggestions? I'm still dairy free for Elle, so sadly the Italian I am craving is pretty much out...it's no good without cheese, cream or butter anyways.

Hope everyone has a good weekend!