Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-03-2012, 09:56 AM   #11
zacifer
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Special Weekend Chat: 2/3- 2/5

Alice, thanks for the weekend chat. You're like the housewife of our forum. You can manage us all. I love it.

Right now I'm enjoying the peace before the storm. My husband is having surgery right now on his shoulder. We had to drive a ways for it so my mom kept the kids and he and I got a hotel. I had to drop him off early, so now I get to sit here enjoying food in bed and the internet for a few hours before check out. Then I plan to go get some lunch, and maybe shop a bit. So that's the peace. The storm will be after picking him up. I hear the recovery is bad. And last time he had surgery, he was puking afterwards from the drugs. Then he'll be laid up and at some point my mom will bring the kids home. She wants to keep them tonight too and i may just let her. I dont know. They'll just want to see him, but I'll have to keep them away from him.....anyways. For the next week I'll be nurse Jenny. And I think it was mentioned in another thread, but I too look at the TP every time I wipe. Yesterday I was hoping to have early MS as I never had much with my 2 losses, but did with my 3 kiddos. But I told myself it was early and to stop worrying. Then I DID start to feel stuff, and told myself I was imagining it b/c I had just POAS and AF wasn't even late yet. BUT....then I had to run to the bathroom! Isn't that great!? MULTIPLE times. I sure can't imagine that up. ANd last night I had to get up to pee. Oh I hope these tiny early signs keep coming b/c otherwise, I just constantly worry. Ok, even with the signs I worry. Oh my.....

Advertisement

zacifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 10:00 AM   #12
zacifer
Registered Users

My Mood:

Ok, not to be lame, but is there something bad with DTD in these early weeks? Or is it ore of a nerves thing?

And I forgot to answer the twins thing. I'd love them. However, I don't love how most twins are taken C section. ANyways, right now, I'm just worried that I won't even get one.
Old 02-03-2012, 10:28 AM   #13
sheenashine
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oooh! A weekend thread, fancy fancy.

My older girls are home from school today. Teacher work day. So today I'm just being lazy- sleeping in, making breakfast.... I love weekends <3 Then tomorrow ALL my kids are going to their aunts house for a sleepover. Yey! I still co-sleep with my littlest one so I relish the rare moments I get my to myself. DH and I are going to go furniture shopping with our free time, the house we are buying is almost twice the size of the one we are in so we will need (want) a few things. It should be a good weekend.

I'm with you ladies, I've only DTD once. I know it's perfectly safe but both of my most recent losses started with a bit of spotting after DTD... so yeah, it makes me paranoid. And, well, I still have this gross yeast infection. The MW I saw wants me to wait at least until I'm 8w before we consider a treatment- she said it's "really really mild" and "should go away on it's own", it doesn't feel mild! :'(

I go back and fourth on the twins thing. It's tempting to say yes, i would love twins, but I think I just think they are cute. I love love love NBs and the only thing better than a NB would be two NBs. :P But I know logically the reality would be zero sleep and non stop feeding (how do woman breast feed two babies?) which might drive me to insanity. Plus, and this is the big one for me, I am really really really looking forward to a home birth- since I'm a VBAC, I think I would be too nervous to have twins at home. That would literally break my heart.
I did pop at least two eggs this cycle though... so you never know.
Old 02-03-2012, 10:31 AM   #14
sheenashine
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacifer View Post
Ok, not to be lame, but is there something bad with DTD in these early weeks? Or is it ore of a nerves thing?
It's a nerves thing. Which is kinda too bad- because (at least for me) sex in early pregnancy is THE BEST EVER... just not worth it when it causes you to fly into an anxiety attack at every little twinge or run to the bathroom multiple times, not because you have to go but because you are SURE that your bleeding. :'( Not fun.
Old 02-03-2012, 10:34 AM   #15
zacifer
Registered Users

My Mood:

Sheena, how do you know you popped at least two eggs?

ALice, I just read the old chat post. Thanks for your kind words about my blog post. Yes, it IS ironic that I WAS preg while writing that, but I'm still glad I learned those lessons before getting another pos test. They were lessons I needed to learn.
Old 02-03-2012, 10:36 AM   #16
sheenashine
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:

ALice, I just read the old chat post. Thanks for your kind words about my blog post. Yes, it IS ironic that I WAS preg while writing that, but I'm still glad I learned those lessons before getting another pos test. They were lessons I needed to learn.
I had an US that showed two mature follies and one that had the possibility for maturation. I triggered so unlike in a natural cycle where even if you have multiple mature follies it's still likely to only release one, the trigger causes them all to release.
Old 02-03-2012, 10:40 AM   #17
abhernandez
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheenashine

It's a nerves thing. Which is kinda too bad- because (at least for me) sex in early pregnancy is THE BEST EVER... just not worth it when it causes you to fly into an anxiety attack at every little twinge or run to the bathroom multiple times, not because you have to go but because you are SURE that your bleeding. :'( Not fun.
I second this... Its the best ever and then you spend 48 hours completely on edge and paranoid. I actually have a harder time resisting than dh. All these hormones really get to me.....
Old 02-03-2012, 10:59 AM   #18
abhernandez
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacifer
Alice, thanks for the weekend chat. You're like the housewife of our forum. You can manage us all. I love it.
Haha. Its so true. Its always good to have a ttc1 graf in your group... We've got so much more time!!! And in my case its worse as Im not working. Plus I love this ddc... Its just such a happy place to be with all these rainbows and atts-ers. However, I think I may die of boredom in the next 9 months. I get my nephew twice a week but he's so independent that its not that much work. And he's moving to Australia in 6 months... Sob.
Old 02-03-2012, 10:59 AM   #19
ambie719
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:

And I forgot to answer the twins thing. I'd love them. However, I don't love how most twins are taken C section. ANyways, right now, I'm just worried that I won't even get one.
For me it's a paranoid nervous thing, I just don't want to do anything at all that might even possibly affect the pregnancy. And with my last m/c we DTD and then a couple days later is when my spotting started

The c-sec thing is another reason why the practical side of me doesn't want twins. DS1 was a c/s and DS2 was a VBAC, and I know if I got pg with twins they'd probably want to automatically do a c/s, which I'd like to avoid again. Taking care of two newborns + b****** 2 newborns + recovering from a c/s + trying to keep 2 toddlers from using me a jungle gym = one very tired, stressed, sore, cranky, emotionally/physically/mentally traumatized mommy!
Old 02-03-2012, 11:05 AM   #20
abhernandez
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacifer

Life ( or God or whatever you may believe) has a way of knowing what we need even if it seems painful at the time.