Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-14-2012, 05:35 PM   #1
maddys_mama
Registered Users

My Mood:
Decorating a shared bedroom...

DS and DD share a room by choice. They had separate rooms but both kids sleep better if they sleep together. We're moving in a few weeks and I'd love to revamp their room. DS is still little so he won't really care what the room looks like. DD is 4.5 and is a pretty cool little person....while on one hand she loves princesses and fairies, she's also a huge fan of Harry Potter, superheroes and Star Wars. We don't want to paint, so I was thinking superheroes might be a good choice? It would certainly give me the opportunity to bring a lot of different colors in to the room.

If you have a boy and a girl sharing a room, mind sharing pictures of how you decorated it?

Advertisement

Old 02-14-2012, 05:48 PM   #2
moteq
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
For my b/g twins, I've done a turquoise and lime green theme. Mostly with curtains and crib linens. You can see a very small bit in this pic I took of my dd in a Mei tai.

I think a Harry Potter room would be awesome!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image-39710057.jpg (12.2 KB, 66 views)
Old 02-14-2012, 09:41 PM   #3
FourSaplings
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Decorating a shared bedroom...

My kids share rooms, but its boys in one and girls in the other. The Harry Potter idea sounds cool though. I know all three of my younger ones would LOVE that.
Old 02-14-2012, 11:44 PM   #4
naomi's mama
Registered Users
seller

My friend has a shared bedroom for her DS (10 months) and DD (almost 5 yr old). Cute. Here's a link to her blog in this thread (NOTE: she has a link embeded in this post w/ some other details about the room):

Last edited by naomi's mama; 11-23-2012 at 11:14 AM.
naomi's mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 06:55 PM   #5
mamaberkhie
Registered Users
Formerly: 3L*****B*****s
seller
seller

We did a simplified nature theme. The room was already blue, so we added a giant tree decal onto the wall, and DD had a small butterfly rug that matched nicely. We put a canopy over her bed because she likes girly things. I can add a pic later
Old 02-15-2012, 09:47 PM   #6
CamilikinsMama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My DD and DS share a room. It's a pretty small room The only "art" I have on the wall is this US map. Their bed is this bunk/loft bed from Ikea. The blue in the bed matches the blue in the map. And their toys are kept in this, which coordinates with the rest color-wise. On the wall that doesn't have the bed/window/map I tape up their artwork. So that adds all sorts of colors and themes. For bedding, they both have white bottom sheets and cover up with whatever random blanket(s) that they want to use. Overall, it's definitely more boyish, but DD loves the colors and map.

ETA: DD is almost 4 and DS is almost 2.

Last edited by CamilikinsMama; 02-15-2012 at 09:48 PM.
CamilikinsMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 04:50 PM   #7
Sarai*
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

You could do an explorer/camping theme. Maps for the walls, lantern night lights, tent to go on bed, little camping table/chairs, etc.