Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-05-2012, 08:40 PM   #1
Mamata3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
SO I sold my BOB stroller yesterday and was going to buy a Phil and ted because I need the 2 seats but I don't like double strollers. But I was thinking that I never really used my stroller that much anyway. When I did use it it was handy but I didn't use it often so I am thinking I should just save the money to buy other baby things I am going to need.

Who doesn't use a stroller? Do you just use carriers for everything? Has there been a time when you wish you had a stroller, when and what was the situation?

Advertisement

Last edited by Mamata3; 02-05-2012 at 08:44 PM.
Mamata3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 08:52 PM   #2
graces-mommie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Who doesnt use a stroller?

If we were only having one baby, I would have been slow to buy a stroller, but with two on the way I have been doing a LOT of stroller research. I'd love to be stroller free, but I can walk just about everywhere here, so having one just makes mush more sense.

graces-mommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 09:24 PM   #3
mabelinoad
Registered Users
Formerly: Mabelino
seller
seller

My Mood:

this will be baby #3 for us. we have a side by side jogging stroller, a quinny single stroller and had another single stroller. i've used the double once at a fair, the quinny several times(it folds up nice and small in the trunk) and have the older kiddo walk next to it. we babywear a lot, or at least did from ages a few months to 2 yearsish. So we often had one walking, or one in the baby carrier...or now at almost 3 and 4, both walk.

when our youngest was <2, we would use the stroller for farmers market, trips walking downtown or even on paved hiking trails.

i definitely would not go stroller-less...though...depending on ages. But we never found it necessary to have a double stroller, and hardly use the one we have. I've never regretted it and have no plans on getting a bigger/different stroller.

even now, i think i'd be ok if all we had was an umbrella stroller for the occassional use.
Old 02-05-2012, 09:34 PM   #4
SkyeBattest
Registered Users
seller

We will have both, mostly because of medical conditions for me.
Skye ~cloth diapering, babywearing, keeping our boy whole, organic loving, crunchy Momma to one cute little boy born 6/22/12 Hunter Wyatt ~ and currently TTC baby #2

ISO: Chelory AI2's

SkyeBattest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 10:01 PM   #5
msmamabear
Registered Users
seller

I don't. We have had the same stroller since my oldest was born and it has only been used sparingly over all these years. My son (who wasn't worn because I didn't know about the amazing world of wrapping) started walking at 8.5 months and since he was a bundle of energy it was better to make him walk everywhere and wear him out! My girls were both worn exclusively until maybe 18 months or so and then we would pull out the stroller for big excursions like Disneyland or going for a long walk. I am just not a stroller mom, I carry minimal things around and often just keep my wallet, phone and keys in my pocket and everything else in the car and wearing a baby keeps my hands free to grab my other kiddo's so its just the easiest for me.

I don't see anything changing this time around, in fact I am refreshing my wrap babywearing stash and just washed and ironed all my wraps this weekend and can't wait to wear a newbie again.
msmamabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 10:51 PM   #6
b bright
Registered Users
seller

We used a stroller constantly with our first. I mean everywhere we went we had it. Lol. With our twins, we used a stroller when they were young and couldn't walk or if we were going out on a day trip. We hardly ever use it now. It's a real nice baby jogger citi mini double too! I want to sell it because we hardly use it, but on the other hand, they aren't even 2 yet and if we go on a day trip I know we will need it. With the next one, if it's just one, I will probably just try to wear him/her but I will just use my double stroller if I need one. Lol. I'm not buying yet another one for sure!
Old 02-06-2012, 03:43 AM   #7
SashaE80
Registered Users

My Mood:

We don't use ours. It's still boxed up! We used a wrap/mei tai when ds was little but when he turned 1 he just walked everywhere. If it's a long walk say 2/3 hours he may need 20 mins or so on shoulders but otherwise he's pretty good.
I don't plan on using it for the next one. But someone has mentioned you're having twins, I couldn't imagine carrying 2 past 6 months or so! I'm tempted to say try without. You can always buy one easily enough if you need it.
SashaE80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 04:50 AM   #8
Mamata3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SashaE80
We don't use ours. It's still boxed up! We used a wrap/mei tai when ds was little but when he turned 1 he just walked everywhere. If it's a long walk say 2/3 hours he may need 20 mins or so on shoulders but otherwise he's pretty good.
I don't plan on using it for the next one. But someone has mentioned you're having twins, I couldn't imagine carrying 2 past 6 months or so! I'm tempted to say try without. You can always buy one easily enough if you need it.
I am not having twins (but I wish) the mama who posted that comment is only on in my belly.
Old 02-06-2012, 07:30 AM   #9
pharmmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I bought a Contours Tandem stroller because I was taking a flight to see my mom across country with both kids by myself when DS was about 4 months old. There was just no way I could have made it thru the airport with everything and both kids. It was a lifesaver. Other then that we haven't used it a ton though. Mostly for trips that involved a lot of walking like Disney World or the zoo. We have a BIG zoo. A friend bought the sit n' stand and they hate it. They claim it drives like a battleship and is just awful to push. Contour turns on a dime, is one of the lightest double strollers there is, fits in the back of my Prius (which is tiny), and has a ton of storage underneath. Oh, and it fits a Chicco carseat in the infant carrier base and not many will fit them.
Pharmacist, wife to a nerdy chemist, and proud mama to Leta (12/2006), Derek (4/2009) and Viola (7/2012). Now if only I could figure out a way to quit my job and still pay my student loans all would be well with the world.
pharmmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 09:11 AM   #10
rosenfried2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
We use ours a lot ( both chicco and umbrella )... got a double on Craigslist for walking to the park.. we wear ds too but my parents can't wear him and they watch him outdoors a lot (when I'm at prenatal appt and such)

Follow me at my blog:Rosenfried's Ramblings
rosenfried2 is offline   Reply With Quote