Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-15-2012, 08:16 PM   #41
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Grr to: "I'm not a mom of multiples BUT..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melaine View Post
Once you get to the point where you are stopped two or three times per errand, it gets super old. And the girls had such bad stranger anxiety, they would cry whenever people tried to come close. It's gotten much better, but I still try to ignore people unless they are right in front of me talking pretty loudly.
So, so true! One of my girls will smile at anyone, the other one will make a boo boo face and tragically cry if a stranger makes eye contact...guess which twin people always go to first!

Advertisement

Old 02-15-2012, 09:06 PM   #42
KatrinaLoves
Registered Users
seller
seller

Yeah, definitely not looking forward to all the stranger attention, especially the TOUCHING. I already hear horror stories from friends with singletons of strangers petting their newborns, uninvited. We're investing in a rear-facing stroller and a baby carrier to give me a few extra seconds to shoo people away.
KatrinaLoves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 10:00 PM   #43
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatrinaLoves View Post
Yeah, definitely not looking forward to all the stranger attention, especially the TOUCHING. I already hear horror stories from friends with singletons of strangers petting their newborns, uninvited. We're investing in a rear-facing stroller and a baby carrier to give me a few extra seconds to shoo people away.
That makes me SO mad! My girls spent 11 weeks in the NICU yet every germ laiden person tried to touch my tiny angels. A few tips, wear them as much as possible, it makes it awkward. Also make sure to buy tons of socks, people always go for the feet. Last, do not be afraid to say, "please don't touch!".
Old 02-16-2012, 05:53 AM   #44
lindsaymoo
Registered Users

My Mood:

OMG..all of this is so true! I can't tell you the number of people who have asked me if my b/g twins are idetical... seriously, I've even had medical people like NURSES ask me. Seriously? It cracks me up.

And ditto to the "twins in the family" thing. We do have twins on both sides of our family, and although it had probably nothing to do with the fact that we have twins, it shuts people up if I can't get away.

As to people touching your babies (which drives me CRAZY..you don't touch other random people why babies?), here is the best story EVER. I was at friends daughters baptism. My dd was nursing, so I had a blanket over her. We were in the church after getting our things together etc., and this woman (no relation, just a member of the congregation) comes over to ask me if I was the mom of the twins ( how do people sniff us out anyway?). I said yes, then she proceded to LIFT UP the blanket that was covering my daughter and started touching her hair and stuff. While she was nursing! I didn't know this woman at all. I was totaly mortified for many reasons, including that I had just been exposed in church! I was in shock so I just stared for a few secons before I literally tore the blanket out of her hands and stumbled off. It was crazy. I kinda thought that haveing a blanket over your kid who was held to your chest was the universal sign for "someones eating under here", or at least that your kid is sleeping and you don't want them disturbed. People just don't think sometimes!
lindsaymoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 08:25 AM   #45
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsaymoo View Post

As to people touching your babies (which drives me CRAZY..you don't touch other random people why babies?), here is the best story EVER. I was at friends daughters baptism. My dd was nursing, so I had a blanket over her. We were in the church after getting our things together etc., and this woman (no relation, just a member of the congregation) comes over to ask me if I was the mom of the twins ( how do people sniff us out anyway?). I said yes, then she proceded to LIFT UP the blanket that was covering my daughter and started touching her hair and stuff. While she was nursing! I didn't know this woman at all. I was totaly mortified for many reasons, including that I had just been exposed in church! I was in shock so I just stared for a few secons before I literally tore the blanket out of her hands and stumbled off. It was crazy. I kinda thought that haveing a blanket over your kid who was held to your chest was the universal sign for "someones eating under here", or at least that your kid is sleeping and you don't want them disturbed. People just don't think sometimes!

This is SO crazy! I cannot believe someone actually did that (well I can, because people are weird) and in church too! I thought it was bad when someone tried to kiss the my dd on the head when she was in the Moby wrap and up against my breast but I was wearing a tank top! At the very least this story made me laugh in disbelief
Old 02-16-2012, 09:12 AM   #46
watermelon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Agreed. And I really do not appreciate the people that then act all offended when I try to so politely ask them not to touch my babies as they were 26 weekers. I just want to say..."riiiiight you are the only person on earth that miraculously walks around germ-free!!!"
Old 02-16-2012, 09:23 AM   #47
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:

Ya I totally don't get why people act offended! My line to that effect is, "Well you would be cautious too if your babies spent 11 weeks in the NICU". That usually shuts them up!
Old 02-16-2012, 12:21 PM   #48
shanree
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by triplet-momma View Post
Katrina just you wait...there is no depth to the stupid things people will tell you once your multiples are here. We've heard some crazy ones over the years; including one person who adamantly tried to convince me that my kids were twins not triplets
That's hilarious. I have people ask if my triplets are identical (boy, boy, girl) LOL! I am like "Ummm, No! There are 2 boys and a girl!" They still don't get it. Then if it ever comes out that they were adopted many people have said "Oh, so you just adopted 3 kids that are the same age???" "Ummm, No again! They are triplets, born of the same mother at the same time!"
And the homeschooling questions get funnier... "How do you home school THREE first graders?" "Gee, I don't know.... probably the same way a public school teachers schools THIRTY first graders at the same time!"
JESUS LOVING Wife to Les, Full-Time Mama to Naomi (17) Elijah (11) Ian (8) Jake/Xander/Rachel (7yr old triplets) Aiden (5) and Benjamin (2) ....Homebirthing, EBF, ERF, CD'ing, BW'ing, HS'ing, Co-Sleeping, No-Circ, No Vax, 3 natural VBAC Mama. & now I am a CPST!!!!
shanree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 02:51 PM   #49
TwinKristi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
LOL This is so funny! I started with twins and then went on to have 4 more kids. People have said the silliest thing to me over the years. I love when people ask if my twins were natural. I was SIXTEEN!! Yes they were very natural!
My dads GF had a single in Dec 93 and then twins in Nov 94! 3 in a year is pretty tough I must say.
Old 02-17-2012, 07:03 PM   #50
KatrinaLoves
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'm getting a "no touching" sign printed out, laminated, and pinned to my stroller that has a hand with a red line through it on there. I'm no germaphobe (really, I'm a pretty easy going anti-handsanitizer type of person), but the idea of random stranger hands on my newbies freaks me out. That, and it's just totally rude.
KatrinaLoves is offline   Reply With Quote