Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-11-2012, 12:18 PM   #241
Sunshine915
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Weekly Chat: 2/6- 2/12

to you too, Alice, and all the other mamas that are having rough moments.

Advertisement

Sunshine915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 12:36 PM   #242
ambie719
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacifer View Post
Ok ladies, I don't mean to be all drama, but i'm having a really hard time accepting this preg. I wanted it so bad, and I love the thought of it....don't get me wrong. I'm SOOOO thankful! But the problem is I just can't get past seeing it as a thought and not real. I just keep expecting it will end. I'm trying my hardest to accept that it will last, but having had 2 losses since the Summer, that's hard to wrap my head around. I know I'm probably sounding crazy. I just think I have way too many gaurds up and I"m driving myself insane not being able to connect with the preg and everything b/c I'm so fearful. I SO SO SO want this, and I know if I "connect" it won't make a m/c harder. In fact, not connecting will prob make a m/c harder, so I really want to get over it, but I just don't know how to! Seriously, I'm going nuts! I'm trying really hard.....nothing just seems to work. I sure hope you guys don't think I'm crazy.
Sorry you're having such a hard time Jenny, I know exactly how you feel though. I always feel bad because I never connect with my pgs until like halfway through, which makes me feel guilty but I just can't help it. With DS2 I was 16 weeks before I actually got it into my head that I was in fact pg and I was going to have a baby at the end of it. Hopefully we'll all reach a point where we relax a little bit.
Old 02-11-2012, 01:14 PM   #243
Deanie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine915 View Post
Jenny, I feel so bad that you're getting so stressed out. You've definitely been through a lot, and having a hard time dealing with this right now is okay. You can't make yourself feel different, so don't try to force it right now. Just do your best to stay positive, but if you're in a crummy mood, it's okay to embrace that, too. You're only a month along, with barely any symptoms, so it is completely understandable to not be completely "connecting" with the pregnancy yet. The first weeks and months are so weird--you know you're pregnant, but there's no belly, no kicking. It's hard to feel real. Plus, many (if not most/all) of us are dealing with serious (and normal) fears of m/c. It's scary to commit when you know it might not work out perfectly. But this is why we're all here: to help each other out when the hormones and nerves get to be too much.
I couldn't have said it better myself. Just try to take it a day at a time, or an hour at a time. I know that sounds like lame advice, but sometimes you need to break your challenges into chunks to be able to overcome them. So honestly, give yourself a break and don't be hard on yourself.
Old 02-11-2012, 01:18 PM   #244
Deanie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh and Jenny, I don't have major symptoms. I don't have to pee and I'm not feeling RLS, no true morning sickness and only occasional exhaustion. So don't let that worry you!!

And Alice, w/ my first, I only had slightly tender boobs and I felt kinda tired. That was IT for quite a while. So please don't let it worry you.
Old 02-11-2012, 07:23 PM   #245
GracieMak'sMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

to everyone.

Jenny- I am always disconnected to/with my pregnancies. I try to connect but my pessimism(sp) stops me. I'm always thinking of the negative "what-ifs" The risks of me being high-risk keep me from fully enjoying my pregnancies. All that to say i feel you and im praying we all make it through with beautiful newbies in Oct. <3
Old 02-12-2012, 12:07 AM   #246
zacifer
Registered Users

My Mood:

zzzzzzzzzzz........seems quiet in here tonight. All you ladies ok?
Thanks for your pick me ups ladies. It really did help. It also helped that I had a few slight symptoms this evening.
We got our new homeschool curriculum tonight and I'm really excited about it. It will be our THIRD curriculum this year! I REALLY hope we find our homeschooling "nitch" with this curriculum. I'm going to spend the next week learning the system, and then we'll dive in. Looking forward to that.
My DH works out of town 4 days a week right now. Though the first part of the week was rough after his surgery, it sure was nice having him here. He goes back tomorrow so that's a bummer. Once we got his pain managable, we had a very relaxing, do nothing type of family week. It was nice.
zacifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 11:21 AM   #247
sheenashine
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Good morning ladies,

We all must be busy this weekend- it's super quiet in here!
I went out to dinner with the fam last night. Buffalo wild wings, it was pretty gross but I was starving so I ate it anyways... then I was up sick at 2am I didn't actually get physically ill, but I felt AWEFUL and then, of course, I was panicking that I'd given myself food poisoning and potentially harmed my bean. Sigh.

Is it the second trimester yet?

I hope everyone is having a beautiful Sunday <3
Old 02-12-2012, 11:24 AM   #248
Deanie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Jenny, what curriculums have you used/are you using? I'm researching classical education and Charlotte Mason. I'm probably going to do a blend of the two. Until I got pregnant and got obsessed w/ all things baby, I was on a hs research kick. I'm glad dd is only 2; there is SOOOO much to choose from.

OK, so today I am TIRED. Going to church and the grocery store wiped me out. I'm going to lounge on the couch until I have to make dinner.
Old 02-12-2012, 11:41 AM   #249
zacifer
Registered Users

My Mood:

Eileen, we tried My Father's World twice (K and 1st). I wanted to love that curriculum b/c its Christian based and cheap. But I did NOT like it. Too much paperwork for my son who does not respond well to classical education. I love charlotte mason and LOVE waldorf, so last year at this time, we ditched My Father's World and I unschooled using charlotte mason and waldorf - ish type stuff, as that's where my head just naturally goes. Unschooling sounds great and idealistic (to me anyways) but I was always stressed about teaching them enough and I felt like I could just never call it quits.....like we could never say, "we're done with school today." For a new homeschooler, unschooling was stressful b/c I had no accountability. No acountability in the form of a checklist/plan to know we are on track, and no accountability b/c I know no one IRL that unschools. Heck, I know few who homeschool. At the beginning of this year, we tried Abeka. That lasted maybe two days. In my oppinion, it was kinda hard core and ONLY paperwork. My DH was homeschooled with Abeka and said the way I unschooled was way more fun than how he was schooled with Abeka. He said all he did was sit down, complete the assigned # of pages for the day, and then that was it. He went book by book like that for a few hours, then was done and could go play. THat is exactly what we DON'T want. I want my kids to have a hunger to learn, enjoy learning, and have wonderful tools to help them do this. I'm also huge on literature and the thought that reading is the foundation for all learning. So now we've switched to Sonlight. We've basically wanted to do it since Logan was in preschool but could never justify the price. But we finally got so desparate that we just did it. Now, having it here, I can see why its the price it is, and I can see that its worth it. Now, I'm just hoping it works for the kids and their learning styles. Its a literature based program, and Christian. I like how they teach the Bible. Some Christian based programs seem to be focused so much on JUST the Bible, that it seems like tunnel vision on it, but doesn't seem to teach the kids how His word affects us and the world....if that makes sense. Doesn't teach them how the Bible is applicable. I like how Sonlight seems (from my research) to teach about the Bible but also about so many cultures around the world and basically teaches the kids about all God's people, their customs, etc. Great view on missions, etc. It seems to show the kids how to apply what they learn in the Bible into their lives and how to view the world based on that. If that makes sense....I feel like I'm rambling. All that, of course, I've only gathered from research. So I can't wait to see if all that is really true. I'll let you know how it goes if you're interested.
Sorry this is so long.
zacifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 05:12 PM   #250
GooseBella
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

So quiet today. I hope everyone had a great weekend. I didn't start my day off right and almost paid for. *Note to self: eat breakfast or you will puke. Once I got some food I was fine. So tired today though. It feels like I didn't sleep at all last night but I slept really well. I should have taken a nap today but I didn't.

DH came home from work with an early V-day present. He bought me the movie, The Help. I just finished the book a couple weeks ago and both book and movie were so good. We of course watched the movie tonight. What are everybody's plans for Valentines Day? Anything special? I think I am going to make my DH spaghetti... I never make it because I don't like it but he does so I think that will be my gift.