Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-14-2012, 01:05 PM   #1
crunchymamaNY
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Not sure what to do!! I need advice plz!

My son is showing big interest in wanting to pee in the potty. He is currently 22 months old, and pulls off his dipe to pee....anywhere, anytime. Sometimes he pees in the potty, and he does this without me asking. BUT, sometimes, he just pulls down his pants and pees on the carpet, or floor, or wherever!! Oh, and he will say, "I bee I bee" (for I peed)

I don't like him peeing where he chooses. I don't punish him in any way because I want him to get the feel of peeing on his own command, but my carpets can't take it! Plus, we keep the house around 65 degrees (which is on the cold side) because we just can't afford it to be warmer here. We already pay out $260/m in electric, and that's with the heat down to 59 at night!!

Anyway, I want to encourage him to use the potty more. But, when I say, "do you have to use the potty?" he will just go on it, and flush the toilet over and over and over. He refuses to use the little potty. Not sure why. He thinks it's some sort of ride on toy!

Long story short, how can I effectively potty train him when he has accidents all the time on purpose, takes off his clothing whenever and wherever he is? Oh, and I don't wanna force full body suits on him because I'm trying to encourage potty time. Oh, I do make him clean up his mess, but he likes doing that! I swear he's OCD about cleaning! He even has his own real vacuum because he likes cleaning so much!!

Advertisement