Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-04-2012, 08:43 PM   #1
coffeemama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Trainers (Flip,Grovia,Antsy Pants)

Anyone have input on these?

Advertisement

Old 02-04-2012, 11:24 PM   #2
papoosecaboose
Registered Users
seller

Re: Trainers (Flip,Grovia,Antsy Pants)

I've owned all 3, but our criteria might be different than most. We use them for night time and nap time on my 3 year old. Let me just say that you're on the right track in regards to trainers that can unsnap to remove. I bought some Tinkle TIme Trainers that were just pull up/ pull down w/ no snaps. It was awful!

The Antsy Pants were a big fail for us, so we only used them for a short while before FSOT them. The place to insert a soaker was really small and couldn't hold enough for my heavy wetting boy. You also had to get it in there just so, in order to avoid wicking or leaks.

The Flip Trainer fits my big boy (he's probably as tall as most 4/5 year olds, but skinny to average) better than any of the others, but there are gaps at the legs. It hasn't really cause a leak yet, but it has the potential to. I'm still trying to make it work and haven't given up hope yet. I really like that I can hang the outer cover to dry and reuse it a couple more times before washing. Less washing = less wear and tear on the cover, plus less laundry!

The GroVia one is really nice and very well made. Easy to stuff, very absorbent (I use 2 of the Flip trainer inserts and they fit perfectly). I had bought the larger size side extenders because my boy wears size 4 pants, I figured he would need them. Turns out, the regular panels provide a great fit around the waist and I'm not using the extras. We have had no leaks with these and to me, they look like they're probably the most comfortable out of all these trainers for my son to wear. The only negative is the rise is just too short for my taste (I like diapers to come up to the belly button since my kids are tummy sleepers.)

One that you didn't mention and you might not know about is Fashionably Green Baby. I have two sets of her nighttime trainer and they are my favorite out of everything we've tried. She can give you a custom fit that will work best for you. These are by far the easiest to get ready for use, (just unsnap the insert to wash and snap it back in when clean) and you can reuse the covers a couple of times, like with the flip trainer.

Hope this helps a bit!
Old 02-05-2012, 02:11 PM   #3
flybaby3219
Registered Users

Antsy Pants™ Pull-Up Cloth Diapers have been on the market since Spring of 2009, steadily making improvements during that time and are the patent-pending original pull-up cloth diaper. I know all of this, because I invented them and own the brand.

Antsy Pants ™ can be used for full-time diapering on babies from 12lbs (size 1T, which my younger daughter has worn since the age of 2 months), for active potty training and for overnight diapering for kids all the way through age ten or older (very useful for special needs kids and primary bedwetting).

While Antsy Pants™ aren't right for everyone (no single brand of cloth diapers is), we have found that they do work well for the vast majority of children. APs are made in Oregon with US and imported materials. The unique Antsy Pants ™ lining employs moisture managing fleece material to give little ones the ability to feel when they wet, then fades to a dry feel in around 7 minutes time, resetting for the next time the child wets so he or she will learn to associate wetness with the urge to urinate, eventually making potty training easier and quicker. This effect, which I call "Wetting Feedback™", teaches toddlers important potty skills even if they are not yet actively potty training. As far as I know, this feature is only available in Antsy Pants™.

I recommend transitioning from diapers to Antsy Pants™ before the age of 18mos to get the most out of them. By then most toddlers will fit the 2T size (at around 20lbs) and will be steady enough on their feet to be able to step into the diaper with the sides snapped.

Both the Grovia and Flip trainer were just launched at the end of 2011 and both are imported (I believe from Asia). Both of these brands have chosen to gear their product toward just actively potty training children.

Good luck with your decision, and visit http://GetAntsy.com for more on diapering and potty training with Antsy Pants™.
flybaby3219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 03:01 PM   #4
ssand23
Registered Users
seller
seller

I have both Flip trainers & Grovia. I've been using them as diapers since my son outgrew one size diapers. I really love the Flip trainers but am in the process of selling off our Grovia trainers (I have a brand new Cloud & 2 new plus size side panels for sale). The Grovia ones are just too small. I'd say they really fit up to 40 lbs, even with the plus size panels. They are too small at the waist, rise & especially the thighs. My son is a chunky guy & I think the Grovia trainer would be better suited for a thin or younger child.

I double stuff the Flip trainers with 2 of their inserts for nights & naps. They haven't leaked, even with my son's very heavy wetting from his liquid only medical diet. They even stood up to diarrhea when he had antibiotics in the hospital.

He is able to get them up & down on his own & he likes all the different colors.
ssand23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 03:30 PM   #5
coffeemama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks ladies it is very helpful. DD is 18 months and not sure she is ready and have diaper $ so was thinking about investing in some trainers. AP momma I love it when owners come and directly take time to help. So for sure I will be trying at least a couple of these . I love the looks of the HC ones too
Old 02-05-2012, 08:47 PM   #6
Lesley@CottonBabies
Registered Users

Good luck with potty training, and finding a trainer that works for your little one mama! I just wanted to clarify that the Flip Trainers are not an imported product. Every part of the Flip Trainer is made and manufactured in the United States.
Lesley@CottonBabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 08:53 PM   #7
visioner
Registered Users
seller

The Flip trainers are too big on my 30lb 2yr old. He gets plumber's crack even when the trainer is dry. The leg gaps as well. But we have only leaked once- in his car seat.
I ordered some Grovia's to hopefully use for out and about and night but they are not here yet.
visioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 12:57 PM   #8
coffeemama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybaby3219 View Post
Antsy Pants™ Pull-Up Cloth Diapers have been on the market since Spring of 2009, steadily making improvements during that time and are the patent-pending original pull-up cloth diaper. I know all of this, because I invented them and own the brand.

Antsy Pants ™ can be used for full-time diapering on babies from 12lbs (size 1T, which my younger daughter has worn since the age of 2 months), for active potty training and for overnight diapering for kids all the way through age ten or older (very useful for special needs kids and primary bedwetting).

While Antsy Pants™ aren't right for everyone (no single brand of cloth diapers is), we have found that they do work well for the vast majority of children. APs are made in Oregon with US and imported materials. The unique Antsy Pants ™ lining employs moisture managing fleece material to give little ones the ability to feel when they wet, then fades to a dry feel in around 7 minutes time, resetting for the next time the child wets so he or she will learn to associate wetness with the urge to urinate, eventually making potty training easier and quicker. This effect, which I call "Wetting Feedback™", teaches toddlers important potty skills even if they are not yet actively potty training. As far as I know, this feature is only available in Antsy Pants™.

I recommend transitioning from diapers to Antsy Pants™ before the age of 18mos to get the most out of them. By then most toddlers will fit the 2T size (at around 20lbs) and will be steady enough on their feet to be able to step into the diaper with the sides snapped.

Both the Grovia and Flip trainer were just launched at the end of 2011 and both are imported (I believe from Asia). Both of these brands have chosen to gear their product toward just actively potty training children.

Good luck with your decision, and visit http://GetAntsy.com for more on diapering and potty training with Antsy Pants™.
Can you just order one AP trainer from your site? What I am seeing it looks like you just sell them in lots
Old 02-06-2012, 05:53 PM   #9
Shalom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I like antsy pants trainers, but the 2T fits a little small on my chunky 21 month old, so we need to size up. I did have an issue with customer service with Antsy Pants that after a month was still never resolved (that was super frustrating), but I have really liked the product itself. My daughter is a heavy wetter and I use a BG NB insert folded long-wise easily tucked in the AP trainer (the whole side is open so it's easily stuffed) and it keeps everything contained for about 4 hours (she really isn't potty training yet). I bought one of the flip trainers, but didn't even try it on because I felt that the very thin inserts wouldn't contain all her pee. I am super excited to try the new grovia trainers because they look like the AP trainers, except they have replaceable stretchy sides that are easier than dealing with AP customer service, which is a plus to me! Good luck in your search. Oh, you can also get AP with OBV insides instead of the feel-dry synthetic insides. You just have to custom order them and they are a little more expensive (or buy used on FSOT). I need to sell some of my regular AP to fund the bigger sizes :-)

The hurt a troubled child creates is never greater than the hurt they feel inside. -T.

Last edited by Shalom; 02-06-2012 at 06:01 PM.
Shalom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 09:54 PM   #10
gbabies2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by visioner View Post
The Flip trainers are too big on my 30lb 2yr old. He gets plumber's crack even when the trainer is dry. The leg gaps as well. But we have only leaked once- in his car seat.
I ordered some Grovia's to hopefully use for out and about and night but they are not here yet.
I know this post is very old but I am curious, which did you end up liking better, the Grovia or bG Flip Trainer? Or, did you find another that worked for you? I ask b.c I LOVE your diapers so would love to know what you like
gbabies2 is offline   Reply With Quote