Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-07-2012, 07:00 PM   #1
AnimalHouse
Registered Users
Formerly: mama***ms
seller
seller

My Mood:
FB - OS or large for a super chunk?

DS3 is 6 months old, and has long outgrown his diapers. We've been in sposies until I can find some that actually fit him - he has huuuuge thighs, so every diaper we've tried has been too tight on his poor legs. I FuzziBunz, and just got a large in a trade... it fits him well, but the thigh snaps are already on the last setting. I'm hoping he starts to grow UP instead of out , and will eventually have "normal" sized thighs.

But I need to buy more dipes, because I'm sick of sposies... so what do you recommend? FuzziBunz OS or large? I need something that will last awhile, because we're on a super tight budget .

Advertisement

Old 02-07-2012, 07:02 PM   #2
MomBecks
Registered Users

Re: FB - OS or large for a super chunk?

FuzziBunz OS run pretty small so I wouldn't recommend them. I'd stick with larges and they're coming out with x-large and even xx-large Yea for those with bigger kiddos!
Old 02-07-2012, 07:32 PM   #3
jes750
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
The os run way small. They barely fit my 18m old (he is very average size). Haven't tried the sized...
Eta: maybe consider Alvas. They are cheap! Plus they run big! My 18m old is on the smallest rise setting.

Last edited by jes750; 02-07-2012 at 07:33 PM.
jes750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 07:48 PM   #4
AnimalHouse
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomBecks View Post
FuzziBunz OS run pretty small so I wouldn't recommend them. I'd stick with larges and they're coming out with x-large and even xx-large Yea for those with bigger kiddos!
Ah, I didn't know the OS ran small. Thanks!! I heop DS3 won't need the XL or XXL anytime soon .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jana View Post
The os run way small. They barely fit my 18m old (he is very average size). Haven't tried the sized...
Eta: maybe consider Alvas. They are cheap! Plus they run big! My 18m old is on the smallest rise setting.
I'll have to look into Alvas. Are they similar to Sunbaby at all? Those things leak horribly on my kids.
Old 02-07-2012, 07:53 PM   #5
Kelbel81906
Registered Users
seller

I would do a Large, they are bigger than the largest setting on the OS. At 6 months, he's probably pretty close to the biggest he's going to get diaper size wise (at least in the legs) and when he gets mobile, he'll slim down a bit and I bet they'll fit through potty training!
Old 02-07-2012, 07:53 PM   #6
jes750
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimalHouse

Ah, I didn't know the OS ran small. Thanks!! I heop DS3 won't need the XL or XXL anytime soon .

I'll have to look into Alvas. Are they similar to Sunbaby at all? Those things leak horribly on my kids.
Havent tried sunbaby so idk. My whole stash is alvas and never had a leak though! I stuff them with flats or the alvas bamboo inserts. There's supposed to be a co-op for them here this month. The last co-op the solid colors were just 2.5 ea. Can't beat that...
Old 02-07-2012, 08:24 PM   #7
craigwick
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimalHouse View Post
I heop DS3 won't need the XL or XXL anytime soon .
DD2 is 3.5 and just needed to move into the XL (chunker thighs and a toddler gut) We had her in the larges since 2/2.5 when she outgrew her BGOS, they still fit on the biggest snap setting, but not good enough in the rise for naps or nights.

Good to know about the one-size, I got a couple off FSOT for the next one, but since I have my whole stash of L and XL for this one to grow into it is all good!
Old 02-07-2012, 09:18 PM   #8
countrySt
Registered Users
seller

The OS ran very small on my little guy but the large was way to big on the waist but fit on the thighs. I wooul try buying a cheap used medium and a used large and see which one works best. The mediums are suppose to fitbup to 35 lbs.
countrySt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 11:40 PM   #9
Mamaleah
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Gosh a large!? I have only bought the OS and the Mediums. DS was 25lbs at 6mo and his thighs and belly were HUGE! A medium fit him then but the OS had to be put away or put at the bottom of the pile because they were too frustrating, lol. I do have to say, that was the biggest he got during that month. He didn't start crawling until 9 mo or so, but around 6 months is when they start going through more growth spurts again. He is 16 mo now and weighs 31lbs. He weighed 25-28 lbs for about 4 months but just kept getting taller. Although even with the growing taller, he was still waaaay over the charts for his height and weight, lol. I have never tried a large on him, but the mediums still fit him (finally on the last snaps in both the hip and waist).

I would suggest trying Happy Heinys also, they have fit the best on DS. He still wears the OS. I have also found that I like the Thirsties AIO size 2 that just came out, and the old style AIO size large. They go up to 40lbs.
SAHM to Keila 9/08 and Brycen 10/10. Expecting #3 ~Our Rainbow Baby~ March 2015!
Mamaleah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 03:27 AM   #10
AnimalHouse
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by countrySt
The OS ran very small on my little guy but the large was way to big on the waist but fit on the thighs. I wooul try buying a cheap used medium and a used large and see which one works best. The mediums are suppose to fitbup to 35 lbs.
I already have a ton of mediums, and he outgrew them at about 4.5 months . I can't even get the snaps closed at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamaleah
Gosh a large!? I have only bought the OS and the Mediums. DS was 25lbs at 6mo and his thighs and belly were HUGE! A medium fit him then but the OS had to be put away or put at the bottom of the pile because they were too frustrating, lol. I do have to say, that was the biggest he got during that month. He didn't start crawling until 9 mo or so, but around 6 months is when they start going through more growth spurts again. He is 16 mo now and weighs 31lbs. He weighed 25-28 lbs for about 4 months but just kept getting taller. Although even with the growing taller, he was still waaaay over the charts for his height and weight, lol. I have never tried a large on him, but the mediums still fit him (finally on the last snaps in both the hip and waist).

I would suggest trying Happy Heinys also, they have fit the best on DS. He still wears the OS. I have also found that I like the Thirsties AIO size 2 that just came out, and the old style AIO size large. They go up to 40lbs.
Thanks for the HH recommendation! Thirsties Duo dipes fit him well, but the aplix rubs his little muffin top raw . I'm about to list one, in hopes of trading for a snap version.

I'm also holding on to all our medium FBs, in case he starts to slim up. I'm holding out hope that they'll again one day!