Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-06-2012, 05:58 AM   #11
okiemama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
can u turn the cold water off when u do a load of dipes?

Advertisement

Old 02-06-2012, 06:11 AM   #12
Maurisa74
Registered Users
seller

Re: I hate my FLer washing machine because...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahannecloud9 View Post
I just delt with 2 faulty kenmores in a row! AHHHH!
What was going wrong with yours?
Maurisa74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 06:30 AM   #13
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The first was delivered and would not dilute the bleach or softner, destroyes many cloths and dipes. Repaire/adjusted multiple times and replaced. The second refused to self level, 4 repairs and 100 back and forths on the phone later, I DEMANDED they replace it with another brand or I was dumping in sears parking lot and they would loose an extreamly valuable customer. I cried, hollered, put the repairman on the phone, dh on the phone, then demanded a manager. Went to sears and the manager said he would have taken care of all of it for me! AHHHH! he ended up giving me a nicer model samsung for the same price difference! I love this thing. Dipes are actually clean on my prewash (27 min quickwash). Now silly dh thinks i should just wash everything on that setting!
Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89
sarahannecloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 07:14 AM   #14
alaskamum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
The first was delivered and would not dilute the bleach or softner, destroyes many cloths and dipes. Repaire/adjusted multiple times and replaced. The second refused to self level, 4 repairs and 100 back and forths on the phone later, I DEMANDED they replace it with another brand or I was dumping in sears parking lot and they would loose an extreamly valuable customer. I cried, hollered, put the repairman on the phone, dh on the phone, then demanded a manager. Went to sears and the manager said he would have taken care of all of it for me! AHHHH! he ended up giving me a nicer model samsung for the same price difference! I love this thing. Dipes are actually clean on my prewash (27 min quickwash). Now silly dh thinks i should just wash everything on that setting!
Interesting...I've been having trouble with bleach not diluting, I thought it was just me and I stopped using it or started diluting it myself...I think I have the same Samsung as you do (has sanitary cycle but not steam?).
I do have the problem also with the hot cycle on 'normal' not being hot at all. I've stuck my finger in the drawer as it is filling, it only fills with hot for like 5 seconds, the rest is cold. I only get decently hot water if I use the heavy duty cycle which is so long.
I think I may be calling Samsung.
and M
alaskamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 08:57 AM   #15
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskamum

Interesting...I've been having trouble with bleach not diluting, I thought it was just me and I stopped using it or started diluting it myself...I think I have the same Samsung as you do (has sanitary cycle but not steam?).
I do have the problem also with the hot cycle on 'normal' not being hot at all. I've stuck my finger in the drawer as it is filling, it only fills with hot for like 5 seconds, the rest is cold. I only get decently hot water if I use the heavy duty cycle which is so long.
I think I may be calling Samsung.
I think it was Sarah's first Kenmore that had the bleach/softener issue. I'd still investigate, though, mama!
lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 10:25 AM   #16
alaskamum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynn97 View Post
I think it was Sarah's first Kenmore that had the bleach/softener issue. I'd still investigate, though, mama!
I caught that; I just didn't type it out very well...I was just thinking that I did something wrong with the bleach; I didn't know the bleach thing happened to anyone else...and since it sounds like her Samsung doesn't have that problem, I don't want mine to have that problem either.

I emailed Samsung about the bleach ruining clothes and the lack of hot water, and they sent me back an email telling me that I was using too much detergent, and to try not filling it above the max line in the dispenser.

I have read other bad things online about Samsungs and other fl's in general with the hot water thing; it has to do with energy ratings. I'll have to try calling when I get the chance.
and M
Old 02-06-2012, 10:54 AM   #17
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskamum

I caught that; I just didn't type it out very well...I was just thinking that I did something wrong with the bleach; I didn't know the bleach thing happened to anyone else...and since it sounds like her Samsung doesn't have that problem, I don't want mine to have that problem either.

I emailed Samsung about the bleach ruining clothes and the lack of hot water, and they sent me back an email telling me that I was using too much detergent, and to try not filling it above the max line in the dispenser.

I have read other bad things online about Samsungs and other fl's in general with the hot water thing; it has to do with energy ratings. I'll have to try calling when I get the chance.
Gotcha. yeah, my he TL adds cold water too and I wish it didn't. I just turn the cold off while it's filling for diapers. I hope Samsung gets you squared away!
lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 11:59 AM   #18
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskamum View Post

Been there! It's protocal to tell you that crap! I was told the same crap! Just ask for a manager or tell them this is NOT that dang issue. It's the first step they want you to do when trouble shooting. Call them back and say that it didn't work! This is the bull I consistantly delt with with the kenmore. I even had bleach coming out in my colored loads. Tell this this is unacceptable and demand a repairman. We have the same samsung, mine does NOT do this.It's a problem with the water pressure properly diluting the bleach and softner. Every once in a while I'll find a softner spot on a very dark blue item. It washes out. But, I'm not using less softner. It shouldn't be an often event. The first repairman adjusted the water pressure to the dispencer, it still had the problem. The next repairman said that could not be done (newby?). I watched him do it! It was something elese! Don't take their crap, they'll just keep passing you along. Ask for a manager if you are not happy!
Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89
sarahannecloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 01:06 PM   #19
alaskamum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Been there! It's protocal to tell you that crap! I was told the same crap! Just ask for a manager or tell them this is NOT that dang issue. It's the first step they want you to do when trouble shooting. Call them back and say that it didn't work! This is the bull I consistantly delt with with the kenmore. I even had bleach coming out in my colored loads. Tell this this is unacceptable and demand a repairman. We have the same samsung, mine does NOT do this.It's a problem with the water pressure properly diluting the bleach and softner. Every once in a while I'll find a softner spot on a very dark blue item. It washes out. But, I'm not using less softner. It shouldn't be an often event. The first repairman adjusted the water pressure to the dispencer, it still had the problem. The next repairman said that could not be done (newby?). I watched him do it! It was something elese! Don't take their crap, they'll just keep passing you along. Ask for a manager if you are not happy!
Thanks mama, I'll have to get on this...I just figured it was the way the machine worked and I was the dummy for buying it.

ETA: and I'm kicking myself, we have a local appliance store that I SHOULD have bought my washer from, they would have come out and fixed this no problem. I'm glad I bought my dishwasher from them, I had a problem and they came out and it turned out there was a plastic piece from the factory stuck in the spray arm, they got it all working fine again, no charge, no headache, good service. Lesson learned.
and M

Last edited by alaskamum; 02-06-2012 at 01:11 PM.
Old 02-10-2012, 07:54 AM   #20
Maurisa74
Registered Users
seller

The service guy came out today. He worked on it for an hour and decided I needed a new part...something board? Anyway, the part is going to be shipped directly to me. He will be back on the 20th to install it! So happy there is something wrong and wish I would have called earlier. Hopefully I'll be washing diapers in hot water on the 20th. Thanks all for encouraging me to call again.
Maurisa74 is offline   Reply With Quote