Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-05-2012, 03:46 PM   #31
mamasab
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Me! I gave up on FSOT after every single used diaper I bought has elastic issues or staining problems or crappy velcro. Oh, and each one has given my kid a rash. Really. So we buy new only...I am obsessive about finding a good sale and think I probably save just as much as I would buying used crap.

Advertisement

mamasab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 04:00 PM   #32
craigwick
Registered Users
seller

Re: Anyone else give up on used diapers???

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrieKastelein View Post
I'm new to FSOT, Both selling and buying...I have 5 Charlie Bananas for sale and I'm asking 80.00 for the lot - I have taken very good care of them, and they are in GREAT condition if not immaculate! In the 4 months I used them, he'd maybe wear them 2-3 days out of the week, because I prefer AC's! Am I asking to much?

As for buying, I haven't yet because I'm worried I'm going to end up disappointed with the product I receive..
Honestly, I skipped over your CB's in favour of someone selling 6 for 65ppd (to Canada). Sorry! But, I have previously bought 6 brand new CB's size large for about the same price per diaper.

So far all the things I have bought off FSOT have been just as described, but I think I am coming to the end of buying now...I came in search of some XL FB's because they aren't that easy to find and ended up getting way more!
Old 02-05-2012, 04:01 PM   #33
Sarai*
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaute_marquee View Post
I know, right? I saw a Kawaii on FSOT for $12 or something a year or so ago with an obvious stain on it. She had it listed as EUC of course. I called her out and got a PM from a mod. I think stuff like that is completely dishonest and just icky. I get there are suckers out there, but it is so wrong to obviously take advantage of them like that. Between that and the woman who refused to give me her pp info after I asked three times and then got mad when I asked her why she sold it out from under me, I don't do FSOT anymore. I will shell out for new and resell them later.
You know what I find really odd? That even though, say someone will list a used Sunbaby that would be $5 new, for say $7, (or $8 Kawaii for $10-11) it almost always gets sold immediately! I guess people figure they don't have to wait for international shipping, or buy in bulk, it is worth it to them. I got all excited the other day when I found Kawaii at a consignment story, until I saw they were $12 (for an $8 diaper) with NO INSERTS.
Old 02-05-2012, 04:02 PM   #34
momtokimmilise
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

For those complaining about prices, do you make an offer? When I list, I ask for what I want, but I expect that mamas will offer what they want to pay. The hope is that we can meet somewhere in the middle and everyone is satisfied with the transaction. People will sell things for what you are willing to pay ... if you don't make an offer, you shouldn't really complain about the prices.
momtokimmilise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 04:03 PM   #35
BrieKastelein
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigwick View Post
Honestly, I skipped over your CB's in favour of someone selling 6 for 65ppd (to Canada). Sorry! But, I have previously bought 6 brand new CB's size large for about the same price per diaper.

So far all the things I have bought off FSOT have been just as described, but I think I am coming to the end of buying now...I came in search of some XL FB's because they aren't that easy to find and ended up getting way more!
I've seriously considered what you said and dropped my prices as well...Just want them to go to someone who will put them to use as my son doesnt fit them
BrieKastelein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 04:07 PM   #36
EmmaGM
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by momtokimmilise
For those complaining about prices, do you make an offer? When I list, I ask for what I want, but I expect that mamas will offer what they want to pay. The hope is that we can meet somewhere in the middle and everyone is satisfied with the transaction. People will sell things for what you are willing to pay ... if you don't make an offer, you shouldn't really complain about the prices.
Since my requests to buy diapers for the listed prices go ignored, I surely haven't bothered trying to make a lower offer. I just skip the ones I think are overpriced. Haggling is just one more hassle. Plus, I always see mamas here complaining about people trying to haggle with them. So yeah, I just skip.

Sent from my Galaxy SII Skyrocket using DS Forum
Old 02-05-2012, 04:09 PM   #37
Sarai*
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtokimmilise View Post
lol, I think there was a post in transaction/feedback complaining about lowballers!
Old 02-05-2012, 04:13 PM   #38
thejuel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've only been disappointed twice. Both times, there were stains described as "light EBF poop" but were NOT. They were diaper cream stains which is a pain in the butt to get out!

I think my EUC and others are very different. I don't describe diapers as EUC unless they are like new. I've gotten some "EUC" diapers that were only "GUC" at best.
Old 02-05-2012, 04:50 PM   #39
jennayoung99
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i still love shopping on FSOT, i can replace elastic or snaps so something needing some TLC isn't a problem for me. the only thing i've had happen was someone sent me some second without disclosing they were seconds, so i over paid a little for those. but all in all i still love buying used. sometimes i get tired of waiting to find a good deal on a print or color i'm looking forso i'll buy it new or on sale.
Old 02-05-2012, 04:58 PM   #40
jennayoung99
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

also it's worth it for me to buy even at new pricing on FSOT, a brand new BG 4.0 is $24 plus shipping in canada.