Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-03-2012, 07:43 PM   #11
zacifer
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: How long will you wait?

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhernandez View Post
Announcing a pregnancy via fb so isn't my thing. If you not important enough to me and I to you for me to tell you in person or on the phone, you get to find out when I upload a photo of my newbie. I use fb a lot to keep in touch as I live so far away and I have hidden albums for my nearest and dearest and ill put pregnancy stuff on those. You dont have to share everything with everyone
Agreed! I was actually thinking it would be funny to just not mention it and see how long it takes people to ask. I'm so mean. I've honestly done that before. My neighbor, who only has one kid, and never wanted another b/c he was so overwhelmed by her, said we were crazy to have 2. So when I got preg with our 3rd, I never even mentioned it. I'd talk to him weekly and I thought it was hillarious to see his discomfort in wondering if I was or not. As far as FB goes, I think the same thing would be funny. Just go on with life and see how long it takes for people to catch on. Then one day "welcome to the world baby ....."

Advertisement

zacifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 08:45 PM   #12
abhernandez
Registered Users

You know... I really might do this. And just see how long it lasts. Except with the people I actually care about.
Old 02-03-2012, 08:46 PM   #13
sheenashine
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

LOL @ Jenny starting an evil trend.
Old 02-03-2012, 08:56 PM   #14
kymdenise
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
This is exactly what DH and I have talked about. I have told a select few very close to me. My parents, a sister, my boss (kinda. I rent a chair from her), and my sweet friend whom I covet her prayers. As for the rest, I truly am tempted to see how long it takes before I catch people looking twice. I had a client come in a few weeks ago with a shirt that said "does this baby make me look fat?". I lol'd.
Cautiously expecting number 5 in October
kymdenise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 09:06 PM   #15
GracieMak'sMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I already told a few close friends that knew we were ttc(but they were mostly all on-line friends) 2 IRL friends, and my DH. We are'nt going to tell family/friends until at least 8 weeks. 12/13 weeks with everyone else/facebook. I have yet to have a m/c(knock on wood) but i am at a high risk for late-term losses. So i am always super cautious.
Old 02-03-2012, 09:21 PM   #16
alaskamum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We'll tell IL's this weekend; MIL is a doctor and my ob is one of her colleagues, I wouldn't be able to NOT tell them.
My dad and stepmom...next time I talk to him. They're in Florida for the winter, so we talk every one or two weeks.
My mom...I guess one of these days. She's still mad at me over Thanksgiving, and is barely speaking to me. Prior to Thanksgiving (like ever since dd was born), she made frequent and numerous lectures about how I'd better be on birth control and never have another baby, b/c she had 3 kids and it was so awful, and would have been easier if she only had 2, and that me and DH couldn't handle another.

I've only told 2 friends IRL. I'll probably tell some neighbors when the weather gets a little nicer and everyone is out in their yards.
and M
alaskamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 06:23 AM   #17
ambie719
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Announcing a pregnancy via fb so isn't my thing. If you not important enough to me and I to you for me to tell you in person or on the phone, you get to find out when I upload a photo of my newbie. I use fb a lot to keep in touch as I live so far away and I have hidden albums for my nearest and dearest and ill put pregnancy stuff on those. You dont have to share everything with everyone
See I'm not a phone person and I'm something of a shut-in. The easiest way to get a hold of me is to send me a Facebook message or email. I never use my cell phone to actually call anyone, I only use it to text my Mom or DH. So since all my friends are far away FB is our main form of communication. And after I announce I always put up an album of bi-weekly belly pics, and my friends all love seeing me get bigger over time.
Old 02-04-2012, 06:30 AM   #18
abhernandez
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambie719

See I'm not a phone person and I'm something of a shut-in. The easiest way to get a hold of me is to send me a Facebook message or email. I never use my cell phone to actually call anyone, I only use it to text my Mom or DH. So since all my friends are far away FB is our main form of communication. And after I announce I always put up an album of bi-weekly belly pics, and my friends all love seeing me get bigger over time.
I understand that. I use fb quite a bit
.... All my best friends live in the us. Theyll find out via skype though.
Old 02-04-2012, 06:32 AM   #19
ambie719
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
I understand that. I use fb quite a bit
.... All my best friends live in the us. Theyll find out via skype though.
Thats a fun way to tell them. Unfortunately I'm too lazy for Skype lol. DH tried to use it so the ILs could see the boys, but our laptop doesn't seem to want to co-operate with it so it was a no go.
Old 02-04-2012, 07:28 AM   #20
abhernandez
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambie719

Thats a fun way to tell them. Unfortunately I'm too lazy for Skype lol. DH tried to use it so the ILs could see the boys, but our laptop doesn't seem to want to co-operate with it so it was a no go.
I only started using skype since i got an iphone.... And its so easy. So im lazy tool!!! Hahaha.

Unrelated but I look at the edd list and I see yours is the 1st and Im all omg jealous. She's soo far ahead of me. And then I return to rationality and realize that my edd is 4 days after yours and that I must be smoking some serious crazy hormones to be think 4 days is an eternity. I prob repeat the above cycle at least once a day.

Last edited by abhernandez; 02-04-2012 at 07:32 AM.
abhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote