Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-12-2012, 05:16 PM   #251
Caroline11009
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Weekly Chat: 2/6- 2/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhernandez View Post
I think last week woulda been too early for an u/s. I'll call monday but I have to see an ob first for the script and then make the u/s appt. I bet the earliest I can get in for an u/s will be next next week... 9+ days from now and about 7.5 weeks. I just want to make it to Monday. I hate the weekends right now. I feel so helpless on the weekends. I don't even have a number to call if something is up. It worries me.
hang in there Alice! I know it's nerve wracking. I hope this weekend and subsequent weekends pass quickly.

Advertisement

Expecting #1 10/10/12
Caroline11009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 05:17 PM   #252
ambie719
Registered Users
seller
seller

We have no V-Day plans at all. DH doesn't get paid until the day after so we can't order in even if we want to lol.
Old 02-12-2012, 05:19 PM   #253
Caroline11009
Registered Users

My Mood:

I hope everyone is having a good weekend! My weekend has consisted with a lot of relaxing and some cleaning.
Expecting #1 10/10/12
Old 02-12-2012, 05:20 PM   #254
Caroline11009
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambie719 View Post
We have no V-Day plans at all. DH doesn't get paid until the day after so we can't order in even if we want to lol.
Maybe make a dinner at home? I know it's not as fun.

Hubby and I will probably get take out or cook at home. It's always too crowded and with his leg in an immobilizer it's tricky getting around. Although I have my first drs. appt Tuesday evening!
Expecting #1 10/10/12
Old 02-12-2012, 06:46 PM   #255
zaeaton
Registered Users
seller

We always do dinner at home for V-day and I cook an all red meal. My son loves it! Basically its a quinoa stir-fry colored with shaved beets. But, you can turn anything red with grated beets! So fun!
Old 02-12-2012, 07:05 PM   #256
ambie719
Registered Users
seller
seller

We'll probably cook something, but I'm not a cook at all (especially now since the thought of most food makes my stomach turn) and DH is a chef so he doesn't particularly love cooking at work all day and then coming home and cooking for all of us.
Old 02-12-2012, 07:29 PM   #257
alaskamum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

No big plans for V day here. Since dh got out of the Army he doesn't get reminded anymore about these sort of things but that is okay with me. He makes every day special.
Plus between Christmas and the March craziness (12th is dh's birthday and our anniversary, 13th is my birthday, and 14th is ds's birthday, plus my mom and brother's birthdays are all within a week of mine) we need to lay low for February.
Another reason I'm excited for a fall baby...no competition for birthdays there.
and M
alaskamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 07:29 PM   #258
boekesec
Registered Users
Formerly E***n
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deanie View Post
Jenny, what curriculums have you used/are you using? I'm researching classical education and Charlotte Mason. I'm probably going to do a blend of the two. Until I got pregnant and got obsessed w/ all things baby, I was on a hs research kick. I'm glad dd is only 2; there is SOOOO much to choose from.
Have you (or Jenny, if you're interested) ever heard of/thought of trying Classical Conversations? My SIL does it and it is SO cool. It's incredible how much her kids are learning and how much they LOVE it. It's a classical education from Christian perspective. And Jenny, my other SIL does Sonlite (I forgot if that's how it's spelled) but she loves it and says it is awesome too - definitely heard lots of good things about it. I hear lots about homeschool because of my two SIL's who do it and a couple other people I know We probably won't because DH really wants the kids to go to school, but I do like to hear about other people's experiences

No interesting pregnancy things happening for me - other than that we told our families yesterday! I hate being the center of attention, so I was a little anxious about it, and I'm happy it's over now. Nobody is quite as surprised about your second baby, though, we did notice that! They were all like "yeah, we were wondering when you were going to tell us you were pg again!" hmmm. Anyway, it's nice to have some other people know - makes it feel a little more real. I have a nasty sore throat right now...it's so cold and dry here that I feel like I'm just shriveling up. Drinking lots of decaf tea and honey!
Old 02-12-2012, 08:26 PM   #259
Deanie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
Have you (or Jenny, if you're interested) ever heard of/thought of trying Classical Conversations? My SIL does it and it is SO cool. It's incredible how much her kids are learning and how much they LOVE it. It's a classical education from Christian perspective. And Jenny, my other SIL does Sonlite (I forgot if that's how it's spelled) but she loves it and says it is awesome too - definitely heard lots of good things about it. I hear lots about homeschool because of my two SIL's who do it and a couple other people I know We probably won't because DH really wants the kids to go to school, but I do like to hear about other people's experiences

No interesting pregnancy things happening for me - other than that we told our families yesterday! I hate being the center of attention, so I was a little anxious about it, and I'm happy it's over now. Nobody is quite as surprised about your second baby, though, we did notice that! They were all like "yeah, we were wondering when you were going to tell us you were pg again!" hmmm. Anyway, it's nice to have some other people know - makes it feel a little more real. I have a nasty sore throat right now...it's so cold and dry here that I feel like I'm just shriveling up. Drinking lots of decaf tea and honey!
Sorry they weren't more excited, but that does sound kinda funny.

I've heard of Classical Conversations and there is one about 1/2 hour from where I live. I want to check it out when DD is kindergarten age, but I don't like the idea of giving up a whole day for someone else's curriculum. It just seems like it would be hard to make coordinate what they do w/ what I do as far as scheduling goes. I do like a lot about what I see on their website though. I am definitely going to check it out. I think it's awesome that there even is such a group!

Jenny, I know exactly what you mean about the tunnel vision and Bible teaching. That's why I tend to steer clear of Christian based curriculum, and it's kind of a bummer, b/c I WANT a Christian based education for my kids. But I totally agree w/ you about teaching them how to relate the Bible w/ the world around them. The tunnel vision also goes for Catholic curricula I've been looking at. For instance, in one first grade program, there was "ABCs for Young Catholics", "Counting for Young Catholics", and a rosary coloring book. Now I don't necessarily think those are bad ideas, and they may be something I'd like, I just find myself thinking "For Pete's sake, I want to educate my children, not brainwash them!" I think your life should be your religion, not your religion be your life, does that make any sense ? I'm probably going to create my own curriculum based on my favorite aspects of various book lists and other curricula and then do a lot of interest-lead learning so DD can follow her passions as much as she wants. It's always fun to see what other mamas do. I'll have to check out Sonlight. I've heard almost all positives about it... in fact, I don't specifically remember anything bad being said about it.
Old 02-12-2012, 08:27 PM   #260
Deanie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh, and Eileen, I love it that you have your FF chart still in your siggy! I noticed it today and just HAD to peak. It's so nice to see confirmation of something that seems so surreal right now. Makes me wish 1) that I had more pregnancy tests and 2) that I had taken my temp for more than just 2 days! lol