Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-21-2007, 08:40 PM   #1
tsk_mum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Britax question

My DH doesnt want to get the Marathon b/c it doesnt have the head/body support like the Boulevard & Decathlon.
Our DD is 9 months old & he thinks that is necessary for her comfort especially when sleeping. What do you think??
Why is it so hard to decide which one to get?!?!

Advertisement

Old 04-21-2007, 09:23 PM   #2
singlemomto3
Registered Users
seller

Re: Britax question

get the expensive one, if you can afford it.
singlemomto3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 09:23 PM   #3
OwensMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Im fairly certain it says in the manual for the BV/DC that you MUST remove the infant padding (back padding) when the child can sit upright unassisted so its not going to do much if anything if your DC is 9 months old.

The only benefit to the BV would be the head wings which are not just for support but are true side impact protection.

I would personally narrow your search to either the MA or the BV (NOT the DC). Then really all its up to is whether or not you think the side wings are important enough for the extra cost involved.
OwensMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 09:26 PM   #4
ceilismom
Registered Users
seller

I have a Marathon for DD, and she's been in it since she was big enough to use it. Really, the seat sits at enough of a reclining position that she looks pretty darned comfortable to me. At least, she falls asleep in it every time we go anywhere.
Old 04-21-2007, 09:32 PM   #5
LadonnaKen
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We use the Boulevards--I was one unfortunate mama to test the SIP feature when we had a bad accident one year ago today, actually. This was when Britax had the Wizard (now the Boulevard). Our car was t-boned at over 60 mph--the bar between the passenger side doors was pushed into the middle of our car (just missing my then just-turned-two year old). I don't know if that SIP is what kept his neck from being affected, but he literally walked away from the accident with scratches on his feet from the accident.

Not everyone would experience something like that, but I'm glad we had the SIP when we needed it
LadonnaKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 11:03 PM   #6
sahminaz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Since you can recline them all, you really won't have comfort issues. My dds have been in their marathons since birth and their heads never bobbled at all. They still sleep comfortably in them. If anything i would go with the boulevard or marathon..def not the decathalon. My ds is about to get a marathon as well.
Old 04-21-2007, 11:55 PM   #7
moonphishers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

we just moved DS (10 mo at the time) to the MA - and love it. He is definitely more comfy!
Old 04-22-2007, 01:53 AM   #8
elusion
Banned
seller

My Mood:

We have the boulevard.. and my son loves it! I do too, for more reasons than my husband thinks. I read a LOT of reviews on several boards (and elitecarseats.com) before I decided on it, and Im so glad I did.

I have to buy another carseat for my MILs car in the next month, and as much as I want to get another blvd.. I cant justify that for a seat he rides in once a week, tops for 5 miles.. that she's going to be using for my niece too.. so Ill have to do some hard core convincing of my SIL to go halfsies on it with me or something, otherwise we'll be getting a lower end britax for her car.
elusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 02:02 AM   #9
Dawnn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My kids sit in a Boulevard and a Parkway...both with the side impact protection. Payton (6 yo) has another Britax booster that does not have side impact and he hates it because his neck gets sore if he falls asleep in the car. When we were shopping for a new carseat for Kirsten he told us she had to have it so her neck wouldn't get sore when she fell asleep too. Haven't regretted it for a minute. Plus I love that the Boulevard is adjustable on the sides, I never have to take it out to reroute the 5 point restraints.
Old 04-22-2007, 02:37 AM   #10
Mom2MaggieSue
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We have the BLVD and we LOVE it. DD is 6 1/2 months old and she finds the wings very comfy to sleep against. I feel like she is so safe when she's in it. I don't regret a single penny spent. When we have enough $$ we're going to get another one for DH's car.