Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-11-2006, 07:56 PM   #11
Minniebees
Registered Users
Formerly: Mom2two
seller

My Mood:
Re: Poll- How often do you buy new?

I always buy new. I have issues, so I never buy anything used for my kids.

Resale value does not affect what I buy. I buy what I like. It is my experience that used stuff in general sells for so little compared to what I paid for it (especially after costs like paypal fees and postage) that it's not really worth it. I have sold used diapers, and on some I made just a couple of bucks on diapers that I bought for $16 new.

Advertisement

Old 06-11-2006, 09:46 PM   #12
kissum
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

I buy new most of time, about 75%
kissum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 09:48 PM   #13
Termie
Registered Users
seller

If PinStripes and Polka Dots carries it... I buy it new (unless someone wants something Im selling and trades me for some stuff she has). We plan to pass down all our dipes to baby#2 so when we can afford new i do it... just have to only get 1-2 dipes/month. Luckily we were given almost all of our newborn/small stash in my cloth diaper shower (I LOVE my sister - she may be a sposie mama but she knows how to throw a cloth shower!!).

MoE hasn't gotten back to Sarah's request to carry FB and I'm irritated with them! LOL!! I don't mind the discount of all my FB coming from here used, but it'd be nice to get some new from PSPD.
Termie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 09:50 PM   #14
jedibunni
Registered Users
seller

Always!!!! I'm a shopping addict....for anything!
Old 06-11-2006, 09:53 PM   #15
EasterBun
Yarn Snob
seller

My Mood:

I've bought most of mine new.... my newborn stash though was split between used and mommy-made. Now I will only buy used if I'm searching for something specific and I can't find it new (certain hyena items). Or occationally if I want to try something and just happen upon a FSOT listing for it.

I've been burned a couple times via FSOT though, so it's got me wary of buying used... basically it's not worth saving a few dollars to put myself in the situation of losing quite a bit of money.. in terms of buying used vs new, I'm actually out more than I've saved, at this point trying to buy used - so it's not worth it

Thankfully right now I'm at a point where I am *very* happy with my stash, and I have no desire to shop.
EasterBun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 10:47 PM   #16
hollyhobby30
Registered Users
seller

Always unless I find one that is next to new and only worn a couple of times. I'm just a wee bit picky so it's just better to buy new customs.
hollyhobby30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 10:57 PM   #17
kkweight
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I rarely bought new.
When we decided to CD we had a very tight budget. We figured into our weekly budget for cloth adn i was only able to have $5-$8 per week for cloth dipers. So for a month to build a stash i had $20-$32 a month to build a good stash with fitteds, AIO's, pockets, covers, prefolds and everyhting else.lol that kind of budget doesnt allow for a whole lot. So i started in the auction houses and went from there. For the most part i got well taken care of stuff. I wouldnt buy anything from houses with pets (allergies), non smokers of course, and i woudlnt buy things with stains. Sometimes i got stained stuff and i would just sun it really well. Everyhthing that came into our home was immediately washed in HOT HOT water and sunned. I was ripped off a few times and didnt get stuff and would get some really raggy lookin stuff, but for the most part i got some good deals.
Ive was albe to have a rpetty good Hyena stash buying used, i can remember only paying $7 for a used Fusbaby cover. It was immaculate! I was able to get a Kiwi Pie cover that was never used for $10. So i was albe to build a good stash but i had to hunt for deals.
Later as DD got older and DH was able to earn more money i bought new from only one store because i loved her fitteds.
Now, if im able to have another baby ill do used again, really, i dont mind used. Unless its make specifically for my kid i wont waste that money for a new item, its just a diaper. Im cheap.lol
kkweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 11:13 PM   #18
Freckle432
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Mostly buy new... but that's just because I'm not patient enough to wait it out watching the FSOT, KWIM.

I'm just not a good bargain hunter in general. Have some girlfriends who love to shop at Outlets and Consignment Shopts, but I just can't get into it. They get GREAT stuff, but I just don't like having to rummage through everything... I mean they'll spend 2-3 hours and come home with 1-2 great finds for VERY little money... but the 2-3 hours to me would be torture!

Freckle is now Freckle's Natural Fibers
Freckle432 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 11:31 PM   #19
Luv2bemommy
Registered Users

My Mood:

Um Never unless I cant find what I'm looking for used.. heehhee
Old 06-11-2006, 11:38 PM   #20
ocean_o_curls
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i always buy new i bought used once and the diaper was ok i just prefer used id rather spend the extra couple dollars to buy new.

when i buy used i dont take into consideration cause this is my first baby so i plan to reuse them for my next