Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-09-2012, 01:17 PM   #161
GooseBella
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Weekly Chat: 2/6- 2/12

Ok I never had this with DD so this is all new but I have alot of pent up sexual frustration right now because of not wanting to DTD till we are safely in the 2nd trimester but at the same time really wanting to DTD. This is odd for me because I never want to DTD...ever. When we were TTCing we would schedule DTD during the week I was expected to O. So why is this affecting me this time and not last time. I had heard all about the increased hormones and women getting in the "mood" more often and thought it was all baloney. Now I understand.

Not to mention I am craving ice cream like there is no tomorrow and have no way to get any.

Advertisement

Old 02-09-2012, 02:52 PM   #162
zacifer
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GooseBella View Post
I can't bring myself to test again... I still have 2 clear blue digi tests and I keep looking at them. But I think I will save them. I just looked at my pregnancy tracker I printed out and we are 5 weeks today.. I can't wait for that 8 week mark. DH can't wait for the 12 week mark when he can tell anyone he wants. He had to tell his boss today because of all the days off he needs for my appts. He wasn't able to make it to most of the appts for DD but we only have 1 vehicle now and I think he really wants to go to them. It will be nice to have him there. Poor DD was very upset with my MW when she came to take blood. She stood next to her and cried the whole time she was doing it. She did not like it all. It made me cry that she was so upset.

TMI warning: I just had my first real BM since before I went into the hospital this weekend. I can't even begin to tell you how much better I feel and how nice it is not to be cramping so much and panicing everytime I cramp.
Ok, I'm so confused. I'm due 3 days after you, but my calendar says I'm only 4 weeks. Is that b/c I have such short cycles? The first day of my last period was Jan 12th, and I missed AF on Feb 4th. I found out I was preg on Feb 2nd. So I've known for a week now, but am only 4 weeks along. This 1st tri is going to last forever! But I just don't get pregnancy math at times. Maybe I'm doing it wrong.

So many m/cs in here already. Makes me so sad! Makes me so nervous too. I still can't stop worrying. You know when you want to get preg, you feel like you see preg women everywhere, or hear announcements all the time? Well, now that I'm preg, I feel like I hear of m/cs all the time or see articles about them all over the place. ugh!
zacifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 03:00 PM   #163
abhernandez
Registered Users

Jenny... Thats bc you've got shortie cycles. I dont think the regular calculation is gonna be accurate for you. Do you know when you normally o?

Elise... I made dh order a kilo of lemon sorbet. I couldnt survive without it!

Last edited by abhernandez; 02-09-2012 at 03:02 PM.
abhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 03:12 PM   #164
zacifer
Registered Users

My Mood:

ALice, no, I don't know when I O. I don't chart. Really, it doesn't matter. I say I'm due the 14th, they're going to say the 18th, and really, what difference does it make. Time is just dragging I guess. I want to be further along and feel more in the clear so badly.

Just caught up with the ATTS stuff. Makes me sad.

I've felt fine today, which is kind of a bummer. No little preg signs. But hey, I'm only 4 weeks.
zacifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 03:24 PM   #165
GooseBella
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacifer View Post
Ok, I'm so confused. I'm due 3 days after you, but my calendar says I'm only 4 weeks. Is that b/c I have such short cycles? The first day of my last period was Jan 12th, and I missed AF on Feb 4th. I found out I was preg on Feb 2nd. So I've known for a week now, but am only 4 weeks along. This 1st tri is going to last forever! But I just don't get pregnancy math at times. Maybe I'm doing it wrong.

So many m/cs in here already. Makes me so sad! Makes me so nervous too. I still can't stop worrying. You know when you want to get preg, you feel like you see preg women everywhere, or hear announcements all the time? Well, now that I'm preg, I feel like I hear of m/cs all the time or see articles about them all over the place. ugh!
My calculations are based on a conception date as we know exactly when we concieved. My cycles are 33 days so I don't know if that makes a difference. I'm not all that sure about my due date either but based on my HCG levels its looking right. Based on my cycle it would be completely different. I'd be considered even further along. Based on my last cycle my due date would be October 8th. I have an ultrasound in 2 weeks for dating because my MW wanted it to be accurate. My babies always measure small though so we'll see.
Old 02-09-2012, 03:37 PM   #166
ambie719
Registered Users
seller
seller

Yay!!! The hospital just called and my u/s is scheduled for Monday! So excited! It's at 12:30 though and DH has to work until around 1:30, but hopefully he can get off a little early, otherwise I may have to call scheduling tomorrow and see if they can push it to later in the afternoon. And Monday I will be 7 weeks exactly so if theres a heartbeat we should definitely be able to see it by then.
Old 02-09-2012, 03:44 PM   #167
sheenashine
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhernandez View Post
Whatever Sheena. And you were an ATTSer in spirit.
:P Haha, very true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GooseBella View Post
Ok I never had this with DD so this is all new but I have alot of pent up sexual frustration right now because of not wanting to DTD till we are safely in the 2nd trimester but at the same time really wanting to DTD. This is odd for me because I never want to DTD...ever. When we were TTCing we would schedule DTD during the week I was expected to O. So why is this affecting me this time and not last time. I had heard all about the increased hormones and women getting in the "mood" more often and thought it was all baloney. Now I understand.

Not to mention I am craving ice cream like there is no tomorrow and have no way to get any.
Mama, I say go for it!! There are very few pleasant side effects to pregnancy, but sex is definitely one of them! Enjoy! Ice cream after is like my very favorite thing... TMI?
Lol. But seriously, DTD is not harmful- unless you have problems with an overactive uterus or are at high risk for preterm labor. Try to just relax and enjoy being pregnant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambie719 View Post
Yay!!! The hospital just called and my u/s is scheduled for Monday! So excited! It's at 12:30 though and DH has to work until around 1:30, but hopefully he can get off a little early, otherwise I may have to call scheduling tomorrow and see if they can push it to later in the afternoon. And Monday I will be 7 weeks exactly so if theres a heartbeat we should definitely be able to see it by then.
Yey! Don't forget to post pics!! That's rule #3 to this forum- all US pics MUST be shared.
Old 02-09-2012, 03:46 PM   #168
ambie719
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacifer View Post
Jenny, based on the EDD you put in the EDD thread (Oct 14) you're 4w4d, but based on your lmp the generic calculators give you an edd of Oct 18, which puts you at 4w exactly today, so I'm not really sure where the difference came from???
Old 02-09-2012, 05:20 PM   #169
abhernandez
Registered Users

Fml. Jenny. Im pissed. Facebook did the same thing to me. i asked a question on the gmd fb page and it was visible on my profile. Really???? Reallly!???!?!
Old 02-09-2012, 07:44 PM   #170
Deanie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

So, DH took the laptop to work today, which he does on occasion, but I hate it so I am just now able to obsess about this little bean w/ you ladies.

About FB, I swear it is like Big Brother. I just act as if WHATEVER I do on there is going to be announced to the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra76 View Post
ok so just need to share with someone who gets it The test lines are darker than the control lines I told dh and he was like "well we already know your pregnant"
My DH would wonder why I didn't keep the test for the next time we TTC. He is rather frugal (um... cheap).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambie719 View Post
Yay!!!!