Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-09-2012, 07:12 AM   #21
michelleml
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: The fabric softener list. :D

I am totally confused I thought you couldn't use fabric softeners? My stash is mainly flats I have a few bg pockets, happy hempies, is it safe for pockets with suedecloth or microfleece or pup?

Advertisement

Michelle
michelleml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 07:35 AM   #22
P!nkPepper

Formerly Q......9
seller
seller

My Mood:
Ecover & Walmart's (discontiuned? Simplicity) I have screwed up & had a Downey sheet in the dryer once or twice but never a new sheet and had no issues. Also no dryer film that people like to talk about.
P!nkPepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 08:23 AM   #23
GodLover
Registered Users
seller

Where can you buy Ecover?
GodLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 09:19 AM   #24
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelleml View Post
I am totally confused I thought you couldn't use fabric softeners? My stash is mainly flats I have a few bg pockets, happy hempies, is it safe for pockets with suedecloth or microfleece or pup?
I would NOT take the chance on any non-natural fibers. Like our pockets.
Now I do have some thin mf inserts I padfold a few of the flats with that have had softner as long as I can remember, but pockes for sure no.

To me softner is like bleach, all in how you use it. HAHA!!
I bleach every load, never had an issue there either.
Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89
sarahannecloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 10:10 AM   #25
fawnintx
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahannecloud9 View Post
I would NOT take the chance on any non-natural fibers. Like our pockets.
Now I do have some thin mf inserts I padfold a few of the flats with that have had softner as long as I can remember, but pockes for sure no.

To me softner is like bleach, all in how you use it. HAHA!!
I bleach every load, never had an issue there either.
I've been adding bleach to all sorts of things lately, and I'm LOVING it!

I've found that the Ecover's working fine with all my stuff, including pockets. I'm funny about fragrances, though. Some of those 7th gen fragrances look like they might be nice!
Old 02-09-2012, 11:41 AM   #26
blueone
Registered Users
seller
seller

We use Ecover at the moment, I may try 7th Generation or Mrs. Meyers providing it has no soy (allergic to soy, even skin contact causes a rash).

We make dryers sheets with ecover: http://www.liverenewed.com/2011/06/h...er-sheets.html
It lasts a long time this way!
Old 02-09-2012, 11:41 AM   #27
Almacham
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by plumpkin View Post
Ecover and 7th Generation. I like Ecover better and think it gets the fabric softer than 7th generation but I have super hard water. But both work. I want to try Mrs Meyers. Method is too expensive for me (I think it is $6 while the others are all $3.99ish)
I'm tellin' ya, Mrs. Meyers is fabulous! I don't think I'll be going back to Ecover, personally. It smells great, too.

Quote:
Well, there's lots of things that you're "not supposed to do" to cloth diapers that many mamas do, you know? Using fabric softener is one of them. Using regular ol' detergent instead of green, CD friendly stuff is another.

I was so afraid of regular detergent and fabric softener for so long. I laugh at myself now!
Almacham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 12:36 PM   #28
michelleml
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

my main issue with my flats on some days i have bad static but they are soft wonder if dryer balls would help with static

Michelle
michelleml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 03:06 PM   #29
fawnintx
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
my main issue with my flats on some days i have bad static but they are soft wonder if dryer balls would help with static
I haven't found my dryer balls to help all that much with static... but then I'm a hopeless over-dryer.
Old 02-10-2012, 04:17 PM   #30
nicolehedges
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Downy F&C user here too.....going on 10 years of cloth diapering!! LOL! Granted we aren't using the same diapers as back then, but still using the fabric softener and never have any issues of any kind. We have Sandys (cotton and bamboo) and flats (cotton, bamboo fleece and bamboo terry). I have occasionally washed my MEAF covers in with a load of some fleece longies or other clothes with softener and haven't had any issues with the covers at all. (covers weren't too yucky )

I agree with PP....it is all in how you use it....detergent, bleach, softener....Good thread. I wish we could try other softeners, but we have major skin sensitivity issues around here and I know Downy is okay with all the children's skin....

nicolehedges is offline   Reply With Quote