Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-19-2012, 09:09 AM   #101
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Marchkins Chat 2/13 - 2/19

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunch!910 View Post
Congrats!!!! Wow! I can only wish my labor will be so fast!

Anyone else having absolutely terrible, awful, horrible, unbearable leg cramps in the middle of the night? I'll be jolted awake with a cramp that lasts for 5+ minutes. DH tries to help me stretch them out, massage it out, but it is literally as hard as a rock. My legs are always still sore in the morning from them.
I did with my first pregnancy- I learned to stretch my foot in the other direction without even really waking up. Once I figured that out it was a lot easier to get sleep. This time I haven't had that at all- I think maybe it's all of the eggs I'm eating, lol.

Advertisement

Old 02-19-2012, 09:59 AM   #102
McMandy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Yeah, I don't really like to be bothered either! I loved our unassisted (it was planned) and was really disappointed with my last birth which was midwife assisted. She said she would be hands off but she wasn't. However, my friend, who is my midwife this time, really IS hands off (I observed this at another friend's birth last week) so I am optimistic. Really, my unassisted birth was so awesome that I doubt any other births will ever measure up, even if we were to have another unassisted.
Old 02-19-2012, 10:07 AM   #103
crunch!910
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by songbird516 View Post
I did with my first pregnancy- I learned to stretch my foot in the other direction without even really waking up. Once I figured that out it was a lot easier to get sleep. This time I haven't had that at all- I think maybe it's all of the eggs I'm eating, lol.
Well, if eggs are supposed to help, they sure don't help me. I have eggs at least once a day. Breakfast every morning is always egg sausage patty and english muffin. Sometimes I have scrambled egg in my salad for lunch as well.

Some nights I can feel it coming on, stretch my calf and prevent a bad one. Other nights it hits like a train and I have no warning.

It ONLY happens when I'm sleeping on my left side, and it ONLY happens to my left leg. Despite "left side better" for sleeping, I think I'm going to try to stick to sleeping on my right. But the truth is I toss and turn alllllll night long so spend a fair share of my time onboth sides.
Old 02-19-2012, 03:47 PM   #104
CountryChicMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckergirl View Post
Details later, but Logan John arrived at 315am! According to DH, I woke him at 245, so that's a half hour labor. My midwife did NOT make it in time and DH and I caught him together in the water. Crazy! Will be back later, gonna nap with my little squeaker for a bit.
Congratulations Mama!!!
Old 02-19-2012, 04:55 PM   #105
Squeaky McMurdo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunch!910 View Post
Congrats!!!! Wow! I can only wish my labor will be so fast!

Anyone else having absolutely terrible, awful, horrible, unbearable leg cramps in the middle of the night? I'll be jolted awake with a cramp that lasts for 5+ minutes. DH tries to help me stretch them out, massage it out, but it is literally as hard as a rock. My legs are always still sore in the morning from them.
I had them really bad with my first pregnancy and my friend made me a spray bottle with I think 1 part rubbing alcohol and 1 part apple cider vinegar. Spray or rub it on your cramps when you get them and they go away almost instantly.

Potassium-rich foods help prevent them.

My ISO/IHA I'm looking for a Cosco Pronto cover in "Cars" preferably.
Squeaky McMurdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 07:20 PM   #106
georgiasmommy
Registered Users
seller

Crunch- bananas always helped me with cramps in my legs. I just eat 1 a day and I haven't had any leg issues this pregnancy. I only learned this trick at 38 wks with DD so I am so glad I haven't had problems this time.
Old 02-19-2012, 07:28 PM   #107
georgiasmommy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryChicMama View Post
I know you have your game plan in action for this pregnancy already, but have you considered a possibly VBAC (VBA2C) or will you all be done after this one?? I just ask, b/c I was induced w/ my oldest, dilated completely, but couldn't get him to descend through my pelvis either, pushing for 5 hours. Was told by my OB that he was too big to birth (at 9.13) and that I must have a narrow pelvis. With my second, however, I frequented the chiro at least once a week, had a different provider and easily delivered a 9.8lb baby w/ the same size head! I know every woman is different, but I just figured I'd put his "narrow pelvis" diagnosis to the test during labor since I'd kept everything in proper alignment and was predicted to have a similar size baby.
I am so wishing I could deliver vaginally, but unfortunately it's not in the cards for me. My OB told me before DD's birth that my pelvis was extremely narrow and I would likely end up needing a c/s. Other OBs have reiterated that since then, including the one I am seeing now. I suppose it doesn't help that my husband's big head keeps getting passed down to our babies. Small pelvis + huge baby head = no chance an OB or midwife will allow me to attempt a VBAC
I'm at peace with it though. It doesn't matter to me how I bring my baby into this world. He will still be mine and still be loved unconditionally.
Old 02-19-2012, 09:11 PM   #108
mamastesh
Registered Users
Formerly: preemiemama
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckergirl
Details later, but Logan John arrived at 315am! According to DH, I woke him at 245, so that's a half hour labor. My midwife did NOT make it in time and DH and I caught him together in the water. Crazy! Will be back later, gonna nap with my little squeaker for a bit.
So happy for you!!! Sounds like your delivery was awesome. Can't wait to see pics and hear details. I hope my hospital birth will be half as cool.

As for leg cramps, I had bad leg cramps and rls throughout this pregnancy. I have found that taking a daily iron supp (my iron was pretty low) and eating potassium rich foods helps a lot. I take a liquid iron vit that is awesome, but I can't remember the name right now. We just call it vitameatavegamin from the I <3 Lucy skit. it comes in a brown glass bottle and it looks just like that stuff. I have also found that flexing my foot as opposed to pointing and stretching my leg helps to counteract the leg cramp.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DS Forum
Old 02-20-2012, 05:00 AM   #109
crunch!910
Registered Users

I eat a banana almost every day too.. geesh. I guess I'm already doing all the right things and will just have to suffer through.

It's either a hit or miss it seems on how well I sleep. Some nights I toss and turn alllllll night, other nights I sleep like a log. I wish I had more of the latter. I'm exhausted! Mornings like this I really question how I'm going to be able to work up until I go into labor.
Old 02-20-2012, 10:19 AM   #110
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Claire slept with no diaper on for the first time last night! She's been in underwear during the day since 18 months, but this is the first time with no diaper at night. Oh it would be so awesome if she were completely out of diapers by the time Micah gets her. Her nighttime diaper is the only one I have to wash right now, so I guess that's not a big deal, but it would be great to just have her in underwear and not have to worry about it!

Crunch!910- I have sporadic episodes of not being able to sleep, but I've been making sure to eat a little bit of something that doesn't give me heartburn before bed, and that seems to help.