Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-07-2012, 09:19 AM   #1
luvmybabes85
Registered Users
seller

question about wipes warmer for cloth wipes

I have a warmer and my ds hates cold wipes. I can't believe I'm just now thinking about using it as he's 19months lol but anyway....! Do I need the little antibacterial pad thing or am I good using it without?

Advertisement

my iso/iha:
http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/....php?t=1235645
luvmybabes85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 09:25 AM   #2
joshieanna
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: question about wipes warmer for cloth wipes

We got the Prince Lionheart for cloth wipes and it came with a antibacterial pad. My little guy loves them. He's too sensitive for tea tree oil, so we use the pad but you might get by without it if you used something natural to fight bacteria
joshieanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 09:29 AM   #3
MadeofStarStuff
Registered Users
seller
seller

I never use that pad that came with mine. I fill with dry wipes, cover with wipe solution, & my wipes are good for 2 days in it. I've never had a problem!
Old 02-07-2012, 09:32 AM   #4
luvmybabes85
Registered Users
seller

thanks ladies;-)

my iso/iha:
http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/....php?t=1235645
luvmybabes85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 09:59 AM   #5
lilangel8185
Registered Users
seller

The only thing I didn't like with the prince lonheart ones is they heat from the bottom, so the top ones stay pretty cold for a while. I've used a few different kinds, bot my favorite ones are the ones that look more squarish because their heating is from top down so the top wipes are always warm. I also agree the pillow thing isn't worth messing with because as quickly as the wipes get used they usually wont dry out or get yucky . I usually just put onewipe inthe bottom that's still pretty wet because we rotate thru them, we had 3 in diapers so what I used to do is keep more than one warmer ready withwipes and just plug another in when the first was empty, but I wouldn't let them sit for more than 2 daysor so.
lilangel8185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 10:02 AM   #6
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

You don't have to have it. But, I really love mine. I never buy a new one, just wash with antibacterial soap with changes. Super easy and helps retain the moisture. I use tto in my solution to keep any growth from forming.
Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89
sarahannecloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 10:05 AM   #7
kateroc
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilangel8185 View Post
The only thing I didn't like with the prince lonheart ones is they heat from the bottom, so the top ones stay pretty cold for a while. I've used a few different kinds, bot my favorite ones are the ones that look more squarish because their heating is from top down .
huh, interesting. I have a prince lionheart one for DS1 (heats from the bottom) and a Babies R Us brand one for DS2 (heats from the top). I prefer the Prince Lionheart one -- I find that with the Babies R Us one that the wipes don't stay warm unless the warmer is full. So, if it's half full or almost empty, the wipes are too far from the warmer on the lid to stay warm, kwim?

I agree with pps that the pad is unnecessary. I use a wipes solution with lavender oil, which is anti-microbial, so that takes care of any stinkies.
Old 02-07-2012, 10:17 AM   #8
4kids4me
Registered Users

I have the Prince Lionheart warmer (not the cloth specific one) and have never had any issues with anything growing in there. I warm up the water to dissolve my wipes cube so cold wipes aren't an issue either.
Old 02-07-2012, 10:20 AM   #9
AZmommy
Registered Users
seller

I have a munchkin one and LOVE it the wipes stay warm from first to last great! (assuming everyone remembers to keep the lid closed.)

Deanna

Deanna mom to Cecilia 10-26-02 and Margaret 3-8-10
AZmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 12:24 PM   #10
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My first one with Cayden kept growing ickies. A moma on here told me abot too and I havn't had an issue since. We still use it daily. It's important to keep themm wiped out though.
Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89
sarahannecloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote