Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-10-2012, 08:29 AM   #11
Caroline11009
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GooseBella
With DD I was able to get away with not buying any maternity clothes until the last month of my pregnancy. I don't think that will work this time around. Thankfully, I'll be able to use most of the close again because it will be summer during most of the pregnancy. I'll probably need another pair a pants, pair fo shorts and a few shirts. I'm looking foward to needing these. Last time I wanted nothing to do with maternity clothes... I was in denial.
That is good! Yeah since it will be spring & summer that we will be pregnant it will help not having to buy a ton of warmer clothes.

Advertisement

Expecting #1 10/10/12
Caroline11009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 08:33 AM   #12
abhernandez
Registered Users

Anyone not do maternity clothes?? Can i just do size up leggings and long tees??? I havent noticed any size change yet but its summer so it would be hard to notice since im not wearing jeans.

Last edited by abhernandez; 02-10-2012 at 08:34 AM.
abhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 09:01 AM   #13
Caroline11009
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhernandez
Anyone not do maternity clothes?? Can i just do size up leggings and long tees??? I havent noticed any size change yet but its summer so it would be hard to notice since im not wearing jeans.
Hey whatever works! I feel like a a fat cow when I wear leggings in general lol. I just have never likes how they form to my body. I will wear jeggings with boots but thats about it. Workout pants though? Bring it on! In fact mine are in the dryer to hopefully dry before I leave for work! :-)
Expecting #1 10/10/12
Caroline11009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 09:31 AM   #14
zaeaton
Registered Users
seller

Re: Maternity clothes

Gap has great maternity pants especially if you are short. I bought a lot of 'work' maternity clothes there for my 1st two pregnancies, of course this is when I had a job and was not broke!!!
This time around I think the only thing I'll need is some comfy jersey/knit shorts. Any ideas of where to get those?
Caroline- I can't wear leggings either. My thighs and hips are just too big. I don't get how people can pull those off! I love my work-out capri target pants!

I've gotten lucky that all my maternity clothes are summer and that's all I've ever needed! My son was born in August in Georgia (it does get cold in the winter but I wasn't big pregnant during it), then my daughter in March in Florida (but its south FL so you wear shorts/flip flops year round).

Last edited by zaeaton; 02-10-2012 at 09:33 AM.
zaeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 09:32 AM   #15
Deanie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kannondicarpo;14620949[I
]I went to Salvation Army yesterday prepared to spend a lot of money and they only had old frumpy maternity.[/I] I was so bummed. I went to a new store in a nice part of the city too. Oh well, I have one pair of maternity jeans so I guess I'll be wearing those until I find more. What I really want are new shirts though. I never stopped wearing my maternity shirts because I love how long they are so I need to add more to take away from wearing the same thing for the last 5 years.
This always happens to me. As much as I am all for yard sale shopping and thrift store shopping, I hate it that you have to go frequently and just try your luck. Oh well.

I gave half of my maternity clothes to a mama around here whose house burned down when she was in her second trimester. The family just barely got out alive. It was so sad. I'm kind of scared to see what I have left though. Fortunately I've lost some weight lately so I'll just go back to my larger sized jeans at first.
Old 02-10-2012, 10:26 AM   #16
ambie719
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhernandez View Post
You should be fine. Like I said, I hardly bought any mat clothes for my last 2 pgs. I got 2 pairs of mat jeans, 1 pair of cargos and a dress. That is seriously my entire maternity wardrobe lol. I had a lot of longer tanks and tees, and a lot of flowy empire waisted tops as well, so I was able to just wear those through my pg (mind you I did have to buy new tanks afterward because all of mine were old and stretched out by then). I bought elastic waisted shorts and skirts, and some of my cargos with drawstrings were still still wear-able. And of course all my sweats still fit, but DS2 was born in Aug so it was way too hot for sweats at the end with him.
Old 02-10-2012, 10:36 AM   #17
boekesec
Registered Users
Formerly E***n
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by kannondicarpo View Post
I went to Salvation Army yesterday prepared to spend a lot of money and they only had old frumpy maternity. I was so bummed. I went to a new store in a nice part of the city too. Oh well, I have one pair of maternity jeans so I guess I'll be wearing those until I find more. What I really want are new shirts though. I never stopped wearing my maternity shirts because I love how long they are so I need to add more to take away from wearing the same thing for the last 5 years.
I never find anything good at Salvation Army - and I've been to a lot of them! Not sure what the deal is with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhernandez View Post
I have a friend who wore the same pre-preg jeans the ENTIRE pregnancy! LOL, she carried really high so she just buttoned them under her tummy. I saw her wearing them again afterwards too. WOW that wouldn't have worked for me. But I think you could def size up leggings and long tees - and that sounds so comfortable. Did you know you can get maternity leggings? My MIL got me a pair during my last pregnancy and they were hilarious.
Old 02-10-2012, 10:46 AM   #18
sillyutalktome
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

You can try the rubber band trick with your pants too.

I broke down and bought a pair of maternity jeans and leggings. I'm bloated from all the fertility treatments and now I'm guessing baby is making it worse. But I can't keep the maternity pants up. So the best thing for me right now is the rubber band trick.

Alice - you can probably skip maternity clothes for quite a while if you wear low rise style pants and dresses. But I think eventually you'll want some maternity pants.
Old 02-10-2012, 12:40 PM   #19
ambie719
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyutalktome View Post
You can try the rubber band trick with your pants too.
I did the rubber band trick for quite awhile last time.
Old 02-10-2012, 12:44 PM   #20
MIpiccolo44
Registered Users
seller
seller

Ha! clothes with me is a funny conversation. I was slowly dropping back down in sized, so I still have a ton of clothes that are both too big and too small, and only a few things that actually look like they fit!

I did keep all my old maternity stuff, but I'm 35 pounds lighter than I was when i got pregnant the first time, so I'm secretly hoping that they will be way too big - at the same time I don't really have the money to go buy new stuff either. Why are clothes so complicated?? Not to mention sorting it out and keeping it organized too =P
MIpiccolo44 is offline   Reply With Quote