Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 02-09-2012, 09:14 AM   #21
Registered Users
Originally Posted by abhernandez
ddc. my nephew doesn't use a stroller. He's pushing two. His mama uses a mei tai (spelling?) but he's getting heavy heavy. I hurt my back carrying him and his mama has constant back pains. I think baby wearing is great for the little ones (and maybe light not so squirmy toddlers) but this kid is just to big for it... or maybe we're just too small for him.
Its possible that she needs something more supportive as the kids get older/heavier. There are lots of great options for toddlers as well but ime an scc is more supportive and fast so perfect for lots of up and downs that toddlers enjoy. But I do agree by around 2 for long outings a stroller is the way to go, I normally put a carrier in the basket since its likely my 4 year old will get tired at some point so I carry the 2 year old.

Melissa<- Mama to my 4 gifts from God-Mr. Z (10), Miss K (7), Miss A (5) and Miss R (2)
Knitting Patterns For Sale and Free Download
I sell Jamberry!!!! Order yours today
msmamabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 07:07 PM   #22
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Who doesnt use a stroller?

Originally Posted by msmamabear View Post
I found that it was even more of a necessity to wear the baby with an active toddler because mine tend to wander off and I have to chase them down, trying to push a stroller and wrangle a toddler is next to impossible! However I wear my babies on my back and I can do it easy peasy.
yep. we got rid of our stroller (which was a hand-me-down) when we moved. ds2 was 8mths. we haven't had one since. we love baby wearing. plus, my kids always screamed anyways so I was stuck pushing an empty stroller which seemed dumb. and, by wearing them, I can nurse them while I walk or teach the olders, or cook, clean, etc...
anne. attached mama to Isaak (6.2005) Joe (2.2007) Elijah (8.2009) and Norah (8.2012) wifey to J since 2002
*I knit and dye wool! MamaDuck Knits*
anabellee is offline   Reply With Quote