Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-13-2012, 08:46 PM   #1
donnyandmelissa
Registered Users
seller

Best printer for homeschooling Pre-k & K with lots of printing

I have had 2 printers break on me in the past 18 months! I need to buy something on Amazon so I can get a square trade warranty I am thinking. But I am overwhelmed at the choices?

Has anynoe bought a new printer lately? Is b&w good enough? Is laser better? Budget is open I guess I don't want to spend too much but I don't want a cheapie either.

Advertisement

Mommy to Kane 10, Emily 3, Avery 3 months and wife to a AWESOME husband. We're a Cloth diapering, babywearing, extended breastfeeding, extended rear facing, non vaccinating, co sleeping, delaying solids family but most importantly a New testament Christian which means we speak where the bible speaks & are silent where the bible is silent.
donnyandmelissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 10:41 PM   #2
Bellamoon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I have a brother laser printer and that thing is awesome. A toner will print like 5 reams of paper! It was a good choice for us!
Old 02-14-2012, 05:51 AM   #3
fawnlovesjasper
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Best printer for homeschooling Pre-k & K with lots of printing

I have a brother inkjet.. if you find one that takes either LC-51 or LC-61 cartridges, you can buy them in bulk (generic of course) on ebay and amazon like cheaper than dirt. They are like less than a buck each usually if bought this way, and you can print in color. I figured it up once and buying my paper by the case when staples has it on sale for half price or buy one get one ($50ish for 10,000) sheets of paper and the super cheap ink, I'm paying about a penny a page to print in full color, usually on both sides of the paper.

It is way cheaper than even the cheapest black and white laser I have found.

ETA, I don't remember my exact math, but I changed all the cartridges once at the same time (there are 4 of them, so $4 worth of ink went in) and I printed 2 full reams of paper, front and back (so more like 4 reams printed on one side) before the first one ran out.

Also, I have had this printer now for a few years, it is still a workhorse, I print about 10 pages of paper a day on average. And I'm all about color.. my kids like it, it makes life more fun and exciting for us. If it's available in color, you can bet your butt I'm printing in color.

Last edited by fawnlovesjasper; 02-14-2012 at 05:55 AM.
fawnlovesjasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 06:00 AM   #4
fawnlovesjasper
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Best printer for homeschooling Pre-k & K with lots of printing

HERE IS A THREAD where I talked about my printer. (I'm fawn'sfunnyfarm there). Hope it helps.