Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-05-2010, 10:16 AM   #1
Mk13
Registered Users
seller

"Healthy spoesies" ... Earth's Best vs. 7th Generation ... help me choose ...

I will be flying out of the country for 4 weeks at the end of the months and will not be CDing while I'm gone. But DS2 is pretty sensitive to regular sposies so I want to take a gentler alternative with me so I don't have to be hunting down "eco friendly" brands overseas. I do use 7th Generation sposies with him for the nights and do like them but I don't find them very absorbant ... have to change him around his midnight feeding and again around 6am and the morning change usually wakes him up and he won't go back to sleep. ... but that's whole another issue. I have also tried a few Earth's Best chlorine free diapers with DS1 but they don't seem to last much either ... I've tried them on our trips out of the house 2-3hrs and by the time we get home, he's all wet.

Anyone has tried these for a longer time?
... which are more absorbent?
... which are gentler on sensitive skin?

I'll have to take quite a few so right now I'm leaning towards 7th generation as they are almost 1/3 lighter in weight! ... but could really use some insight.

... or is there another brand I should look into?

Advertisement

Mk13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 10:24 AM   #2
Qbit
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: "Healthy spoesies" ... Earth's Best vs. 7th Generation ... help me choose ...

I personally liked the feel of 7th Gen better but can't say much for how they compare performance wise. A more earth friendly diaper you might want to check out is Broody Chick. They're compostable and although I haven't tried them myself to see how they perform, I have held one in my hand and they feel very nice. Not all papery and stiff.

http://www.betterbabybums.com/broody...stable-diapers
Qbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 10:37 AM   #3
AZmommy
Registered Users
seller

Re: "Healthy spoesies" ... Earth's Best vs. 7th Generation ... help me choose ...

I far prefer the earths best I like the fit better I like thye didn't add dye to make them look brown and they plain work better for us.

Deanna

Deanna mom to Cecilia 10-26-02 and Margaret 3-8-10
AZmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 10:44 AM   #4
Mk13
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZmommy View Post
I far prefer the earths best I like the fit better I like thye didn't add dye to make them look brown and they plain work better for us.

Deanna
earth's best do seem to fit better ... I noticed that the 7th Generation have a lot of "useless" area in the back that is part of the diaper but doesn't have any filling so it feels like the diapers are leaking THROUGH the actual paper (or whatever the material is) rather than around the legs or at the top. I like that they are softer but they don't seem too waterproof to me? ... I've noticed couple times that the poo is leaking through the gussets ... I so wish 7th generation would come out better from the comparison but my 6th sense is telling me that's not the case ...
Mk13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 10:47 AM   #5
mama2tommy
Registered Users
seller

What about Nature Babycare Diapers? Anyone tried them? We're in the same situation, and I'm trying to decide which ones to buy...
Old 10-05-2010, 11:02 AM   #6
WynneBabies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I bought the Whole Foods store brand of natural diapers because they were cheaper and I really liked them much better than 7th Generation. Haven't tried Earth's Best.
Old 10-05-2010, 11:08 AM   #7
hilaryisinked
Spring Into a New Avi 2015 Winner
sitesupporter
seller
seller

I did not like Seventh Generation. They gave DD a rash and tabs aren't stretchy at all.
Old 10-05-2010, 11:38 AM   #8
MyKinleyBug
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I use NatureBaby Care when we're not using cloth and love them. I tried 7th G and Earths Best diapers and didn't care for the fit and got leaks with both of them, then I saw NatureBaby Care diapers at the store and decided to try them, no leaks at all and they fit great, really soft too. I also digg the fact that the plastic backing in the diaper is made from corn and not petroleum.

You can find more info on them at Naty.com
Old 10-05-2010, 11:41 AM   #9
stephcrouse
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

I loved Nature Babycare!
I am currently using and liking 7th Gen,
I have not tried Earths Best...
Old 10-05-2010, 12:10 PM   #10
lilmonksmom
Registered Users

My Mood:

I find Earth's Best to be more absorbent than 7th Generation. My favorite sposie is Nature Babycare. They seem about the same absorbency as Eath's Best, but they are softer inside and fit my son better. They sell them at diapers.com, Babies R Us, and some Targets.
lilmonksmom is offline   Reply With Quote