Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-11-2012, 01:29 PM   #1
angel nee nee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Tell me what you are doing for PE

Curious.

Advertisement

Click Here
to join suporpoints and get your 50 poits.
Earn points for paypal cash.
Do you like shopping online? Get rebates from ebates, Mr. Rebates
angel nee nee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 02:06 PM   #2
lehcar_27
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Tell me what you are doing for PE

kids take gymnastics once a week on tuesdays from noon to 12:50.....they take a gym/swim class once a week on thursdays from 1-3pm.....one hour of PE class one hour of swim

we are outside ALOT....we walk almost everyday....they ride their bikes daily if the weather is nice....and my grandmother who lives down the street has an in ground pool, so we use that all the time in the summer
Old 02-11-2012, 02:52 PM   #3
my2sweets
Registered Users

My Mood:
They have a 30min swim class on tues other then that they just play outside everyday.

Swagbucks. Search. Earn. Redeem. Yep, it's that simple (I've earned $70 in gift cards and counting!).
my2sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 03:18 PM   #4
Mama2ManyBoyz
Registered Users
seller

Well it's been pretty yucky here, but when he's not playing outside I send him down to play basketball on a little hoop he has in the basement. He also has a dart board that coverts to a baseball/footbal bag toss style game that can go in the basement.

Our area also has open gym at a gymnastics center for homeschoolers, also a roller skating rink and ice skating. Some other ideas I have tossed around are kids excercise dvds (elmo and the like), wii sports, setting personal records for push ups, sit ups, and the like.
Old 02-11-2012, 03:19 PM   #5
JennTheMomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Daily walks if weather permits, we also have a trampoline in our house. We do a gym time group every week. ds1 will start some sort of community sport this summer.
JennTheMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 04:11 PM   #6
AbbieJack
Registered Users
seller
seller

DD takes gymnastics from 4:30 to 5:30 every Monday , Tap/Ballet from 5:35 to 7:00 on Mondays as well . Tuesday is Story Hour 10-12 with our local homschool group . They play games and run around Then after story hour we have a Lunch playgroup with the 3-8 age children in our homeschool group, after that we have Art Class from 3:30-5. Thursday is park or bowling day with out homeschool group.
Old 02-11-2012, 05:52 PM   #7
MathGirl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DD takes ballet and tap for 2.5 hours per week, plays outside a lot. And she dances instead of walks everywhere she goes, so I'm sure she gets plenty of exercise.
Old 02-11-2012, 08:14 PM   #8
R055ANA
Registered Users

Hi there!

We have an indoor trampoline that the girls like to jump on during the day. My girls aren't in any organized sport or movement classes. They play outside when it is nice out and we do walk and/or ride our bikes to places as well.

My thing for P.E. is to limit screen time. My girls watch DVDs a few times a week but that is really the only time the TV is on. We also limit computer time as well since I think that leads to a sedentary life style.
R055ANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 09:18 PM   #9
Candy Lee
Registered Users
seller

My boys play sports year-round. Right now it's indoor soccer, spring/summer is baseball, and fall is basketball. They each practice 1-2 nights a week & have at least one game a week. We live in the country, so they get outside and play every single day, and we also have a (neighborhood) pool where we often swim during warm months. We live right next door to the school, so we utilize the playground & walking track there a lot, too!
Old 02-12-2012, 09:15 AM   #10
mevans
Registered Users
seller
seller

Swimming lessons once a week.
They're doing basketball/cheerleading right now, soccer after that.
Michelle wifey to Justin, homeschooling SAHM to Kerilynn 3/28/04, Hunter 8/4/06, baby girl Piperann Meadow born 7/19/2011 at 40w5d, and our Great Dane Jess & missing Finley Jonas 7/27/10 ISO: size large Bummis Super Brite covers
mevans is offline   Reply With Quote