Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-12-2012, 10:53 PM   #21
dancnfool
Registered Users
seller

Re: If you knew the day you conceived...

I know when I conceived. I was gone for a week, home Friday, preggo Sat, gone again Sunday for another week. DH joked about doing a DNA test.

They calculated my DD by day of last period 5/9. I told them it was off because my cycles were longer than 28days and they were using date of conception as day 14. I told them it was day 19. I went 40wk+5days. She came 5/14. By my estimate - that made exactly 40wks.

But of course that isn't the reason she came that day. She came that day b/c my MIL was doing some kind of voodoo or boiling newts or something. It was her birthday, and her son's birthday (my DD uncle). So it made 3 generations born on the same day.

Advertisement

dancnfool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 11:12 PM   #22
missrico
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i was working out of state and was only home for 2 days when i got pregnant, so we had sex on tuesday and wednesday, i ovulated on thursday and bam got pregnant. my EDD was Aug 7, i was induced on Aug 18 having my peanut at 41 weeks, 5 days. and she wasn't ready to come out, baby didn't drop until they broke my water when i was 6 or 7 cm dilated.
Old 02-12-2012, 11:19 PM   #23
AcrossTheUniverse
Registered Users
Formerly: ReiSapphireJade
seller

My Mood:

I also knew my conception dates and my kids have all been born at different times (39w4d, 38w2d, 40w2d, 34w4d, & 40w1d). I'm of the opinion that kids just come when they're ready.
*i* Loved and Lost (6/12), (9/12), & (2/13) *i*
AcrossTheUniverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 11:51 PM   #24
WRK-n it
Registered Users

My Mood:

I knew the exact day of conception and he was born exactly 39 weeks. ultrasound dated within a day of the only time we had sex that month.
WRK-n it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 11:55 PM   #25
mamaratliff
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I knew conception dates exactly for 2 of my kids. Both of those were born within 2 days of the DD. This time I'm not certain, and it's not as much fun

40 + 2
and
39 + 5
Old 02-13-2012, 04:48 AM   #26
danielle
Registered Users
Formerly: d*****
seller
seller

My Mood:
Daughter, idk. Son, 38+2.
Old 02-13-2012, 05:07 AM   #27
crunch!910
Registered Users

DS1, I knew when I ovulated. EDD: Sept 3, induced and sectioned Sep 9.

With this one, my first early ultrasound matched EXACTLY according to my ovulation. I went in knowing I was 7w5d, the ultrasound confirmed that. EDD of April 1. We'll see how close I give birth to that date.
Old 02-13-2012, 06:28 AM   #28
georgiasmommy
Registered Users
seller

I know we conceived on Father's Day last year, but the 8 wk u/s showed 2 days behind. With DD, we knew the date of conception but she measured behind on the u/s and I was induced at 41 wks. I think my babies just bake longer.
Old 02-13-2012, 07:08 AM   #29
happysmileylady
Registered Users
seller

With my first, I had no idea what date I conceived, and my due date was based on ultrasounds. She was 3 days early.

With my second, I did IVF, I know exactly what days fertilization and transfer were, and the due dates were changed four times, based on ultrasound. She was 3 days early according to the conception dates, she was 10 days early according to the ultrasound due date.

With my 3rd, I know of only 2 possible conception dates, her due date was pretty spot on according to the second one, but then I was induced 10 days early from that.
happysmileylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 07:22 AM   #30
magdalynaa
Registered Users
seller

I'm definitely interested to find out! I have no idea when I conceived. My BC completely stopped my periods for three years. Conception was calculated based on when I finished my last pack of BC pills. I stopped taking them August 13th and and found out I was pregnant on September 22nd.

Still, it looks right now like they got really close, even with fuzzy dates. She's consistently been 3 days smaller on the last 3 u/s than the EDD. The OB said to expect up to 14 days difference, so I'm shocked that the dates are measuring up this consistently!
magdalynaa is offline   Reply With Quote