Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-09-2012, 05:51 AM   #1
Lolobug
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Stash???

Please help me build a stash! I have one dd in diapers, 6 months old. As of right now, all I have are pockets (12)! I stuff with flats because I can't stand microfiber! I'm washing every day!!
I LOVE blueberry/Swaddlebees and bum genius diapers. I really like prints and/or an assortment of colors. I have an HE washer so I require simple/easily washable diapers. Quick-drying a plus!
Advice! Suggestions! Help!

Advertisement

Lolobug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 06:13 AM   #2
2+2macht4
Super Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Location: In a quaint village smack in the middle of the black forest.
Re: Stash???

If pockets are working for you why not stick with pockets and flats and just add more?

Do you have a set budget, you could do alva or sunbaby pockets, pick up a dozen without inserts and another dozen flats to double your wash time.
Old 02-09-2012, 06:20 AM   #3
Lolobug
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I just thought it might be fun to try some fitness or AIO's
Old 02-09-2012, 06:55 AM   #4
Kabuki24
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I think having some easy AIO's would be a good addition to your stash. A couple less expensive ones I like are the new Thirsties AIO's (turn inside out to dry, just learned that), swaddlebee simplex (love me a side snapping diaper).

You might also want to try a hybrid system or an AI2 system such as Flips (cottonbabies). And, the shells are on sale now. There are plenty of other systems like this too.

It's all about trial and error, buy a couple of a few different kids, try them out, if you don't like them, sell and try something else.

I quickly grew tired of stuffing pockets and my whole stash right now is pretty much different kinds of AIO's and AI2's but I do occassionally buy a pocket that appeals to me.

Don't be afraid to buy used, just make sure it's appropriately priced (compare the cost of a new to the price they are selling used). Sometimes on here people will sell new diapers and they may be asking for full price, but generally they eat the shipping and I consider this a decent deal unless of course an online retailer will ship for free, then it's not great. Buying used is a great and generally inexpensive way to build your stash and try many different kinds. Also, check your local craigslist. I find really good deals on there sometimes.
Old 02-09-2012, 07:09 AM   #5
MadeofStarStuff
Registered Users
seller
seller

Nana's Bottoms on Hyena Cart is a great AIO. Her soakers can be made of birdseye eye cotton & you can request a pocket in the back for added absorbency/faster drying. With her sale codes, they work out to $10-$12 each.
Old 02-09-2012, 07:13 AM   #6
mrsashleyo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
If you like BGs you can try the elemental. They are a one size all in one and organic, no microfiber.
Old 02-09-2012, 07:53 AM   #7
Sweet3heart3
Registered Users
seller

I have a pocket diaper flash sale today, only 8 plus shipping for a really cute, works well pocket great stash builder!
Sweet3heart3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 08:02 AM   #8
Lolobug
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Bump for chunk!