Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-06-2012, 07:36 PM   #31
kymdenise
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Weekly Chat: 2/6- 2/12

Oh Jenny! Perfect!

Advertisement

Cautiously expecting number 5 in October
kymdenise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 08:23 PM   #32
apo_katie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheenashine
Alice, home made Mac and cheese is the best! I have a really good recipe that is actually semi-healthy. I'll PM you later if you want.
The thought of it makes stomach turn. I wish I was craving something, instead NOTHING sounds good. I'm not sick, per se, but anything that smells makes my stomach turn

Jenny, that is a beautiful beautiful test!!!
Glad your DH is feeling better and you got some time with your girl.
Don't even get me started with cravings..... Last week I HAD to have fried chicken with, wait for it, maple syrup. Yeah, weird I know. And I have been craving artichokes. And I wanted a pickle with chocolate syrup, but we didn't have chocolate syrup, so probably a good thing. I think my husband would have drawn the line at the pickles and chocolate. The only thing that I craved when pregnant with my daughter was Mexican. Lots and lots and lots of Mexican. I had to have it twice a week and it had to be spicy.

Semi-crunchy, vax-ing, organic-eating with a corn intolerance, home-brewing, , ,
apo_katie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 08:50 PM   #33
sheenashine
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by apo_katie View Post
Don't even get me started with cravings..... Last week I HAD to have fried chicken with, wait for it, maple syrup. Yeah, weird I know. And I have been craving artichokes. And I wanted a pickle with chocolate syrup, but we didn't have chocolate syrup, so probably a good thing. I think my husband would have drawn the line at the pickles and chocolate. The only thing that I craved when pregnant with my daughter was Mexican. Lots and lots and lots of Mexican. I had to have it twice a week and it had to be spicy.
Wow mama. I've been pregnant 6 (now 7) times and never had cravings that crazy.
Old 02-06-2012, 09:04 PM   #34
zacifer
Registered Users

My Mood:

Those are some crazy cravings Mama! But I could TOTALLY go for some artichokes!!!! I've been wanting them for a while now. When they come back into season, we can get them pretty cheap here and I plan to buy LOTS!
zacifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 09:16 PM   #35
zacifer
Registered Users

My Mood:

Oh, and I forgot to add, I made my first appt today. March 14th. I'll be 9 weeks then I think. My mw wanted me to come in at 7 weeks since I have a history now of losses, but when I called, the front desk lady said they usually didn't do that and asked if I wanted to wait so she could ask the midwife for clarification. I decided against that. I lost my last one at 7 weeks and I'd hate to go in, the week of my birthday non the less, and have them find on the u/s that there's no hb. If it happens, it happens, but it can just be in quiet at home. If I make it past that 7th week, then I'll be ready for the u/s at 9 weeks, and a bit more hopeful. Plus, by then, dates off or not, there SHOULD be a heartbeat.
zacifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 04:04 AM   #36
abhernandez
Registered Users

Im firmly in the cravings camp. Im dying for mexican food... And the homemade mac and cheese was good but i want me some artificial kraft. This sucks. All my cravings are comfort foods from when i was growing up in the us. And i cant get any of them. I foresee me ordering chicken mcnuggets in the near future ( they do home deliveries here.... Dangerous, very dangerous) but I havent quite reached that stage yet.

Im a little on the low weight side right now and I think my body is freaking out about that so it wants me to eat like a little kid. I hope i dont over do it and gain 80lbs or something. Hahaha
Old 02-07-2012, 04:25 AM   #37
clatchford2011
Registered Users
seller

hey thought i would pop in and catch up! I am FINALLY home... It has been a very rough 2 weeks. I went to my parent's house for my grandfather's funeral and since Christmas my whole family is asking me how far I am because I look heavier than I did in December? *sigh* I have started to rock the maternity clothes already because nothing is buttoning or fitting my hips correctly, my shirts, well, forget it my belly is very poochy lately.

Oddly enough I am only very tired and have very very mild nausea once in a while. My boobs aren't very sore and I don't really feel that pregnant at all. Symptoms come and go but I am kind of bracing myself because I am only 5 weeks so i guess in the next 3 it may pick up. That is if I am actually awake enough to feel it coming LOL! So far nothing has gotten me sick, NOTHING. I get scared sometimes though because of how unpregnant I feel.

I have been pulling muscles in my stomach like crazy for some reason?? omg it hurts! Takes my breath away sometimes! I am blaming the previous c section for that. The one thing that REALLY stands out is the craving for chicken. I just want chicken all the time! HAHA!

I am canceling my doctor appointment because they want me to go 45-1 hour away and I don't have the gas or the money for that to sit for 3 hours in a parenting class before I go to my prenatal appointment. I don't need a class about that because I have been though it before and I have a 3 year old. Thanks but no thanks I am getting a referral to a birthing center. They deal with VBAC's and I want to go check them out with DH and an OB to do the comparison. I REALLY want the birth center because they offer all kinds of natural birthing classes and breastfeeding classes, though I am a BFing vet here I think I got it down, just want something to do.

How are you ladies doing?

Catie : Married to my Soldier and bestfriend for 4 awesome years,
Mommy to my little sunshine Isabel Born 12/30/2008
and my little rainbow Jacob Born 11/15/2012
clatchford2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 06:47 AM   #38
kymdenise
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Today I have that full feeling in my uterus.. I'm tired, can't sleep, and kinda sicky feeling, which is all FINE. Having that fluffy feeling in my lower abdomen is a total bonus

Alice, can we send you some Mac and cheese? Lol! We totally would!

Catie, I hope the birth center is a good fit for you. I'm sorry that it can't be a smoother process. Enjoy NOT being sick! And as for the maternity clothes, ain't nothin wrong with the stretchy pants! lol!!

Jenny, I'd want to wait too.. I hate when they do the doppler at like, 9 weeks, and then act all nervous when they can't find a HB.. Then you have to have the internal ultrasound (I refer to the 'wand' as 'the intimidator') and all the worries are usually unfounded.

This is the bummer about being an ATTS grad.. we know SO early, that all the waiting makes us crazy!
Cautiously expecting number 5 in October
kymdenise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 07:22 AM   #39
GooseBella
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Alice: Maccaroni and cheese sounds really good. I'm totally with you on the Kraft thing, there is just something about it.

Katie: those ore some interesting cravings. The only thing I ever craved was buffalo sauce. Mostly I wanted it on chicken but I was picky and I would put it on just about anything.

Jenny: I'm right there with you about the doppler. With DD I didn't know how far along I was and they tried to do the doppler and couldn't find a heart beat. They sent me for an U/S and they wrote on in Urgent: Viable Pregnancy? If that doesn't freak you out I don't know what will. Thankfully, they found our little peanut and she was prefectly fine at 7 weeks along.

Catie: I'm glad you're home and sorry for you losses. My body is obviously feeling pregnant but I don't feel pregnant. It could be I'm not really that far along yet but I would really love some more confirmation aside from the naseau and vommiting.

Kym: I hate the waiting... I just want to be 3-4 months along already and definately feeling pregnant. I'm not a very patient person.

AFM: My whole family slept in this morning and I am currently the only one awake. I'm not sure how I feel about this. DD never sleeps this late, I hope this doesn't mean she is getting sick. I'm feeling ok this morning. Was better when I was laying down, the moment I stood up out of bed I started feeling naseaus. Now that I am caught up I am going to find something to eat and take up residence on the couch. I find that if my stomach has something in it every few hours I do ok. I can't stuff myself, just basically snack throughout the day. Its when I get to hungry that I can't keep myself from vommiting. Only 1 more day until we find out some answers. So looking foward to tomorrow even though we won't be able to hear the HB. I settle for answers right now.
GooseBella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 07:44 AM   #40
abhernandez
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by kymdenise View Post
Today I have that full feeling in my uterus.. I'm tired, can't sleep, and kinda sicky feeling, which is all FINE. Having that fluffy feeling in my lower abdomen is a total bonus

Alice, can we send you some Mac and cheese? Lol! We totally would!

This is the bummer about being an ATTS grad.. we know SO early, that all the waiting makes us crazy!
I've got that full feeling an I LOVE it. And I have a friend coming from the US to stay with us for three month (and learn Spanish) and I'm going to demand that she bring me like 30 boxes of mac and cheese.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GooseBella View Post
Alice: Maccaroni and cheese sounds really good. I'm totally with you on the Kraft thing, there is just something about it.
It probably has some additive like in cigarettes that makes it all the more addictive.

And ELISE (I remembered your name even though it's not in your siggie... I think I deserve bonus points...) ... Are you having an u/s tomorrow as well?

Sheena... I'd love to get your recipe to try! I have 4 weeks to survive sans my precious artificial likely cancer causing mac and cheese.

And last....random question... what do you guys think of having dopplers at home? A friend who is in the August DDC here has one and I waaaant. But is it ridiculous? Or unsafe? Or anything I should know about?

Last edited by abhernandez; 02-07-2012 at 08:00 AM.
abhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote