Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-13-2012, 09:39 AM   #1
happysmileylady
Registered Users
seller

So, do I help unload the truck or not

We found out this weekend I am pregnant. I am estimating about 4wks, 3days. It was a surprise to get a positive test.

I work at CVS. Every Monday is delivery truck night. Most of our store's evening/weekend shift is there to unload and put away the delivery. There's no specific listing of who's job is who's, but a general concensus that one particular girl runs the register and the rest of us work the truck. I generally am the back up to the register if it gets busy. Working the truck involves lots of physical activity, lifting and moving and so on. The boxes and totes aren't HEAVY, but some are a bit heavy.

Last week, before we knew I was pregnant, I helped unload. About halfway through, I had to stop for a second, because I got really dizzy. I in fact had thought to myself that the last time i got that dizzy I was pregnant. But, I really didn't think I was. I also figured that even if I was pregnant, that I wouldn't possibly be feeling stuff like that so early. Now that I know I AM, I am nearly positive that the dizziness was pregnancy related.

So now the question is, do I help tonight or not? Is the dizziness likely to happen again and even get worse? If I don't help and work the register instead, that will be noticed and commented on. That means I will either have to make something up, or tell them that we just found out I am pregnant, neither of which is a great option.

WWYD?

Advertisement

happysmileylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 10:19 AM   #2
wordmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I think a little white lie might be in order. Just say that you've strained your back and would prefer to work the cash tonight. It shouldn't raise any suspicions. Though if this is a regular thing...

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Check out my blog, focusing on the wisdom of wee ones.
wordmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 10:28 AM   #3
andyoly82
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
It's up to you. When prego with DS I was in the army and had to preform all my duties including regular PT until my second Tri. Lifting shouldn't bother anything until you get a little bigger. You could always call your dr and talk to a nurse!
Old 02-13-2012, 11:57 AM   #4
jamilynn84
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I wouldd't ask for any special pregnancy treatment... Yet. But if doing it mskes you dizzy, i'd just say you're under the weather, or you back or wrist hurts to try to get out of it for the nexymt few weeks.

Apologizing in advance for iPhone typos/autocorrect
Old 02-13-2012, 12:12 PM   #5
jes750
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyoly82
It's up to you. When prego with DS I was in the army and had to preform all my duties including regular PT until my second Tri. Lifting shouldn't bother anything until you get a little bigger. You could always call your dr and talk to a nurse!
I agree. There's no reason you can't during a normal healthy pregnancy. That's said, if you continue to get dizzy im sure cvs would rather you not do so for the fear of you passing out or falling and getting hurt.
With my first pregnancy I got very dizzy while in line at the bank. I then passed out. Yup, right in the middle of the busy bank So, do be cautious!
Old 02-13-2012, 01:52 PM   #6
Sew_Sweet
Registered Users
seller

Re: So, do I help unload the truck or not

Lifting really isn't a big concern until your belly is bigger and your balance is "off" - and/or the strain would be so much on your back that you could injure yourself (since you already have strain from that added baby in front). But at 3 weeks I don't think you'd have anything to worry about.
Sew_Sweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 08:51 PM   #7
SeaChellsRun
Registered Users
Formerly: ChellySnow
seller
seller

My Mood:

Same as what other mamas said. I'd wait to pull the pregnant card incase something more serious comes up like cramping. If the dizzy spells are getting worse that's something you should talk to your care provider about, could be iron deficiency or dehydration.

DD1 1/09 *** DD2 4/12
SeaChellsRun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 08:57 PM   #8
cdeweese
Registered Users
Formerly: New cloth lover
seller
seller

My Mood:

I wouldn't lift anything too heavy if you're getting dizzy at all. I would just lift the lighter ones, and if someone says something, just say, "Im getting dizzy." The reason could be as simple as not eating breakfast
Old 02-13-2012, 09:03 PM   #9
Br2me
Registered Users
seller
seller

i agree with the above poster...just do as much as you think you should...and if you happen to get dizzyjust said something along the lines of oh i didn't eat lunch or whatever meal...
Br2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 07:17 PM   #10
KaylaJayne
Registered Users
seller

I guess it's up to you - I was about 5/6 weeks pregnant with this baby (although I didn't know) and moved my WHOLE house in less than 12 hours - including my bff and I moving my queen sized bed (mattresses and all).