Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-10-2012, 07:37 AM   #1
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
If you have a strong intuition about your pregnancies (FINAL RESULTS #37))

If you have had several pregnancies and you have a strong instinct regarding them, have you ever been wrong, especially about impending m/c?

I'm currently on my 5th pregnancy, one of which was an early m/c. Just a side note: they are all through IVF. So, with each one, I KNEW I was pregnant before I could even test. And, with my one IVF cycle that was negative, I knew that too. With my m/c, I knew I was going to lose it before I had any clinical confirmation that anything was wrong. I just knew. I have a strong instinct and so far, I've never been wrong.

Well this time, I'm just "barely" pregnant if there is such a thing. LOL. I got my first beta hCG back for this IVF cycle on Wed. So, that makes me a little over 4wks pregnant. My hCG was 156, which is perfectly fine and respectable at this point. But, I cannot shake this feeling that this is just not going to stick. I'm going to lose this pregnancy. I just know I am.

So, has anyone had this feeling and been wrong? I'm asking here because most of you ladies have had several pregnancies. My second beta comes back this afternoon and that will tell me more, but I don't think it will help this feeling. I'm looking for some reassurance until then. (Or confirmation that my gut is probably right.)

Thanks!!

Update - Just in case anyone is wondering...my beta jumped a LOT to 412! So, my instinct in this case was totally wrong. I'm so thrilled!

2nd update in post #4

3rd update in post #15

Final Result in post #37

Advertisement

Last edited by HeatherlovesCDs; 03-01-2012 at 12:54 PM.
HeatherlovesCDs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 10:31 PM   #2
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: If you have a strong intuition about your pregnancies

Sadly my intuition has always been right. Just rest and try to trust your body*hugs*
twinpossible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 04:47 AM   #3
Wanderlust
Registered Users
Formerly: jen**eth
seller

I'm glad to hear your 2nd Beta jumped so high
Old 02-14-2012, 07:48 PM   #4
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Well, I found out why my gut was telling me something was wrong. But, just so you don't think this is going to end badly....everything is fine. Here is what happened:

With my first beta, my progesterone was low, 7. My RE added extra progesterone that I take vaginally. On Friday, they did my progesterone with my beta, but my didn't get it to my clinic till Monday. No one was worried since my beta jumped so high. Well, it had dropped again. This time to 5 and probably lower since that was Friday. So, I was cramping a lot and having all my AF signs (shaking, being super clumsy, VERY moody and down). I could feel it coming. I know my body well. I had been trying to push it out of my mind because I knew my beta was high. But, for anyone who doesn't realize, a drop in progesterone signals your body to shed your uterine lining (bleed). So, the reason I was feeling so negative and like I was going to m/c was because my body was trying to. I was devastated. My husband had to drive 1.5hrs each way last night to pick up a different kind of progesterone, that is given in shots. We gave me my first dose last night. This morning was my next beta. I was SURE it was going to be lower and bad. I've never had a progesterone problem before. I assumed it meant I was losing it. Well, my beta came back at 2470! That is a huge jump considering I was hoping about 1650 to be in normal range.

So, I was feeling like I was losing it because I was. My gut was right, but wrong at the same time. I'm so grateful to still be pregnant and I pray this turns out with me holding a baby or two at the end.

Thanks for the input ladies!
Old 02-14-2012, 07:58 PM   #5
triplet-momma
Registered Users
seller

Re: If you have a strong intuition about your pregnancies (update post 4)

Ooh with those numbers, maybe another set of twins
Old 02-14-2012, 08:20 PM   #6
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks. Yeah, they are increasing faster than with my first 2 twin pregnancies. (And, my single of course.) So far, with my beta history, when they went up this fast (although, not quite this fast)...I had two. I hope I do again. It is nuts to think after all this early anxiety and the low progesterone that I could end up with twins. I'm excited to find out, but won't til Feb 28th. We would love a 3rd set.
Old 02-14-2012, 09:00 PM   #7
kristinc
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

oooohhh! such a roller coaster already!! i cant wait to hear what is in there! congrats!
kristinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 09:05 PM   #8
triplet-momma
Registered Users
seller

How many eggs did you transfer? Lots of triplets come from transferring two
Old 02-14-2012, 10:27 PM   #9
TwinMommaplus2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Motherhood is not a hobby, its a calling, you do not collect children because they are cuter than stamps, Its not something to do if you can squeeze the time in, its what god gave you time for. ~E. Anderson
TwinMommaplus2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 04:47 AM   #10
CASMama711
Registered Users
Formerly: chmom77
seller

Congrats, Heather!