Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-03-2012, 06:57 AM   #1
georgiasmommy
Registered Users
seller

I'm sure this is normal, but...

My pelvic bone REALLY hurts. It's hurting my hips, my TMI area, etc. and I can't put my pants on in the morning without it hurting. Same with rolling over at night. My OB says I'm carrying a big baby, and I am 5'1" so maybe that has something to do with it, but my gosh it hurts so badly I want to cry! Is this normal? I don't remember having it so badly with my DD.

Advertisement

georgiasmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 07:47 AM   #2
Jewelgurl137
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I have that in waves too. It is hard to walk and take care of my 2 yr old on those days. I think it is baby's head down low. Definitely normal, but yeesh it is irritating.
Old 02-03-2012, 08:01 AM   #3
lecialefty
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: I'm sure this is normal, but...

I'm having pain in that area too and don't remember it being as bad with dd1 either. I got a maternity support belt and I think it helps, but I can never remember to put it on...
lecialefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 08:31 AM   #4
tuckergirl
Registered Users
seller
seller

I have it too - especially in the evenings and at night. And I'm not having a big baby!! Mine's probably going to be between 6-7 lbs - we just don't make them any bigger than that. I'm sure a lot of it has to do with all the extra relaxin in the system at this point, but still - ow!
Old 02-03-2012, 10:15 AM   #5
blackberry75
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by lecialefty View Post
I'm having pain in that area too and don't remember it being as bad with dd1 either. I got a maternity support belt and I think it helps, but I can never remember to put it on...
I live in mine, but I'm on my feet a lot for work and would die w/o it. It helps w/ the hip pain, back ache and holds the weight of the baby so my stomach muscles don't hurt as much. I love it and highly recommend it to everyone at who's preggers (which is a fairly high percentage of my coworkers).

OP, it sounds like normal hip pain. I had it a lot last pregnancy. However, if you notice weakness in one or both hips, the hip locking up when you change position or the pain starts to go up your abdomen or down your leg-let your doc know. It could mean that the leg bone is jammed up in the hip bone, which is what I've been dealing w/. It's not as serious as it sounds and some physical therapy will get you back on par in no time, but it hurts like heck.

Take that with a grain of salt, I'm by no means an expert or any where near being a doctor. Oh and you won't need any xrays or fancy tests to tell. The doc just does some range of motion test (ie moves your leg around for you), some strength tests on the affected leg, and might check to see if you legs are the same length. It's super fast and relatively painless.
blackberry75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 12:05 PM   #6
georgiasmommy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackberry75 View Post
I live in mine, but I'm on my feet a lot for work and would die w/o it. It helps w/ the hip pain, back ache and holds the weight of the baby so my stomach muscles don't hurt as much. I love it and highly recommend it to everyone at who's preggers (which is a fairly high percentage of my coworkers).

OP, it sounds like normal hip pain. I had it a lot last pregnancy. However, if you notice weakness in one or both hips, the hip locking up when you change position or the pain starts to go up your abdomen or down your leg-let your doc know. It could mean that the leg bone is jammed up in the hip bone, which is what I've been dealing w/. It's not as serious as it sounds and some physical therapy will get you back on par in no time, but it hurts like heck.

Take that with a grain of salt, I'm by no means an expert or any where near being a doctor. Oh and you won't need any xrays or fancy tests to tell. The doc just does some range of motion test (ie moves your leg around for you), some strength tests on the affected leg, and might check to see if you legs are the same length. It's super fast and relatively painless.
I have a belly support band, but it's not very comfortable. I think it may be too late in the game to buy another one...those jokers are expensive!
I'm glad to hear that the pain I feel is normal, but at the same time....I hate that we're all so uncomfy at this point, ya know?
Old 02-08-2012, 09:42 PM   #7
Suburbangranola
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiasmommy View Post
My pelvic bone REALLY hurts. It's hurting my hips, my TMI area, etc. and I can't put my pants on in the morning without it hurting. Same with rolling over at night. My OB says I'm carrying a big baby, and I am 5'1" so maybe that has something to do with it, but my gosh it hurts so badly I want to cry! Is this normal? I don't remember having it so badly with my DD.
You have a pelvic separation. I have had the same thing with all 7 of mine. You have the classic symptoms. I started seeing a chiropractor with my 5th because I couldn't even rollover the pain was so bad. It helped tremendously. You probably feel some clicking too when you change positions and also might have sciatica. It's all related. You can also wear a support belt to help. Sounds funny but try to keep your knees together when rolling over and getting up. Sit down to put your pants legs on. And ice helps the pain. It gets worse with each pregnancy but I'm 34 weeks today and still rolling over and minimal sciatica this time because of chiro.
Bonnie. Christian, homeschooling, cloth diapering, non-circumcising, breast feeding, baby wearing, home cooking, granola-type wife to my amazing (hard working, awesome father) husband Brian, mommy to 6 crazy cool kids, B 3-98, A 9-00, J 4-02, P 4-04, Lil A 2-07,Lil P 7-10 and one sweet peanut due 3-12.
My poor neglected blog: www.suburbangranola.com
Suburbangranola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 12:46 AM   #8
JessicaArizona
Yes...we know what causes it!
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburbangranola View Post
You have a pelvic separation. I have had the same thing with all 7 of mine. You have the classic symptoms. I started seeing a chiropractor with my 5th because I couldn't even rollover the pain was so bad. It helped tremendously. You probably feel some clicking too when you change positions and also might have sciatica. It's all related. You can also wear a support belt to help. Sounds funny but try to keep your knees together when rolling over and getting up. Sit down to put your pants legs on. And ice helps the pain. It gets worse with each pregnancy but I'm 34 weeks today and still rolling over and minimal sciatica this time because of chiro.
It has been WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY worse this time around for me too! Yikes! It HAS gotten worse and I'm a total dork and completely forgot to use my chiropractor. HELLO! So glad you mentioned that. I'm calling him tomorrow!
Old 02-09-2012, 07:01 AM   #9
angelmama1209
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I didn't have any with my first, 3 days I could. not. walk. with my second, pain the entire 3rd trimester with my 3rd, and only minimal random pain (mostly when she's dropping) this time. Completely normal. Just your bones getting ready to fit baby through!
Shanna - married to Joshua (12/9/00), mommy to Princess Hailey (4/27/05), our Sweet Imp Ashlyn (11/3/07), Our Crazy Head Curly Top Alexa :wave2:(6/3/09), Sassy Little Juliet (3/2/12) and new baby Tristan (1/10/14)!
angelmama1209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 11:34 AM   #10
georgiasmommy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburbangranola View Post
Wow that makes sense! I might just need to call my chiropractor about it. I do have a lot of popping when I first stand up or start walking. My doctor says that baby is sitting on my sciatic nerve, but it's good to know it might be something else too. At night I can barely make it to the bathroom because of the pain!