Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-14-2012, 11:48 AM   #11
momof3boys1girl
No Longer Here

My Mood:
Re: Anyone else NOT circ-ing their boy?

DDC

I have two intact and one who circ. There really is no extra care tbh. Just wipe it off with a wipe when changing a diaper. You dont need to retract anything it will eventually do it on it own. I dont find any of my boys need any more attention in that area.

I would truly hope ladies at your church are not forcefully retracting any of the baby boys. All they need to do is whip it off with a whip when changing there shouldnt be any hand contact with their privates.

Advertisement

momof3boys1girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 11:57 AM   #12
Farmer's Wife
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My boy is circ'd and I wouldn't have it any other way. What I didn't know was that an intact boy shouldn't be retracted! Had no idea! Interesting, guess I learn something new everyday!
Old 02-14-2012, 12:38 PM   #13
crunch!910
Registered Users

Just wanted to add The Whole Network has "If Intact, Don't Retract!" packs that could help you educate anyone you anticipate to be changing diapers!

I'm equally worried about finding an intact friendly doctor and daycare/babysitter.
Old 02-14-2012, 12:40 PM   #14
mercyscreation
Registered Users

My Mood:

Wow! What a great and informative article! Thanks!
~Alicia wife to bestie for 6 years ! Mommy to 2 beauties Gracie (1/30/10) & Lily (6/20/06), and my strong man Declan (5/4/12). I'm a CD'ing, sometimes wearing, exclusive BF, extended rear facing & harnessing, super frugal SAHM!
mercyscreation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 02:56 PM   #15
4kids4me
Registered Users

My 7.5 year old is not circ'd and it hasn't been a big deal. Clean it like a finger. Anyway, it's not been a big deal at all.
Old 02-14-2012, 04:58 PM   #16
mercyscreation
Registered Users

My Mood:

I posted a link to the article that SeaShellsRun posted here for me to look at so that a friend of mine (who's also anti-circ) could read it. I recieved this private message from my grandma

"Are you considering not circumsising little boy? They have proved that women get cervical cancer more often when a male is not circumsised. just sayin"

LOL! You're kidding me, right?! If that were true and not a complete wives tale, wouldn't there be warnings or stuff written in the info packets they give you regarding circ-ing? So funny!
~Alicia wife to bestie for 6 years ! Mommy to 2 beauties Gracie (1/30/10) & Lily (6/20/06), and my strong man Declan (5/4/12). I'm a CD'ing, sometimes wearing, exclusive BF, extended rear facing & harnessing, super frugal SAHM!
Old 02-14-2012, 07:14 PM   #17
SeaChellsRun
Registered Users
Formerly: ChellySnow
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercyscreation View Post
I posted a link to the article that SeaShellsRun posted here for me to look at so that a friend of mine (who's also anti-circ) could read it. I recieved this private message from my grandma

"Are you considering not circumsising little boy? They have proved that women get cervical cancer more often when a male is not circumsised. just sayin"

LOL! You're kidding me, right?! If that were true and not a complete wives tale, wouldn't there be warnings or stuff written in the info packets they give you regarding circ-ing? So funny!
They should start putting General Surgeon's warning on mens underwear so that us gals know what's up.

DD1 1/09 *** DD2 4/12
SeaChellsRun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 07:19 PM   #18
SeaChellsRun
Registered Users
Formerly: ChellySnow
seller
seller

My Mood:

mercyscreation - You may be interested in this in the event it goes further with gma

So the association between circumcision status and HPV status rests on

1 circumcised man in Brazil who didn't have HPV
1 circumcised man in Colombia who didn't have HPV
3 circumcised men in Spain who didn't have HPV
nobody in Thailand, and
1 intact man in the Philippines who did have HPV.

And this association is essential to their thesis, because nowhere is the direct association between circumcision status and cervical cancer significant.

On the strength of those six men it is suggested that tens of millions of baby boys should be circumcised every year.

http://www.circumstitions.com/Cancer-cervNEJM.html

DD1 1/09 *** DD2 4/12
SeaChellsRun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 07:40 PM   #19
mercyscreation
Registered Users

My Mood:

Thank you. We talked about it and she was very kind and just wanted to be sure that I "was looking at both sides of it". That whole study seems flawed to me...not that I'm a scientist or dr. BUT when I was in school and we had to do a study like that we had to have equal numbers of each type of thing we were studying AND wouldn't it have been beneficial if they had (among those studied) asked and only reported about the circ'd and uncirc'd that had had similar numbers of sexual partners?
Old 02-14-2012, 08:01 PM   #20
ashersmomoo
Registered Users
seller

Neither of my boys are circ'd and #3 won't be either! ODS is 6.5, YDS is almost 4 and we have NEVER had an issue with either of them. Not one infection, trauma, retraction, nothing. Now, I do SAH, so I'm sure that helps, but honestly, they are so easy to care for. Like others have said, just treat it like the rest of them. And, so far at least, we've never had any poo issues. I actually think it was one of the best parenting decisions we made and I am beyond happy that we kept them intact. Also, it is very common here. The circumcision rate for our area is actually roughly 15%, so even though I wouldn't personally cut off a body part of my child's to be popular, I'm glad that it is a nonissue here anyway. Eek, I hope that didn't sound too harsh. I don't mean it in a mean way, I have just known a lot of people that have used that as a main argument...
DW to my BFF and DH! In SAHM heaven to my 3 perfect boys: Asher (9/2/05) , Oliver (2/24/08) , and Gabriel (3/30/12) Novice urban farmer, trying to feed my family on 1/3 acre! http://wildcardgardenbug.blogspot.com/
ashersmomoo is offline   Reply With Quote