Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-20-2012, 05:29 PM   #111
m&m&m
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Marchkins Chat 2/13 - 2/19

I want my baby now!!!!! I just needed to vent that to some other pregnant women who would "get it" I am soo uncomfortable.

Advertisement

m&m&m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 06:39 PM   #112
MyKzooFamily
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by m&m&m View Post
I want my baby now!!!!! I just needed to vent that to some other pregnant women who would "get it" I am soo uncomfortable.
When are you due mama? I hope that baby comes soon!! I can totally relate to feeling AWFUL towards the end and being impatient. Luckily I'm not at that point yet, but it's SO frustrating when you are!!
Expecting (surprise) Baby #5 this summer.
MyKzooFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 06:41 PM   #113
m&m&m
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyKzooFamily View Post
When are you due mama? I hope that baby comes soon!! I can totally relate to feeling AWFUL towards the end and being impatient. Luckily I'm not at that point yet, but it's SO frustrating when you are!!
I'm technically due on the 28th of Feb (but I identified more with the March group than the Feb DDC group ;0) )

Oh and I have been having irregular contractions for almost 2 weeks now. 1.5cm dialated and 70% effaced.

Last edited by m&m&m; 02-20-2012 at 06:43 PM.
Old 02-20-2012, 06:46 PM   #114
MyKzooFamily
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

WOW MAMA! I hope baby comes soon!! Have you tried evening primrose oil vaginally to help with more dilation and effacement? Or pumping or laxatives to help with contractions? Both of those put my into labor my last two pregnancies. I found out that I had irregular contractions and false labor because my body wouldn't keep dilating, so I started my EPO vaginally early this time. Hoping that when contractions DO start, they will keep going.

I hope you go into REAL labor soon!!
Old 02-20-2012, 06:51 PM   #115
m&m&m
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyKzooFamily View Post
WOW MAMA! I hope baby comes soon!! Have you tried evening primrose oil vaginally to help with more dilation and effacement? Or pumping or laxatives to help with contractions? Both of those put my into labor my last two pregnancies. I found out that I had irregular contractions and false labor because my body wouldn't keep dilating, so I started my EPO vaginally early this time. Hoping that when contractions DO start, they will keep going.

I hope you go into REAL labor soon!!
I bought the EPO this morning and took 3 orally and will be doing 3 vaginally tonight. (per my midwife's suggestion)

I am not ready to do a laxative as my last labor was finally started with castor oil and they were INTENSE contractions (my water had broken a couple days prior so I was against the clock to get labor started). Since technically there is no "rush" the midwife suggested not to do anything "inducive" like that for now ---which I totally get I have been doing squats, lounges, walks, inversion, sifting, sex, making out, nipple stimulation, etc.
Old 02-20-2012, 07:03 PM   #116
McMandy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
I bought the EPO this morning and took 3 orally and will be doing 3 vaginally tonight. (per my midwife's suggestion)

I am not ready to do a laxative as my last labor was finally started with castor oil and they were INTENSE contractions (my water had broken a couple days prior so I was against the clock to get labor started). Since technically there is no "rush" the midwife suggested not to do anything "inducive" like that for now ---which I totally get I have been doing squats, lounges, walks, inversion, sifting, sex, making out, nipple stimulation, etc.
I bet the hubby is enjoying all the attempts to start labor! My husband is soooo helpful in that way

He asked me today if I needed a perineal massage. "You know, just because I am really, really concerned about your perineum!"

BAHAHAH!
Old 02-20-2012, 07:57 PM   #117
MyKzooFamily
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:

Yeah, I did castor oil with my first.. ugh... never again! The second time I did a gentle woman's laxative... can't remember what it's called. It's in a pink box and is a laxative in tablet form. I just took a full day's worth (3-4 tablets) and it worked. I actually didn't have the strong effects I got instantly from the castor oil, so if I had to, I think I would consider it again. Hopefully the EPO works for you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMandy View Post
I bet the hubby is enjoying all the attempts to start labor! My husband is soooo helpful in that way

He asked me today if I needed a perineal massage. "You know, just because I am really, really concerned about your perineum!"

BAHAHAH!
ROFL!!
Old 02-20-2012, 08:00 PM   #118
angelmama1209
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by songbird516 View Post
lol. I just looked at the BabyCenter "signs of labor" article for 37 weeks pregnant, and it reaffirmed that I never actually felt or saw any of those signs until AFTER labor had started...and then it only lasted a few hours! My dad said the other day, "I'm sure you'll be paying more attention and know this time when it's coming..." hahaha. Like I wasn't paying attention last time?! No, I just never felt BH, never felt baby drop, never had bloody show, water never broke, and I never felt any contractions that "wrapped around my belly". sigh. Maybe this time will be different?
Anyone else have really different labors for different kids?
My 3 have all been very different. With my first, my water broke at 35 weeks, but no labor started. It ended up being a 27 hour pitocin induced labor with and epidural and 3 hours of pushing. My second was 39 weeks, 5 days, 1 hour 20 minutes start to finish. Period. No time for pain meds. My third was 39 weeks, an all natural 10 hour labor at a birthing center with about 10 minutes of pushing.

I have NO idea what to expect with this one.
Shanna - married to Joshua (12/9/00), mommy to Princess Hailey (4/27/05), our Sweet Imp Ashlyn (11/3/07), Our Crazy Head Curly Top Alexa :wave2:(6/3/09), Sassy Little Juliet (3/2/12) and new baby Tristan (1/10/14)!
angelmama1209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 08:01 PM   #119
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMandy View Post

BAHAHAH!
hahaha. that is really funny. I remember going to bed the night that claire was born kind of irritated that my husband wasn't "in the mood", and then I started feeling contractions despite his disinterest, lol!

Still no problems with the jumping jacks at the gym, so I guess I don't have a lot to complain about! Baby is hanging out LOT/LOA, good heartbeat, and the midwife estimated him in the 6 pound range. I can't wait to meet him, but I know that it will be so much more work after he's born, so I'm trying not to rush anything!
Old 02-20-2012, 08:04 PM   #120
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
I'm technically due on the 28th of Feb (but I identified more with the March group than the Feb DDC group ;0) )

Oh and I have been having irregular contractions for almost 2 weeks now. 1.5cm dialated and 70% effaced.
ugh those contractions sound frustrating! I hope your labor goes more smoothly this time! Has the baby been in a better position? I know that last time he was hanging out posterior for a while.