Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-03-2012, 08:38 AM   #1
abhernandez
Registered Users

Special Weekend Chat: 2/3- 2/5

By popular demand, I decided to start a special edition chat thread a little earlier than planned Come Monday, I'll start a regular old weekly chat!

So what is everyone up to this weekend? It's summer here and killer hot. I hope it rains so things cool off. I also have my 18 month old nephew today... which is always fun but he's kind of in a horrid mood. He just wants to sit in the corner and pout. He's mad at me because I gave him a sippy cup instead of a real glass. But if you give him a glass, he just dumps it all over himself. Oh well.

Let me know if you guys want to put appointment info up here. I haven't even called so I don't have anything yet.

Upcoming Appointments

2/28- kymdenise

Advertisement

Last edited by abhernandez; 02-03-2012 at 09:04 AM.
abhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 08:53 AM   #2
kymdenise
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Special Weekend Chat: 2/3- 2/5

You rock.. And my son is all about having a glass. Yeah.. Not gonna happen shorty.

I posted this in another thread, but I did set my first appointment up. They wanted to see me at 6 weeks (February 14th) but I asked if I could go in later. For some reason I just want to be absolutely sure I get to hear a heartbeat at my second checkup. That and if this bean doesn't stick, hopefully I could go through it privately, kwim?

So I'm going in on the 28th, which will be 8 weeks. I will feel a little more confident at that point. I still haven't taken another test, but I think I will pick one up when I go get groceries today.

My coffee isn't sitting well today, and I have no appetite. I'm hoping that's early MS, and that it's a good sign.

So, anyone else secretly hoping for twins?
Cautiously expecting number 5 in October
kymdenise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 08:56 AM   #3
ambie719
Registered Users
seller
seller

No weekend plans here, just being lazy around the house, and DH will most likely be playing on the computer most of the weekend.

I saw my family doc yesterday, she doesn't do prenatal care so she is referring me another GP for that, who I've seen for my last 2 pgs, I like her and am comfortable with her. And she is also putting in a request for an u/s, they don't normally do early ones here but she knows how much I'd appreciate having one, so I'm just waiting for the hospital to call me (probably early next week) to set up a date and time. Aside from that I'm coming up on 6 weeks soon, which is around the time I started spotting last time, so needless to say I'm a little high-strung right now lol.
Old 02-03-2012, 09:00 AM   #4
abhernandez
Registered Users

I totally understand Amber... I can't wait to get past the time I started spotting. I'm 5 weeks now and last time at about this time, I got some light spotting but it was brown and right after sex so I was told not to worry. But then 1.5 weeks later, I started bleeding red. So yeah... I can't wait to pass those milestones.
Old 02-03-2012, 09:01 AM   #5
ambie719
Registered Users
seller
seller

Kym, 8 weeks sounds like a great time for a u/s, I'm hoping to get mine around 7-8 weeks as well.

And there is a teeny tiny part of me that would like twins, the part that always wanted 4 kids. But then the practical part of me (as well as the part mostly driven mad by my children) reminds me that twins would be financially terrible for us, and trying to take care of newborn twins with a (by that time) 3.5 & 2 year old would be less than fun.
Old 02-03-2012, 09:02 AM   #6
kymdenise
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Amber- It's so hard NOT to be nervous. That's the hard part about pregnancy. First trimester: Is baby still there? Is baby's heart still beating?
Second Trimester: Was that a kick? If so, how long till I get another? Is baby's heart still beating?
Third Trimester: How long has it been since baby moved..

Yeah. I'm a worrier.
Old 02-03-2012, 09:05 AM   #7
kymdenise
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhernandez View Post
I totally understand Amber... I can't wait to get past the time I started spotting. I'm 5 weeks now and last time at about this time, I got some light spotting but it was brown and right after sex so I was told not to worry. But then 1.5 weeks later, I started bleeding red. So yeah... I can't wait to pass those milestones.
I haven't put out since I got my bfp.. DH is catching on.. I think I'll have to get creative, because right now I'm just afraid to.

Amber: I get that too.. the financials. I just started back in the salon (after working a salon in my home for 9 years) and the money is SO MUCH BETTER, but still not steady. There's no way we could swing child care for two. One is going to basically break us even. That said, I'm really good with our finances, and I know I could make something work. Even if I just went home again.
Old 02-03-2012, 09:11 AM   #8
abhernandez
Registered Users

Yeah. Sex scares me this time too but I already caved. Once. I might avoid it for awhile now. I was soo patanoid after that even dh wants to avoid too.

And I'd love twins. This is going to make me sound bratty but I'm not in love with being pregnant and I'm not a big fan of itty bitty babies so it would be nice to do two at once and be done with it... At least for awhile.
Old 02-03-2012, 09:14 AM   #9
ambie719
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by kymdenise View Post
I haven't put out since I got my bfp.. DH is catching on.. I think I'll have to get creative, because right now I'm just afraid to.

Amber: I get that too.. the financials. I just started back in the salon (after working a salon in my home for 9 years) and the money is SO MUCH BETTER, but still not steady. There's no way we could swing child care for two. One is going to basically break us even. That said, I'm really good with our finances, and I know I could make something work. Even if I just went home again.
I've put out once since the bfp, I felt bad for DH cuz we hadn't DTD since, well, since we conceived lol. No spotting or cramping afterwards, so it seems like so far so good.

And yeah, I'm a SAHM, money is tight as it is, one of the only reasons we can afford another child is that we already have almost all of our big ticket items. If we had twins then we'd need to buy another crib, car seat, bassinet/pnp, plus a cloth stash for 2 more babies instead of 1, it would just be a lot of stuff we couldn't really afford, plus we'd need a bigger vehicle, which is not really an option because we just upgraded our vehicle in the summer, so we don't have enough of it paid off yet to trade it in for a minivan.
Old 02-03-2012, 09:56 AM   #10
GooseBella
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Not much happening this weekend. We told my parents and sisters last night that we are expecting. They were beyond excited. On my side of the family I am the only married daughter right now and also the only one with a child so more children is still very exciting. Called my MW today and they scheduled me an appointment for February 17th. I will only be 4 weeks at the time so I'm hoping they don't attempt to check for heartbeat and don't ask me to get an US. I am also a worrier and not because of a previous loss but because I know a loss can happen to any one. So I don't pretend that it will never happen to me.

No DTD here... I will wait until after 8 weeks. Give me a heartbeat and US with a little bean on the screen and then we will talk.

I am also secretly hoping for twins as my husband only wants an even number of children and really only wants 2. I want 4. So twins would mean we have to have 4 so there is not an odd number.
GooseBella is offline   Reply With Quote