Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-11-2012, 09:55 AM   #1
doodah
Registered Users
seller

Unique homeschooling needs....curriculum suggestions!

My situation is that come fall, I will be homeschooling/preschooling 3 or 4 kids. Two are mine, the other one (possibly two) are daycare kids.

In the fall, I will begin homeschooling my oldest for preK. I think she will move through the material fairly easy and will most likely move onto kinder work next year as well.

Meanwhile, I will have two (possibly 3) 3 year olds who I would like to begin preschool curriculum with.

I need help finding a curriculum brand that is a one stop shop to fit all these needs....

*Christian based curriculum so that I can have that emphasis with my two daughters (the 4 year old and one of the 3 year olds) but also, skip those portions when working with my daycare 3 year olds whose parents want a general (not religious based ) curriculum. Perhaps something that provides just a general education with the option to include a Bible class?

*the same brand where I can continue shopping as the kids progress at their own pace. I am not worried about them finishing a specific amount in a certain time...they can move along faster or slower as needed

*I am willing to pay for quality but don't need top of the line with tons of features and options. Looking for a classic "ABCs and 123s" type curriculum

*Purchase as needed by the number of kids I have so it is not a huge deal to buy less or more at any time. We do have a small amount of turnover with the kids.

*something that is ready to use. I don't have the time or inclination to create something on my own. I just want to purchase a good program and then whip it out and it all be there. Please don't suggest parts of multiple programs....I am a super busy mom and that just doesn't work for me! I could maybe do a split of two different things but not picking and choosing from a half dozen sites and programs.

Advertisement

doodah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 06:09 PM   #2
Ashlovespat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Subbing.
Old 02-12-2012, 01:32 PM   #3
JackieLyn
feeling festive
seller

My Mood:
Re: Unique homeschooling needs....curriculum suggestions!

http://www.letteroftheweek.com is free
Old 02-12-2012, 07:56 PM   #4
2queens&1princenmyhouse
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Unique homeschooling needs....curriculum suggestions!

I did this a couple years. I have an in-home dc and now just do my own thing. It was decent, but I am just too free a spirit to be confined to a certain curriculum.
2queens&1princenmyhouse is offline   Reply With Quote