Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2012, 09:27 PM   #1
mom-of-QTs's Avatar
mom-of-QTs
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Forney, Texas
Posts: 157
Do you feel this way?

Anyone else out there feel like running away from "it all" some days? Kids too demanding; hubs too demanding; house too demanding; life in general too demanding? I love my life and my family. I have a great life and a great family. But it does get stressful and too overwhelming at times and I just want to run away. I feel like this especially when the kids and/or hubs is hanging on me an extra amount, when I have WAY to much to get done, when I am not getting enough sleep and am overly exhausted, and especially when I'm have a problem with my OCD. Some days I wonder why I ever chose the path I did and wish I hadn't had three kids back-to-back. (I have three under the age of four). Anyone else get overwhelmed by it all?

Advertisement

mom-of-QTs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 09:39 PM   #2
newclothuser's Avatar
newclothuser
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 98
Re: Do you feel this way?

the days are long, but the years are short! a couple times I have been like, oh my gosh? i have so much work to be done here and I just want to take a nap. what I have realized is, thats not the end of the world. so, I do take a nap(if possible) or I put on sweatpants and just sit on the couch(which I never do), and I know that, later on that day, or the next day, I am going to want to do it. and so, I do. we moms are resilient!
newclothuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 01:48 AM   #3
b bright's Avatar
b bright
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Calera, OK
Posts: 1,198
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom-of-QTs
Anyone else out there feel like running away from "it all" some days? Kids too demanding; hubs too demanding; house too demanding; life in general too demanding? I love my life and my family. I have a great life and a great family. But it does get stressful and too overwhelming at times and I just want to run away. I feel like this especially when the kids and/or hubs is hanging on me an extra amount, when I have WAY to much to get done, when I am not getting enough sleep and am overly exhausted, and especially when I'm have a problem with my OCD. Some days I wonder why I ever chose the path I did and wish I hadn't had three kids back-to-back. (I have three under the age of four). Anyone else get overwhelmed by it all?
Yes! Lol. I have been feeling this way quite a bit lately. It's so hard when it feels like nobody else understands me. (like hubby and the kids).
__________________
Brittni ~ wife to Harlan, Mommy to Avy (5) , Zayden (2) & Riley (2) & Roman (July 31, 2012)
b bright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 07:02 AM   #4
clothrookie3's Avatar
clothrookie3
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom-of-QTs
Anyone else out there feel like running away from "it all" some days? Kids too demanding; hubs too demanding; house too demanding; life in general too demanding? I love my life and my family. I have a great life and a great family. But it does get stressful and too overwhelming at times and I just want to run away. I feel like this especially when the kids and/or hubs is hanging on me an extra amount, when I have WAY to much to get done, when I am not getting enough sleep and am overly exhausted, and especially when I'm have a problem with my OCD. Some days I wonder why I ever chose the path I did and wish I hadn't had three kids back-to-back. (I have three under the age of four). Anyone else get overwhelmed by it all?
I'm in the exact same boat I try and think of the good days when I'm having a bad day or remember the phrase "the days are long but the years are short"

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
clothrookie3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 11:12 AM   #5
twinpossible's Avatar
twinpossible
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: in a pile of laundry!
Posts: 1,987
My Mood:
Re: Do you feel this way?

Yep, that was me this morning! What usually keeps me sane is having my mother come over, take the kids and I take a LONG shower by myself. Maybe try to find some you time?
twinpossible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 11:37 AM   #6
mom-of-QTs's Avatar
mom-of-QTs
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Forney, Texas
Posts: 157
Re: Do you feel this way?

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinpossible View Post
Yep, that was me this morning! What usually keeps me sane is having my mother come over, take the kids and I take a LONG shower by myself. Maybe try to find some you time?
It would be so nice to drop my kids off with my mom or someone else! Sigh... The closes family we have is 12 hours away and everyone close by that we know works and then have kid activities in the evening. I had one friend offer to take my older two on Mondays when she is off of work but that only lastest three mondays before she decided she couldn't handle my energetic kids and told me not to bring them back over. :-( Hubs works way too much and is usually not home before 8pm and works a lot of weekends too. It's nearly impossible to find me time right now.
__________________
WAHM of O-Tay: www.facebook.com/OTayMommyMe
Mom of DS '08, DD '09, Two Angel Babies '10, DS2 '11
mom-of-QTs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 11:51 AM   #7
Almacham
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Slytherin House
Posts: 15,946
My Mood:
Re: Do you feel this way?

Oh yes, mama! Very much so. You're not alone.

I posted a thread the other day about how much I hated everything & everyone at that moment. I was sitting there crying because I had just yelled at my son, which I try never, ever to do. I felt so bad but I was still so irritated. My 3 and 2 year olds had spilled my entire, only bottle of shampoo all over the bathroom floor. As I was cleaning that up my son decides to just get up and flip over the end table, spilling coffee, breaking the cup it was in and scattering books/magazines everywhere. When I asked him why in the name of Pete he did that, he calmly informed me is Spiderman and the end table is the bad guy so he had to attack it.

After cleaning up that mess I just started sobbing. I sent all three of them into time out but they whined and cried as loud as they could the whole time. It was just a mess!

We all have terrible days like this, particularly when we have a lot of little ones to take care of.

One thing ladies told me repeatedly in my own thread was "We're here for you, and we've had days like that too, and it does get better". They are right!


Quote:
Originally Posted by newclothuser View Post
the days are long, but the years are short! a couple times I have been like, oh my gosh? i have so much work to be done here and I just want to take a nap. what I have realized is, thats not the end of the world. so, I do take a nap(if possible) or I put on sweatpants and just sit on the couch(which I never do), and I know that, later on that day, or the next day, I am going to want to do it. and so, I do. we moms are resilient!
Excellent post, mama! I wish I had seen this yesterday when I was having a very bad time.
Almacham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 11:54 AM   #8
mariamommy's Avatar
mariamommy
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 8,668
Re: Do you feel this way?

yes, we all have moments like that!

If someone came on here and posted they always had everything together, never got stressed, LOVED every aspect of their lives living a life of a mom with lots of little kids....I just wouldn't believe them.
__________________
Maria, wife to David and stay-at-home-mama to four children.
mariamommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 12:12 PM   #9
mom-of-QTs's Avatar
mom-of-QTs
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Forney, Texas
Posts: 157
Re: Do you feel this way?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
I posted a thread the other day about how much I hated everything & everyone at that moment. I was sitting there crying because I had just yelled at my son, which I try never, ever to do. I felt so bad but I was still so irritated. My 3 and 2 year olds had spilled my entire, only bottle of shampoo all over the bathroom floor. As I was cleaning that up my son decides to just get up and flip over the end table, spilling coffee, breaking the cup it was in and scattering books/magazines everywhere. When I asked him why in the name of Pete he did that, he calmly informed me is Spiderman and the end table is the bad guy so he had to attack it.

After cleaning up that mess I just started sobbing. I sent all three of them into time out but they whined and cried as loud as they could the whole time. It was just a mess!

We all have terrible days like this, particularly when we have a lot of little ones to take care of.
I feel for you! Just a few short months ago, while I was still pregnant with #3 and battling to keep him inside long enough for him to have a chance, my two older children decided to paint the entire carpet in the playroom, the toys, and the wall... not to mention the carpet going DOWN the stairs and my tile and rugs in the kitchen... with green acrylic paint. I couldn't handle it anymore. I just hysterically cried for hours. Called my hubby and told him what happened and how I couldn't get the paint off the carpets. He had to call a professional to come over immediately so the paint wouldn't set.

I am so glad I am not dealing with this alone!
__________________
WAHM of O-Tay: www.facebook.com/OTayMommyMe
Mom of DS '08, DD '09, Two Angel Babies '10, DS2 '11
mom-of-QTs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 06:08 PM   #10
Reddmuse's Avatar
Reddmuse
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Wesley Chapel, FL
Posts: 60
My Mood:
Re: Do you feel this way?

Just let me say, this too shall pass.

I have OCPD (it's like OCD but w/o the more sever compulsions) and when my three girls were all under 3 I thought I was going to loose my mind on many, many days! My mom was no help and I had no other family near... and my friends *pth* don't even go there! Plus - my first husband was a jerk. He was NO HELP. Oh the stories I could tell you that sound like the one Freedom told us. There was one involving peanut butter, eggs, and a bunk bed... *oyi*

They are all fond memories now, however; not to mention delicious blackmail. They grow up far too fast. Those same girls are all in High School now, one graduating this year. How did I make it past those hair-pulling, I-want-to-run-away days? Laugh. Even the worst messes will be memories. Have a good cry, let it out, then give it all a second look and find something to laugh about. I also committed myself to the realization that if it gets broken, scratched, dented, or whatever... it was just a thing and the kids were worth so much more.

It will get better! {hugs}
Reddmuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.