03-20-2012, 12:15 PM
Join Date: Aug 2011
Re: Anyone else NOT circ-ing their boy?
thanks for sharing this...i stole it..lol
Originally Posted by crunch!910
Thought I'd post this here for people. not sure where I found it, but I modified it for it to suit us for both medical and daycare providers
Intact Care Agreement for Providers
1. Garen is not circumcised. He was left intact on purpose. We refused the operation because it is an unnecessary cosmetic surgery that provides no substantial medical benefits. We intend to keep him intact, and are informed on the proper (and wary of the improper) care of the intact penis.
2. The proper care of the intact penis is to "leave it alone". His parents do not retract his foreskin, as it is unnecessary, and likewise will not allow anyone else to do so either. The foreskin in infancy and early childhood is firmly attached to the glans (head) of the penis in much the same way as the fingernail is attached to the finger, and DOES NOT retract.
3. Any forced retraction of the foreskin before natural separation has occurred is painful to the child can cause irreparable damage through tearing and bleeding, the formation of adhesions and infection. The ONLY person who may retract our son's foreskin is our son himself, once natural separation has occurred. The foreskin gradually becomes retractable over a variable period of time ranging from birth to 18 years or more, but usually by puberty. There is no “right” age for the foreskin to become retractable.
4. There is NO reason whatsoever to "to see inside." There is NO need separate foreskin and glands to clean inside. There is NO need to see if the foreskin retracts.
5. The intact penis of an infant needs no special care. Proper cleaning involves wiping the OUTSIDE of the penis in one smooth motion with baby wipes at each diaper change. Any "cleaning" other than the a fore-mentioned can cause infection, and problems which stem from infections. Do NOT use soaps, wipes, q-tips, etc to wipe inside the foreskin.
6. We have written this document as a preventative measure. It is meant to relay our wishes and concerns to all providers and to protect our son from unnecessary, unintentional pain and harm due to widespread ignorance on the proper care of an intact penis.
Thankyou for taking the time to read this intact care agreement and understand our wishes for our child.
**Please forgive any typos!!**
Bridget... Married to my bestfriend since '03...
SAHM of 3... Dd1 9/08, dd2 12/10, and ds 4/12