Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-07-2012, 06:21 AM   #91
Almacham
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anyone else give up on used diapers???

Well, prefolds are super heavy to ship. You usually have to use flat rate boxes at $10 and up. So I think the benefit of buying used prefolds is not really a cheaper price, but the fact that they're already prepped by someone else.

Advertisement

Almacham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 06:40 AM   #92
vtechmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

Yeah I sold GMD oranges here and they were EBF stained so I did $1 a diaper, not realizing the cost of shipping. I learned my lesson on that. The dozen that I sold for $12 cost me $11 to ship so I made a whole dollar. The others sold as a 24 lot and cost about $15 to ship so I made a whole $9 there. So if you see prefolds selling subtract $10-15 for shipping and then you'll see what the mom is actually getting.
Old 02-07-2012, 06:51 AM   #93
~MamaMayhem~
Registered Users
Formerly: azmansmom
seller

My Mood:
You are right. I had a mama offer me an EUC wetbag for like .50 less than retail

Almost all typos provided care of my iPhones stupid auto correct
Old 02-07-2012, 06:57 AM   #94
mommyto3beautifulbabes
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I think a lot of people feel this way. I have a ton for sale, cheap...way below retail & am still not getting any response. I don't have a ton of FB but I do have some. Mostly this is because I bought one stash of BG & used them for over 2 years, never buying/selling others during that time. I find offering stuff so cheap that I've gotten the "too good to be true" comment & people find the stashes to be too reasonably priced. I don't know what to do.

http://EverythingForModernMoms.blogspot.com...visit my blogs for lots of reviews and tons of giveaways!
mommyto3beautifulbabes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 08:25 AM   #95
TutuEllagant
Registered Users
Formerly: Mama20
seller
seller

Maybe it's because my father was a salesman, but I don't understand not negotiating (from the seller, especially). I'm not going to lose a sale over a couple dollars if someone really wants the stuff I'm offering but is asking for a little lower price. I've also found as a buyer that mamas have always been cordial when I've asked for a lower price. Maybe they are offended but don't express it, but I've always had the "sure I can do that!" response, or the "no, I'm sorry I just can't go any lower" response. No big deal!

eta: I didn't realize so many mamas felt awkward about negotiating so I'm editing my FSOT posts so people might feel more comfortable doing so. we'll see!

Last edited by TutuEllagant; 02-07-2012 at 08:41 AM.
TutuEllagant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 08:53 AM   #96
hohaas
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Compared to when I was searching for dipes for my 1st DD the asking prices seem higher for used dipes. I've only had good experiences on FSOT thank goodness. If I can get a new dipe for close to the same price people are asking for on FSOT there's no way I'd buy used.
Old 02-07-2012, 10:21 AM   #97
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

I've bought all of my current stash and some of my wool used. Usually I get a good deal but on the prefolds not nearly as good as I would
like. My flats equaled out to only $1.07pp per LL. Some were stained but most of the stains have come out. My wool I have seldom paid more than 25% of retail if I am buying used. I am shocked at the price of used disana wool soakers. I've seen many sold for up to $26pp.Why when you can buy new for $23.95pp? Honestly though if I can afford it I simply prefer new. I want to do all flats and would like more than I currently have but since the flats I am seeing on fsot are more than or the same as new I am waiting for taxes to come in to buy the rest new. Then I will likely sell my prefolds.
qsefthuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 10:43 AM   #98
cajsmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I purchased a set of diapers recently from a momma that I'd bought from before and had good luck with. So this time, when she said the diapers were in EXCELLENT condition I trusted her. So I paid the going rate for these diapers that were in excellent condition. (75-80% of new cost +shipping). Well the diapers arrived yesterday and I almost cried! They were grey, smelly, all dingy, and all stained. 2 also had wear holes through the liners. The fabric was thinning in them as well. They clearly had been WELL used! I emailed the momma and she appologized and promptly refunded my $$ for which I am very greatful. But now I have to rebuy them somewhere else and I'm really thinking of sticking to new this time also. In the meantime, I'm in the middle of stripping and bleaching them so I can use them until my new ones come. Blech!

Disappointing to say the least.

So what I dislike is that everyone has a different perception of what the condition of items are in. Also their motives for selling vary alot as well KWIM?
Old 02-07-2012, 10:55 AM   #99
juliasmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I have gone through spurts. I have got some awesome deals from amazing, sweet Mommas and I have felt jipped upon receiving items not as described. I have found the FSOT love again, but I am more saavy and ask more questions. If I can spend just a few dollars more to buy new than I do. If you dont like a sellers price or description, then make an offer and ask specific questions. If you dont get the response you want, just reply "Thanks, but no thanks!". It is the sellers right to price as she pleases. Dont buy anything without being satistied with a complete description and additional pics if needed.
Old 02-07-2012, 11:29 AM   #100
juliasmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cajsmommy
I purchased a set of diapers recently from a momma that I'd bought from before and had good luck with. So this time, when she said the diapers were in EXCELLENT condition I trusted her. So I paid the going rate for these diapers that were in excellent condition. (75-80% of new cost +shipping). Well the diapers arrived yesterday and I almost cried! They were grey, smelly, all dingy, and all stained. 2 also had wear holes through the liners. The fabric was thinning in them as well. They clearly had been WELL used! I emailed the momma and she appologized and promptly refunded my $$ for which I am very greatful. But now I have to rebuy them somewhere else and I'm really thinking of sticking to new this time also. In the meantime, I'm in the middle of stripping and bleaching them so I can use them until my new ones come. Blech!

Disappointing to say the least.

So what I dislike is that everyone has a different perception of what the condition of items are in. Also their motives for selling vary alot as well KWIM?
I learned a few hard lessons like that! All we can do as buyers is ask very specific condition questions, and if we are out right lied to we NEED to leave negative feedback... In some situations a refund isnt enough.