Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-15-2012, 07:44 AM   #21
eschillo
Registered Users
seller

Re: Marchkins Chat 2/13 - 2/19

I am dilated...3.5cm and 70% effaced about a week ago...haven't gotten checked since.

They were supposed to do surgery to amputate her leg yesterday (which is partially dead and infected) but she isn't strong enough to take the surgery, and is going downhill fast. They are putting her in hospice today, but she can't swallow and her wishes are not to be fed intravenously (sp?), and the infection from her leg is killing her.

It seems like stripping membranes works about 1/2 the time...hoping it works for me if they agree to do it this early...I'd be devastated if I couldn't go to her funeral...

Advertisement

eschillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 08:28 AM   #22
KaylaJayne
Registered Users
seller

Wishing you luck that they strip your membranes and it works!
Old 02-15-2012, 09:11 AM   #23
lecialefty
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bezark View Post

Speaking of naughty flipping babies... He was posterior from 20-30 or 32 weeks when he finally flipped. I drove myself crazy from that point on trying to make him stay there, and he still went back to posterior while I was sleeping Monday night. I woke up to hiccups on my right hip yesterday and
I *think* I was able to get him back to the left this morning, but I'm not sure yet. He's still being pretty quiet.
Yeah I'm feeling hiccups on my right side this morning too, haven't felt them there this whole pregnancy. I'm going to clean the dining room floor this morning and hope that will help encourage her to flip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschillo View Post
I am dilated...3.5cm and 70% effaced about a week ago...haven't gotten checked since.

They were supposed to do surgery to amputate her leg yesterday (which is partially dead and infected) but she isn't strong enough to take the surgery, and is going downhill fast. They are putting her in hospice today, but she can't swallow and her wishes are not to be fed intravenously (sp?), and the infection from her leg is killing her.

It seems like stripping membranes works about 1/2 the time...hoping it works for me if they agree to do it this early...I'd be devastated if I couldn't go to her funeral...
I'm sorry you're having to deal with this. I don't know about a membrane strip, I've never had one before.
lecialefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 12:22 PM   #24
georgiasmommy
Registered Users
seller

Erin I am so sorry to hear about your grandmother. I pray for peace for your family during this difficult time.

I had my 35 wk appt today and everything looks great. I finally got some answers as to my pelvic pain. Baby's big head (thanks to DH) cannot fit through my narrow pelvis- this happened with DD during delivery; she never dropped and I never got past 5 cm- even though he is trying to drop. So he's just bangin' his head into my pelvis that he's too big to fit through. I'm not dilated and cervix is still high and closed. This is good because it means he won't come on his own so we won't have any surprises; I will more than likely make it to my scheduled c-section. I just have to deal with the pain of him trying to drop for the next 23 days...sounds like so much fun! The good thing about having a scheduled c-section? I don't have to get checked at any more appts. So unless I'm contracting like crazy, I don't have to go through that anymore. Dr. told me to take it very easy and get lots of rest. And just wait it out.
Old 02-15-2012, 12:53 PM   #25
lecialefty
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Gah I have a mole on my face that's acting up again. Will need to go have it removed (probably) after baby is born. As well as get two cavities filled.
Old 02-15-2012, 12:57 PM   #26
eschillo
Registered Users
seller

Spoke with my Dr, having my membranes stripped tomorrow morning...hoping it helps me FINALLY go into active labor! Trying to rush around to get some last minute stuff done...where to start?!?!?!
eschillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 03:33 PM   #27
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschillo View Post

I hope that you can go to the funeral, but remember that the funeral is more for the people that are still alive...if you couldn't make it, she would have understood. Whatever is best for you and the baby is what she would have wanted, I'm sure! Stripping your membranes might work, but if the baby isn't ready, it's more likely to cause contractions that are just painful and not productive, which wouldn't help anyone :/
Old 02-15-2012, 03:36 PM   #28
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lecialefty View Post
Gah I have a mole on my face that's acting up again. Will need to go have it removed (probably) after baby is born. As well as get two cavities filled.
ugh. I avoid the dentist as much as possible! I always pass out when having dental work done; thankfully it's been about 4 years since I last needed it!

I have a job interview tomorrow, lol. It seems kind of pointless at this stage in the pregnancy, but I'm going anyway. I don't think that they'll offer enough money for me to do it after micah is born, but we'll see.
Old 02-15-2012, 06:53 PM   #29
CountryChicMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by songbird516 View Post
ugh. I avoid the dentist as much as possible! I always pass out when having dental work done; thankfully it's been about 4 years since I last needed it!

I have a job interview tomorrow, lol. It seems kind of pointless at this stage in the pregnancy, but I'm going anyway. I don't think that they'll offer enough money for me to do it after micah is born, but we'll see.
Good luck on your job interview.

DS1 turned 4 today, so we've been celebrating all day. It was a BEAUTIFUL day in GA; I think it ended up being like 64-65 degrees? And then we had the g-parents over for cake and ice cream this evening.

I take DS2 for his first speech therapy evaluation tomorrow. I'm a little nervous, but also ready to finally see what course of action we need to take.
Old 02-15-2012, 08:13 PM   #30
lecialefty
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

So I told dh tonight that 2 weeks from today if I went into labor I could still have a home birth. He was like, um we gotta get the house clean/ready this Saturday. Really dh?