Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-05-2012, 05:04 PM   #41
cdeweese
Registered Users
Formerly: New cloth lover
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anyone else give up on used diapers???

I'm a little irritated with FSOT right now. Either getting people lowballing me to the point that my diapers might as well be FFS, or they are charging so much I should just buy used. Not to mention I bought diapers from a mama ($68) and she hasnt logged on since the 21st, UGH!!! So here we go with Paypal!

Advertisement

Old 02-05-2012, 06:55 PM   #42
Almacham
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I only buy new now. It just seems like what I'm looking for isn't on FSOT.
Almacham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 07:06 PM   #43
L J
Gazelle Intense
seller
seller

I only buy diapers new, and wool used.

I don't haggle. I am great at it with cars, furniture and electronics, but I'm not going to make offers on here unless I am buying more than one thing. Even then I just ask if they will make me a deal for buying multiples and let the seller name the price.

It's just not worth it, most of the time, to buy diapers used. I want the warranty if I am going to pay close to retail.

I'm looking for a medium Nikky rainbow cover right now. They sell for around $16, depending on coupon codes. I found a couple on here in Guc at best for $15ppd each. No thanks.
L J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 07:25 PM   #44
disbugsmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I've had really good luck buying here, almost my entire stash was bought off the FSOT. There have been a few who have ignored my PMs on items that I really wanted, but I guess they must not want my money that badly. I have haggled a bit with a few mamas, but usually ask only a few dollars less than they're asking, depending on how many I'm looking to get. I also only buy from listings with pictures (or have pics emailed), I need to see what I'm paying for.
Old 02-05-2012, 07:25 PM   #45
cjslater1
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

If I find a really good deal I am fine with buying used, and I like to sell my stuff too.
I more an leary of trading, I don't have the confidence that the items will be in similar condition as what I may have sent out so I don't usually trade.
Old 02-05-2012, 07:48 PM   #46
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller

I love shopping FSOT! Early on I did make a few purchases that I consider donations to the seller's family. But we prefer to buy all of our kids items used so i stalk fsot a lot. Overall I have bought quite a few things at excellent prices. These days I only buy like new items though.

---------------------------------
Meg, mama to Joey (2/2010)!
Old 02-05-2012, 08:04 PM   #47
Kabuki24
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I love buying and selling on here. The one thing that gets me is shipping. Here's an example. I pay $20 for a new diapers, I decide to don't like it, use it a couple times, no stains, in EUC, I post it for like 15, well, well, if I sell it, it's going to cost between $3 and $4 to ship one diaper with DC, so really, it's like someone gets a $20 diaper for $11... I think that's pretty reasonable.
Old 02-05-2012, 08:09 PM   #48
Kabuki24
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarai* View Post
You know what I find really odd? That even though, say someone will list a used Sunbaby that would be $5 new, for say $7, (or $8 Kawaii for $10-11) it almost always gets sold immediately! I guess people figure they don't have to wait for international shipping, or buy in bulk, it is worth it to them. I got all excited the other day when I found Kawaii at a consignment story, until I saw they were $12 (for an $8 diaper) with NO INSERTS.
I guess, more power to them. If someone is willing to pay that, well, yeah, more power to them. I recently bought some BG artist off of cotton babies just to resell on Ebay for more... I feel kind of bad about it, but well, why not....
Old 02-05-2012, 08:20 PM   #49
Sabra
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtokimmilise View Post
For those complaining about prices, do you make an offer? When I list, I ask for what I want, but I expect that mamas will offer what they want to pay. The hope is that we can meet somewhere in the middle and everyone is satisfied with the transaction. People will sell things for what you are willing to pay ... if you don't make an offer, you shouldn't really complain about the prices.
Let me think about this for a minute. Spend who knows how long trying to talk someone down in price, or spend no time to go elsewhere. Hmm...Yeah, not going to bother. I'm a firm believer in capitalism. If MamaX can get somebody to pay retail + $3 for her diapers, then more power to her. That person's not going to be me, though.
Sabra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 08:36 PM   #50
LaniMommy187
Registered Users

My Mood:

I both love and hate FSOT. All of the diapers I have bought have been in as good of shape as described or close enough that I didn't mind too much (the velcro was quite a bit more pilly than at the time of the pic for instance LOL) The part I hate is some of the prices. For instance right now I am hunting for babykicks prefolds (don't realy care what size LOL) or a bunch of there hemp inserts in a M or L. and it seem slike everyone wants the same price (sometimes MORE) as band new! This boggles my mind. I am just not willing to pay full retail for something that your kid has gone to the bathroom in LOL. I also have a problem getting people to respond to PM's wich is frustraiting but I know I can get the same diaper from someone else. I have no problem haggeling for a more resonable price. I don't low ball. But there is now way in this universe that I am going to do a deal like this (I actualy saw this last week) $25+ shipping for a diaper that I can buy brand new with free shipping for $27. That is NOT happening. I know that times are tough and sometimes we get diapers that just do not work out (for me that would be happy hiney's, and most of the fitted's I have tryed LOL) and we want to recoup as much of our money as possible. I get that I do. But some people I just don't feel are being realistic about the resail value (perfect condition or not) of a garment that your child has gone to the bathroom in. Ok I think that's it LOL for the most part I like FSOT it's just that some items it just doesn't seem worth it. But that's ok. I can ether go on to the next one, wait for the next one, or buy it new I love options LOL
LaniMommy187 is offline   Reply With Quote