Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-06-2012, 10:24 PM   #81
Kenner82
Registered Users
seller

Re: Anyone else give up on used diapers???

If I DO end up buying new diapers, I usually do it from a website that'll give me a free diaper with a certain purchase That way it makes the price per diaper seem less! Everyone wins!

Advertisement

Kenner82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 10:28 PM   #82
coffeemama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My biggest gripe is that it seems like everytime I NEED a certain diaper I cant seem to find it. FSOT is great for me when it comes to browsing just to look for something to buy but, if I need something it seems everyone else needs it too and there arent any left so often I just look quick and then find a retailer
Old 02-06-2012, 10:44 PM   #83
mallotalvo
Registered Users
seller

AMEN to the women who are finally calling stuff out. Really the prices over the past four months have gone way high. GMD prefold prices are eye-brow-raising on here. A few transactions have left me super mad, too, because the sellers weren't super honest. I'd rather go back to new and buy my stash at a slower rate. I dunno if anyone else has this problem but my hubby will not use a diaper that came from the swap if its stained or "smells".

amen to no pictures. LOL!!
mallotalvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 11:05 PM   #84
coffeemama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I sometimes dont get pics posted right away unless someone asks for them
Old 02-06-2012, 11:31 PM   #85
el's mama
Registered Users
seller
seller

I had my first negative FSOT exp recently. It was my fault because I didn't ask for pics. The price was good and they were described as soft and stain free. Yeah....they were stiff, so dingy I'm not even sure what their original color was and STAINED. I sent her pics and she called the yellow poop stain a "small smudge" and said it wasn't there when she sent them. I went back and forth with her a bit and made it clear that filing with PP would be my next step. Suddenly she was so kind and obliging. She paid for me to ship them back and refunded me.

My next purchase was a dozen brand new, fully prepped orange edge GMDs for $20 PPD. They are perfect. Deals like that make FSOT totally worth it to me.

I recently paid retail for brand new prepped diapers that are out of stock and nearly impossible to find. They go in a snap on FSOT for retail even if they're used. Once again, perfect! I'm lucky to have scored them.

I guess it's hit or miss, but you aren't stuck if you get a diaper that's not as described. I see posts about mamas getting diapers that were described as EUC and arrive in awful shape. The advice is almost always "Can you salvage them? Maybe with bleach?" What?! NO!! Either you get the diapers you paid for or you contact the seller and get it worked out. It's totally unfair for it to fall on the buyer to fix diapers that weren't accurately described. Maybe that's part of why I don't fear FSOT. I'm not dealing with fixing diapers. I only buy EUC without stains.
Old 02-06-2012, 11:37 PM   #86
Sabra
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mallotalvo View Post
AMEN to the women who are finally calling stuff out. Really the prices over the past four months have gone way high. GMD prefold prices are eye-brow-raising on here. A few transactions have left me super mad, too, because the sellers weren't super honest. I'd rather go back to new and buy my stash at a slower rate. I dunno if anyone else has this problem but my hubby will not use a diaper that came from the swap if its stained or "smells".

amen to no pictures. LOL!!
Yeah, I noticed that again tonight. Saw some GMD for nearly the same price as new & half were said to be stained. And other listings that are more than retail.
Sabra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 11:50 PM   #87
mallotalvo
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabra View Post
Yeah, I noticed that again tonight. Saw some GMD for nearly the same price as new & half were said to be stained. And other listings that are more than retail.
WHEW I'm glad i'm not the only one thinking "Whaaaaaat?"

lol, thought it was last of my pregnancy hormones kicking up
Old 02-06-2012, 11:52 PM   #88
el's mama
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'll pay $25 PPD for a dozen GMD prefolds in EUC without stains. What do you all consider too much? I'm curious.
Old 02-07-2012, 12:25 AM   #89
mallotalvo
Registered Users
seller

i'm jealous you found prefolds for as little as you did! ive seen slightly stained yellow edge go for $32ppd! I was quoted NIP and shipped for $33 so I was really surprised. then ive seen workhorses ("stained but in like new condition") go for more than what she's asking on her site...
after a week of trying to buy 2nd hand, i'm giving up the prefold/cover race.
Old 02-07-2012, 01:19 AM   #90
el's mama
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mallotalvo View Post
i'm jealous you found prefolds for as little as you did! ive seen slightly stained yellow edge go for $32ppd! I was quoted NIP and shipped for $33 so I was really surprised. then ive seen workhorses ("stained but in like new condition") go for more than what she's asking on her site...
after a week of trying to buy 2nd hand, i'm giving up the prefold/cover race.
Aw, I'm sorry. I know, it can be SO frustrating! Anything GMD gets snapped up in seconds! It's bizarre that people will pay over retail for used, stained diapers! I realize they're already prepped but I'd rather prep myself than over pay or deal with stains. Don't give up! You can always buy directly from
GMD. They have a flat shipping rate of $6.95. If you can buy all your prefolds at once it works out to a great deal because almost everywhere else charges actual shipping. I know a dozen prefolds from Nicki's is $11+ in shipping so I can only imagine what it costs to ship 2 dozen!