Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-09-2012, 09:23 PM   #1
mypeanut09
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Update on my Cotton Babies concerns/WWYD?

Background for those that didn't read the other post:

On 1/27 I ordered an Organic Flips Day Pack from Cotton Babies. The next day I was notified that it was backordered. On 2/6 I called for an update. The customer service rep told me that they were out of the inserts but went to check and found out they had gotten some in that morning. She told me my order would ship that day.

The next day, my order had still not shipped. I was annoyed because she told me it would have been shipped and needed the dipes. I am new to this and had only one diaper from the original order, which is obviously not enough to CD with. Since it took so long and they were out of stock of the inserts again, she told me she would cancel the remainder of the order and refund my card. I got the email confirming this was done.

So today I got a package slip. I had a package from Cotton Babies in the office. I went to pick it up and it is the order that they had supposedly cancelled and refunded. I checked my card and there is no refund yet. I know it can take a few days, but my bank is really quick at processing them. The packing slip said it was shipped on 2/6. On 2/7 when I called they told me it hadn't shipped yet and was out of stock.

So here's my dilemma. They screwed up. I flat out refuse to pay to ship the diapers back. And I won't ship them back since the refund hasn't showed up. So what do I do? Part of me feels like keeping them since they messed up twice on that order, part of me feels they should get them back (if the refund shows up). What would you do?

Advertisement

mypeanut09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 09:27 PM   #2
KB'sMama1031
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Update on my Cotton Babies concerns/WWYD?

call them asap, they paid return shipping when they sent me a snagged freetime diaper, i told them it was not my fault and was not fair to have to pay. They agreed and sent me a replacement with a return shipping label good luck!
Old 02-09-2012, 09:28 PM   #3
jessicargrimes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Perhaps call them if the refund goes through. More than likely they'll tell u to keep the diapers and refund! ESP if u couch it as a poor customer service situation.
jessicargrimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 09:30 PM   #4
FineFrenzy
Registered Users
seller

I'm an honesty is the best policy kind of girl, and have found many companies will often let things fall in your favor when they have made a mistake. If it is an expensive item, I would expect them to cover return shipping and give you a really awesome coupon code for your trouble.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum (and most likely
FineFrenzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 09:39 PM   #5
jaelynsmommy61607
Registered Users
seller
seller

Just fyi cotton babies has employees on ds. I would call them.
jaelynsmommy61607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 10:01 PM   #6
BabywearnAddict
Registered Users
seller

Ack. I do not like cottonbabies anymore. They have had AWFUL shipping experiences with me. I paid $27 for 3 day shipping on a $600 order--- got my order a week later. That is the short story, I shall keep it at that!

They will refund the money if they say they will, I got my refund 3 days after they told me I would get it. Hopefully they do or I would be calling like crazy!
BabywearnAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 10:18 PM   #7
mypeanut09
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Yea, I'll call them. I am just so frustrated. I am not too impressed with their Customer Service at this point, even though I really like the product. I'm not the type to just take something I didn't pay for, but part of me feels I shouldn't call until the refund goes through. It is so hard to have diapers sitting here and NOT use them, since I don't even have enough for a day's supply right now (unless you count these ones that I got today, then I do).
mypeanut09 is offline   Reply With Quote