Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-06-2012, 09:48 PM   #11
mrosehughes
Registered Users
seller

Yeah, the night training.... just isn't going to happen here, either. But, DS stayed dry today! So daycare is pretty happy, although I guess his teacher did have to use a little coaching. Then tonight at dinner he looked at me and gasped and I said, 'you have to potty? Let's hurry!' and he made it. So we've made good progress

Advertisement

Old 02-06-2012, 11:21 PM   #12
shelookslikeamom
Registered Users
seller

Re: 3 Day Potty Training, here we go!

Yes! Glad to hear of that progress for you! Especially for daycare, whew! What a relief. ^_^
Old 02-07-2012, 09:02 PM   #13
*MamaStacy*
Registered Users
Formerly: MyTwoSunshines
seller
seller

My Mood:

Good for you both for hanging in there! Night training IMO (and that includes naps) is a little harder for some kids to get down. The only accidents DD has had since we started have been during naps or nighttime.
Expecting our Rainbow EDD 11/19/15 IT'S A GIRL!!!
*MamaStacy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 08:08 PM   #14
mrosehughes
Registered Users
seller

Yesterday DS did perfect again... And then today almost every single potty was an accident(sigh).

I don't know if it's because it was one of his two 'regular' teacher's day off today (with the regular sub), or if it's some other reason, and I also don't know whether to just ignore it and start fresh tomorrow. The 3-day book doesn't really talk about this happening.
Old 02-11-2012, 08:40 AM   #15
visioner
Registered Users
seller

How is it was going? Any updates?
My DS will tell us he has to go but he will not sit on the potty I have tried everything I can think of. Any tips?
visioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 02:39 PM   #16
shelookslikeamom
Registered Users
seller

Hi, visioner! We're doing great over here. There are still some accidents in the afternoon/early evening, but I'm so proud that DD knows to hold her pee until she gets on a potty, even if she's wearing a pull-up! We're doing pull-ups for sleep and trips out of the house. The pull-up will be wet after sleep, of course.

I made a sticker chart for her. At the end of a day without any accidents, she will get a sticker. I plan to buy her a new toy after she gets 5 stickers. We don't have any stickers on the chart yet, but this is only the first week after all. I know we're close to an accident free day, I just know it!

As far as your little guy refusing the potty... that's hard. Does he not like diapers? Something I did with DD before I tried the 3-day method was that I gave her this ultimatum: either sit on the potty when Mommy asks you to or wear a diaper. That was before she would signal to me when she had to go, so it was up to me to determine the potty breaks. And she HATED her diapers. That's why we're getting into potty training at 21 months! I'll try to think of something else for you, but right now I gotta get DD up from her nap. In the meantime, good luck!
Old 02-12-2012, 01:39 AM   #17
mrosehughes
Registered Users
seller

We're doing good here, too. DS still misses the beginning of pees, but he usually catches himself quickly enough that he's just slightly damp. He's ok for naps too (and I'm not trying for nights). DS didn't like the potty much at first, either. You can try different little potties, let him sit on it with clothes, read about it; anything to make it less scary. I found with DS it also helped for him to see other little kids use the potty.
Old 02-12-2012, 01:01 PM   #18
*MamaStacy*
Registered Users
Formerly: MyTwoSunshines
seller
seller

My Mood:

I am FINALLY able to skip DD's 1am potty time lol. We started this journey a month ago tomorrow. I've been taking her to the potty during the night since we started cuz otherwise she was having accidents. I slowly started moving the time up (first to 3am, then to 5am) and now she's going 10pm-10am w/out the potty.

I'm happy to see you all are having such great success. Its really worth it in the end.
Expecting our Rainbow EDD 11/19/15 IT'S A GIRL!!!
*MamaStacy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 07:10 PM   #19
shelookslikeamom
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by *MamaStacy* View Post
I am FINALLY able to skip DD's 1am potty time lol. We started this journey a month ago tomorrow. I've been taking her to the potty during the night since we started cuz otherwise she was having accidents. I slowly started moving the time up (first to 3am, then to 5am) and now she's going 10pm-10am w/out the potty.

I'm happy to see you all are having such great success. Its really worth it in the end.
Woot!!! Very glad to hear it, Stacy! How did DD react to being woken up? Was she cooperative? Did she ever fight you and refuse to sit on the potty? That's the reaction I got when I tried to get my DD to go potty at night. She's in pull-ups for sleep right now which is fine, but I need to figure something else out for nap time. She has not been napping consistently, and she takes full advantage of the fact that she's wearing pull-ups while she's awake (and I'm trying to get her to sleep), and then that transfers over to lots of accidents when I put her back in panties. I was doing the pull-ups because she wasn't sleeping in panties. I think I'll try putting her back in CD's for nap time. This potty-training deal is one big trial and error!
Old 02-12-2012, 10:02 PM   #20
visioner
Registered Users
seller

He doesn't seem to mind diapers or being poopy.

He is having success with the telling me he has to go...poop poop potty potty and he will run to the bathroom, get his pants down and then say no. This happened for 4 hrs straight today before he peed while I was feeding the baby and couldn't get up fast enough.

He knows if he gets it in the potty, he gets to dump and flush (his fav things!) but he is just so scared. I feel bad. Today was the end of day 4. I wasn't expecting for him to be potty trained in 3 days but I thought he would be over the scaredness? of the potty. He is 25 months. Anyone have any tips besides wait it out?

I have tried both a potty chair and seat. Candy, toy, sticker rewards, games, songs. I have sat with him on both- front and behind. I gave him my chap stick and sunglasses today and that seemed to help a bit.

We are not waking him at night because he is an early riser and he would think it was time to get up.
visioner is offline   Reply With Quote