Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 06-11-2006, 02:45 PM   #1
Registered Users
DS waking up the baby

Eeek this drives me nuts. My 2.5 year old will try at all costs to wake up his just 5 mo old baby brother. I know you mammas know how hard it can be to get anything done, esp w/a kiddo or more. Is there any advice for a way to get DS from continuing on his baby-waking crusade? It not only hurts me from getting anything done - including quality one on one time w/DS but it really hurts the baby's mood, etc b/c he doesn't get the sleep he needs by napping during the day & when he's overtired it takes about a million times more effort to get him to sleep.

Oh & putting him in another room doesn't really work either b/c DS will intentionally scream as loud as he can to wake him up.

Once... And Again Fabric | Vintage | Secondhand
CMamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 03:08 PM   #2
Registered Users
Re: DS waking up the baby

My almost 3 year old does this with the twins too so if anyone has any suggestions I'm all ears also!!! He climbs in the crib with them to do it!
Heidi - wife to John and SAHM to Andrew 9/4/96, Liz 12/4/98, Caleb 9/2/03, Aaron & Glory 10/20/05 and Madison 12/5/07 VBAC (born in the water!)
Sun City Babywearers co-leader
1bigfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 08:29 AM   #3
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: DS waking up the baby

I'm in the same boat. My almost three year old daughter does this with my 5 month old son EVERY TIME HE TAKES A NAP but then when he is up and awake playing she ignores him .....
Whimsical Wonders, Tutus by Kimberly
iKim is offline   Reply With Quote