Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-07-2012, 11:47 AM   #31
NurseJessie
Registered Users
seller

Re: October 2012 introductions :)

Thank you so much for your prayers and well wishes! This will truly be a little miracle baby if we get to meet this little on in October!

Advertisement

NurseJessie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 12:48 PM   #32
abhernandez
Registered Users

Welcome and congrats! Don't forget to add your info to the due date stickie!!
Old 02-07-2012, 01:11 PM   #33
alaskamum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Name: Amy

Children: Brandon, 3 next month; Alexandra, 18 months

Favorite color: Can't say. Blue or red.

Favorite food: Sushi! But I'll have to settle for Mexican for the time being.

hobbies: reading, working out

Number of months ttc: 1 month of NTNP, was about to go back on the pill, so I think this baby was "meant to be"

How many babies do you want? 3. This will be it for us.

Type of birth planned? I'm a chicken. I'll be in a hospital with an epidural. Big props to everyone going natural and/or homebirth though!

Anything else you want to share? This will be our first baby that doesn't involve immediate deployment or a major cross country move, so I'm not stressed much about the actual pregnancy, I worry more about what will happen after the baby gets here! I'm a little nervous about 3 kids--the whole having time for everyone/meeting everyone's needs thing. We'll find out the gender ahead of time, I like to be able to plan.
and M
alaskamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 07:10 PM   #34
Deanie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Name: Eileen

Children: Estelle, 2.5 y

Favorite color: Blue or green

Favorite food: Anything good quality that doesn't include sushi, papaya or gorgonzola cheese

hobbies: Lately, overcoming challenges. I'm learning to swim, fighting my habit of procrastination and am trying to get back into many good habits that I lost during my "dark ages" - a hard time in my life that thank GOD is over. I wish I had more time to knit. I like to run, read, practice my faith (catholic) and gain cooking skills.

Number of months ttc: 2

How many babies do you want? 4 or 5. I'd be happy w/ 6 though!

Type of birth planned? Hospital birth.

Anything else you want to share?: This past year has been one of increasing awareness of the Holy Spirit acting through me and for me. I thank God for this little baby and am so happy I could cry.
Old 02-07-2012, 08:04 PM   #35
zaeaton
Registered Users
seller

Name?: Amy

Children?: David-4.5 years and Lily 11months

Occupation?: Formerly an engineer, currently a SAHM

Favorite color?: Pink

Favorite food?: Chocolate!

Hobbies?: Teaching myself to sew. Finding good deals.

Number of months TTC?: 0. This is a Mirena pregnancy.

How many babies do you want?: This will be our last.

Type of birth planned?: Hospital. Hoping to get a doula if we can come up with the $. I have very quick chaotic births!

Anything else you want to share?: I'm still in shock and denial about this pregnancy. I do believe all babies are a blessing, but I don't know how I'll handle 3! We live in a very tiny place with no yard, my husband travels 65% of the time, and we have no family in town. I already feel like I'm going crazy! Actually, I haven't told anyone yet (not even my husband- and I'm not one to keep any secrets from him). I know he will take the news well, but I guess that would make it more real. I'm a mess!

I'm already very nausaus (I do get very sick). I think the heat is not helping!

Last edited by zaeaton; 02-07-2012 at 08:05 PM.
zaeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 08:30 PM   #36
apo_katie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Name: Katie

Children: Mary (15 months)

Favorite color: Undecided.... I really like all colors relating to the outside. So, I guess, rainbow!

Favorite food: Venison! And I love broccoli.

Hobbies: Knitting, playing with my daughter and brewing beer

Number of months ttc: 0! I was on the pill and missed a couple at the beginning of the year.... Oops.

How many babies do you want? I want 4, but DH said 3 and then he'll get snipped, lol.

Type of birth planned? Hospital birth, but the hospital is a birthing center. I want to try and avoid a repeat c-section, but that will depend on the dr on call. I had some problems with my daughter and she was an emergency c-section (she quit moving), so I want to have an OB attending if anything goes south.

Anything else you want to share: I love my job. I'm also *attempting* to knit my first pair of longies for the growing bean. I have a large dog that is the best. She is great with my daughter, protective, loyal, obedient, and a snuggler to boot. I love that most mornings when I wake up, it smells like fresh dirt and trees and grass outside.

Semi-crunchy, vax-ing, organic-eating with a corn intolerance, home-brewing, , ,

Last edited by apo_katie; 02-08-2012 at 08:34 AM.
apo_katie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 08:58 PM   #37
zacifer
Registered Users

My Mood:

WOW! So many new mamas! Welcome to you all. You're joining an already fabulous group!
zacifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 12:43 PM   #38
Sunshine915
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Name?: Lauren

Children?: 2 little girls. One is 3 1/2, the other is 18 months.

Occupation?: SAHM, but I was a laboratory chemist.

Favorite color?: Anything bright, but if I had to pick one...turquoise.

Favorite food?: Bread, pasta, chewy candy...I am a carb-o-holic.

Hobbies?: I LOVE to knit! I used to do a lot of crocheting, but then I learned that knitting is where it's at. I also sew and in a past life I used to dabble in oil painting. I also love hiking and skiing (both XC and downhill).

Number of months TTC?: I have the interesting challenge where my husband just needs to look at me and *bam* I'm pregnant. If it wasn't for breastfeeding, we'd probably be on kid #6 by now.

How many babies do you want?: 3 seems like a really good number because we won't officially need a huge vehicle, but we'll see what God has in store for us.

Type of birth planned?: I had been considering trying out a local birthing center, but will probably stay with the same OB/GYN practice because I really love them. I'm interested in the homebirth/birthing center movement, but I'm probably going to go with the hospital environment. I'm very well informed with the pros and cons of all methods, but my gut tells me to stay with the hospital.

Anything else you want to share?: Hmmm...I'm sure there's a million things to say, but I'll leave it at that for now.
Sunshine915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 02:22 PM   #39
sillyutalktome
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Name?: Jeanette

Children?: Dd born 06/08

Occupation?: SAHM

Favorite color?: Green

Favorite food?: Anything mexican that I can eat with my food allergies

Hobbies?: None! Lol

Number of months TTC?: Over three years

How many babies do you want?: As many as God allows for. We have infertility and will have to do IVF or FET for all future babies. We have four babies frozen that we will eventually transfer.

Type of birth planned?: Hospital or birthing center. Waiting to see how high risk this pregnancy will be considered.

Anything else you want to share?: I'm so excited and nervous to be here! We did IVF in October which was BFN so I'm really thrilled that our first FET worked and just praying that the baby or babies make it.
Old 02-09-2012, 02:25 PM   #40
zacifer
Registered Users

My Mood:

Welcome Lauren and Jeanette!
Jeanette, I'm really lame and don't know the difference between IVF and FET. Care to explain? I'm sorry the IVF in Oct didn't work for you, but congrats on being here now!
zacifer is offline   Reply With Quote