Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-08-2012, 01:31 PM   #21
abhernandez
Registered Users

Jenny... They do have elastic. I think more than pockets, i want to do pfs and covers. I think pocket stuffing would drive me batty.

Advertisement

Old 02-08-2012, 02:03 PM   #22
boekesec
Registered Users
Formerly E***n
seller

Re: Our First Diaper Chat!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhernandez View Post
Jenny... They do have elastic. I think more than pockets, i want to do pfs and covers. I think pocket stuffing would drive me batty.
I never understood why everyone said they hated stuffing pockets...until I did it for a year straight. It's not so bad at first, but you get worn out doing it every other day for so long!! I like having some pockets around because they are nice for going out in public, etc. (not so many steps is nice when changing in a public place) but prefolds and covers are just so simple. you don't even have to fold them!!
Old 02-08-2012, 02:22 PM   #23
zacifer
Registered Users

My Mood:

Eileen, I had a system down so that i was only doing diaper laundry once a week, so, only stuffing once a week. And i guess it was just something I didn't mind. I could go that long b/c we have such a big stash left over from having two in dipes at once for a time. When I had two in dipes, I'd do laundry more often of course. I have not had a little one in dipes since Oct!!!!!! This is the first time I've had a diaper free house in 6 1/2 years! Strange. And once this LO gets here, it will have been a full year having had a diapered one in the house. I thought I'd feel free, but honestly, I miss it.

Amber, does that mean you'll possibly have 3 LOs in diapers when this one comes!!?? You'd need a huge stash!
zacifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 02:23 PM   #24
Elijah'sMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhernandez View Post
yeah actually pockets were the one style i swore i would never try, too expensive/ time consuming/ too synthetic...now i am planning an entirely OS pocket stash for this newb LOL. stuffed with flats though, so no nasty microfiber
I love the stay dry inner, easy on, easy to get thoroughly clean, trim fit. Once DS started rolling i hated trying to wrestle him down to pin or snappi a prefold on, just my though
Elijah'sMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 03:02 PM   #25
abhernandez
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eileen

I never understood why everyone said they hated stuffing pockets...until I did it for a year straight. It's not so bad at first, but you get worn out doing it every other day for so long!! I like having some pockets around because they are nice for going out in public, etc. (not so many steps is nice when changing in a public place) but prefolds and covers are just so simple. you don't even have to fold them!!
Hahaha. Ive never stuffed a pocket but just the idea of it annoys me. I wouldnt last a week. I think Im more likely to go the ai2 route for easy outing diapers. But ive used those with my nephew and dh thinks they are ridiculously bulky so i dont know.
Old 02-08-2012, 03:06 PM   #26
ambie719
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacifer View Post
Amber, does that mean you'll possibly have 3 LOs in diapers when this one comes!!?? You'd need a huge stash!
Thankfully no. DS1 is in sposies because we thought he would PT soon after we started DS2 in cloth. A year later and still little to no potty progress.
Old 02-08-2012, 03:24 PM   #27
boekesec
Registered Users
Formerly E***n
seller

Jenny - How did you do the laundry only once a week? Mine started to stink if I waited that long But once a week sure sounds nice!
Old 02-08-2012, 05:18 PM   #28
GooseBella
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am still debating for this little bean. With DD we didn't start cloth until about 2 months ago. We use all OS pockets right now but I was thinking an AIO might be easier for a newborn. I'd like to start at birth, the prefold w/ covers seems like a lot of steps. I would consider it if they had fitted prefolds that snap and then covers. The folding and then snappi and then a cover just seems like a lot of work.
Old 02-09-2012, 06:44 AM   #29
Elijah'sMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GooseBella View Post
I am still debating for this little bean. With DD we didn't start cloth until about 2 months ago. We use all OS pockets right now but I was thinking an AIO might be easier for a newborn. I'd like to start at birth, the prefold w/ covers seems like a lot of steps. I would consider it if they had fitted prefolds that snap and then covers. The folding and then snappi and then a cover just seems like a lot of work.
Elise: you could do an inexpensive fitted like the GMD workhorse newborn, they are only like $5 each. and you wouldn't need as many covers with a fitted because they contain poo better than a prefold.
I cant wait to CD a newbie! all that teeny tiny fluff is just adorable
Elijah'sMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 06:55 AM   #30
abhernandez
Registered Users

My friend's flight got pushed up by 10 days so I have to order like today. I've decided I'm okay with that. It will be kinda fun to get some fluffiness. I'll just stick to the basics though... it kinda freaks me out buying so early. I probably only do 12 pfs in nb and sm and then get 12 flats as back ups (I'm hoping I'll love flats. It would be the best for my laundry situation). I also I plan to make a bunch of those poo pockets dipes too. I don't know. I know people say you need 36 for a newbie but I just can't commit to more. Do you guys think premie pfs are worth it?