Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-14-2012, 04:07 PM   #11
hbelle521
Registered Users
seller

Just want to be able to find this for future reference & mamas to contact for support! Pretty sure ds is allergic.

Advertisement

hbelle521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 04:16 PM   #12
MamaJax2010
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tibeca
an antihistamine is an option. We use zyrtec when the screaming and projectile vomiting gets out of control.
You take it? Does it help with the upset tummy?
Old 02-14-2012, 04:25 PM   #13
tibeca
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Infant Dairy Allergy/Sensitivity

An antihistamine for the baby. Obviously check with your doctor first and use sparingly (like in the case of accidental exposure).
tibeca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 05:54 PM   #14
MamaJax2010
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Awesome. Thank you! That's a great idea.
Old 02-14-2012, 05:59 PM   #15
tibeca
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Oh, and I only use about 1/4 of the recommended dosage for baby based on weight. I don't like that they can make them tired. I usually start with the 1/4 dosage and give more every hour until they symptoms ease up. It has never taken more than 3, 1/4 doses.
Old 02-14-2012, 06:53 PM   #16
223Huntress
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by tibeca
Oh, and I only use about 1/4 of the recommended dosage for baby based on weight. I don't like that they can make them tired. I usually start with the 1/4 dosage and give more every hour until they symptoms ease up. It has never taken more than 3, 1/4 doses.
Does this work with other foods allergies, too? My daughter is grain intolerant (i don't know if it's an allergy) but also something is keeping her from pooping and sleeping regularly too. I had tried removing dairy, but nothing changed. Not sure what her trouble is...
223Huntress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 02:09 PM   #17
tibeca
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

If it is a TRUE allergy, the antihistamines will work. Talk to your doctor before introducing any medication (even OTC). However, all you will do is mask the symptoms. You need to get to the bottom of why it is happening. Have you considered eliminating corn? Corn seems to be a very common allergen, as well as soy.
Old 02-15-2012, 02:43 PM   #18
foxygoober
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm pretty sure her slightly runny nose is from the same cold the boys have. So far it isn't a serious cold. . .Her eczema is skin tone now, it's nice to see some quick results. Waiting to see if she starts pooping normal before eliminating other stuff. I guess we have a week to go before it's all out of her system.

I'll probably toss the freezer stash - Once I start pumping regularly I don't have a problem getting some extra. Trying to get enough for Monday is the hard part, but we'll figure something out. Even if dh has to come and get the milk. (he has the kids during the day and I have them in the evenings when he works)
Old 02-15-2012, 05:57 PM   #19
LilyOlivesMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've been off of dairy since November. DS was hospitalized after he had stopped breathing twice and was diagnosed with reflux. He's been on Prevacid since then and is doing great. His GI also said that dairy may worsen it, even though he tested negavtive for a dairy allergy in the hosp. (once I've had dairy in the last 3 months and he was miserable )

It's overwhelming at first but easy once you get the hang of it. I'm enjoying some coconut milk ice cream right now And Almond Milk is fantastic. I've dropped a bunch of weight, too, and my insides are working better. More importantly, DS is a much happier baby.

Keep nursing
LilyOlivesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 06:47 PM   #20
maple79vt
Registered Users
seller

Has he been okay? Last I knew the infant Prevacid contained dairy. Took us forever to figure this out with our DD. The prevacid both masked and caused the symptoms.
maple79vt is offline   Reply With Quote