Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-11-2012, 07:20 AM   #1
Bethany89
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Stop Me!!!!

Ahhhh now that I've opened the diaper buying jar it won't close. I'm reobsessed with buying cloth lol I keep thinking of my budget but it's not helping lol once taxes got here I let lose!

We decided to do a small newbie stash.. I'm going to get some nb grovia but I need a few more prefolds and some xs bg.. And should be ok.. Oh and a super brite cover..

I've bought.. 4 BG 4.0, 3 thirsties duo 1 covers, 10 orange gmd prefolds and 12 yellow gmd prefolds.. 2 small bottom bumpers... 4 sm BG lol I'm planning on getting some softbums and BGE for the full time stash some more covers prob flips and thirsties I already have some from DD but SO said they are too girly lol and some more prefolds..

Oh and I'm going to buy a moby today and I'm buying undercover mama shirts... Ugh.

Anyone else going nuts buying?!?

Advertisement

Old 02-11-2012, 07:46 AM   #2
thekuligs
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Stop Me!!!!

LOL I am NO help, I used only one sized diapers last time. I didn't know how big the twins would be when they were born and I didn't want to mess with it. So this time I am getting a little wild--especially because I sold almost all of my stash when the twins were potty ready. The desert destroyes eleastic, so I didn't want to find myself out the diapers and the money if I hung on to them.

Then my mom a couple of days ago says she thinks she would get a weeks worth of newborn diapers (she was offering to purchase some). I tried to tell her that was insane because you shouldn't go that long with out washing diapers--but part of me just wants to buy them anyway oh well, you can always resell!
Mom to: Clover (9) Violet (8), Twins; Scarlet & Ryland (6) & Thistle (2) #6 DUE Jan 2016 I write romance novels!
thekuligs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 08:06 AM   #3
msmamabear
Registered Users
seller

I have bought 3 wraps in the last 2 weeks I will be buying another today.

And I bought a new diaper bag,(same style just different print... I am so bad) and some fancy muslin blankets and 2 nb grovia aio's. Last 2 big purchases are a carseat and the crib bedding but we dont use a crib till 6+ months so there is still lots of time.

Last edited by msmamabear; 02-11-2012 at 09:31 AM.
msmamabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 09:20 AM   #4
luckyducky77
Registered Users
seller

I think you have us mistaken for people who are sensible...LOL!

I'm sitting on my hands trying not to buy my entire stash now, months before this baby is set to arrive! The cuteness is sucking me in. I really want to buy these 2 patterns of rumparooz even though they are more boy pattern but they are too darn cute to pass up! One is firetrucks (2 of my uncles were firefighters - one retired, the other died from colon cancer a year ago), and the other one is the little monsters. I want the whales but can't find a place that actually has them in stock (anyone know of any?!?)
luckyducky77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 10:27 AM   #5
edens_mom
Registered Users
seller

The more patiently you wait the more likely you are to snag an awesome deal!!! Don't forget, Earth Day sales (and other holidays) will hit before July!! I still have my stash of small Fuzzi Bunz from last time, but they're all gender neutral. I'm still in no hurry to clutter up my house.
Old 02-11-2012, 11:37 AM   #6
graces-mommie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyducky77 View Post
I think you have us mistaken for people who are sensible...LOL!
yes!! You are in good company here! I have all of your ISO's but my obsessive buying self won't be ready to let them go until I know for sure that I am not having a boy. I should just sell them all and then be guaranteed a boy!!

I do have an extra blue newborn super brite if you want that one. I can probably part with an owl or nature grovia too. (I have 16 so I'm feeling kind of greedy for keeping them all!)

I don't have any blue XS bg's but I have all GN colors. Would you be interested in the butternut color or the darker yellow / orange?

PM - and pretend I posted this to your ISO thread!

graces-mommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 11:38 AM   #7
Bethany89
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I forgot about earth day! Lol.. Yeah I need a firetruck diaper as well, Andrew is a firefighter.
Old 02-11-2012, 12:23 PM   #8
regenolds
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I think the only thing keeping me from buying is not knowing the gender. Maybe I should not find out so I don't go crazy buying stuff! I do have a lot of diapers still and cant decide between getting more newborns or smalls. Last babe was 9,4 and that was kind of the cut off size for newborn size IMO. I got rid of most of my girl stuff so maybe I need to find out to be prepared.
I have a feeling I still won't know if I want to find out when we go to the ultrasound...
Old 02-11-2012, 02:58 PM   #9
mabelinoad
Registered Users
Formerly: Mabelino
seller
seller

My Mood:
Oh yeah. I've bought way too much...

custom Ring sling
6 xs bgs
A few small gdiapers and liners
A couple small and med bgs
Some more pacis and paci clips
Car seat
Rocker sleeper
Couple woombies

All within the last few weeks

And yesterday we went to Target and did our registry for a first time, and I saw MANY things I wanted..... this is my first time having a baby shower so trying to resist!

Last edited by mabelinoad; 02-11-2012 at 03:02 PM.
mabelinoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 04:40 PM   #10
luckyducky77
Registered Users
seller

Honestly I'm mentally preparing for a 9 lbs baby since that's what my family members make - big babies. So for the beginning days I'm doing prefolds and using some small AIOs I got from a friend. I hear the rumparooz start fitting early too so may give those a whirl if baby is indeed born big. If I have a smaller baby (ie less than 8 lbs), the prefolds I'm getting go down to 7 lbs. I probably won't buy smaller things if baby is less than 7 lbs and just use sposies until the kid gets bigger.
luckyducky77 is offline   Reply With Quote